S3 8P To Golf R

LukeHS3

Reaction score
just wondering will the downpipe and decat pipe off an s3 fit onto the golf r? (aftermarket)

also would the itg intake and autotech fuelpump internals + would an s3 southbend clutch fit?

Thanks

i don't see why not, but that's purely an assumption.

a bit off topic but the Golf R is a strange car. i'd only be happy with it if i put a GTI kit on it. the GTI is a lot better looking

i don't see why not, but that's purely an assumption.

a bit off topic but the Golf R is a strange car. i'd only be happy with it if i put a GTI kit on it. the GTI is a lot better looking

Disagree entirely! love the R's central exhausts compared to the small wheelbarrow look to the ones on the GTI. The R has DRL's in the front bumper which look better and its also lower and deeper. The R also has 19's which look better than the lumps of corrosion that are the GTi's Monzas!

I've seen a couple of GTI's with the R's LED rear lights recently so not sure if they are R specific anymore, just MY11 for both models.

Only thing the R needs is a honeycomb grille.

Disagree entirely! love the R's central exhausts compared to the small wheelbarrow look to the ones on the GTI. The R has DRL's in the front bumper which look better and its also lower and deeper. The R also has 19's which look better than the lumps of corrosion that are the GTi's Monzas!

I've seen a couple of GTI's with the R's LED rear lights recently so not sure if they are R specific anymore, just MY11 for both models.

Only thing the R needs is a honeycomb grille.

they were never R specific.

give a GTI an aftermarket exhaust and it's the perfect car. there's an aftermarket kit which some feel looks tacky but i love. it's the best of both worlds. it still looks like a GTI but has your beloved DRLs

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GIlsuSZq_.../s1600/REVOZPORT's+VW+Golf+VI+GTi+Razor+7.jpg

Golf R has 18" as standard, the 19" are optional. The Golf R is a nice car but it's too expensive against the S3.
The rear lights were standard on the R and were standard on the GTi from MY10 much to the annoyance of the owners of the first GTi's!!

i also believe that if you spec xenons on the gti they now come with built in led's aka similar to the s3...

just wondering will the downpipe and decat pipe off an s3 fit onto the golf r? (aftermarket)

also would the itg intake and autotech fuelpump internals + would an s3 southbend clutch fit?

Thanks

i think all those parts should fit as they are mechanically identical, and the downpipes will be designed to run the same path.
Golf R- overpriced, and inferior interior, why!

reason is i had a little bump in the s3 and it looks like its going to need replacing and was thinking of getting another s3.. but im really liking the R aswell

i think all those parts should fit as they are mechanically identical, and the downpipes will be designed to run the same path.
Golf R- overpriced, and inferior interior, why!

no doubt this is going to raise some debate, but the Mk VI's interior is a much nicer place to be than the 8P's. it's infotainment system is better too