Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 1042
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: Time for a build thread....big turbo

  1. #361
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788

    Time for a build thread....big turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by Reevesy View Post
    Amazing car and excellent write up. Just a quick question, have you still got the straight through back box?
    Hi Reevesy,and thanks.

    No...the straight through box had to go...it was just too loud and beginning to annoy the neighbours with my early starts.

    It's basically a non-resonated Milltek now with a few mods at the diwnpipe end for the waste gate dump pipe.

    Quiet enough on startup and idle but still allows the odd flame and bang.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #362
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Thanks very much!

    Anytime you're at AMD or maybe another meet somewhere.
    Mine was in yesterday and is back in again tomorrow, i did have look to see if yours was hidden in the back or something there was a 2008 white one with a black roof but nothing else

  4. #363
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by L5 TUW View Post
    Mine was in yesterday and is back in again tomorrow, i did have look to see if yours was hidden in the back or something there was a 2008 white one with a black roof but nothing else
    Mine's alive and well and on the roads right now.

  5. #364
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Mine's alive and well and on the roads right now.
    Ah ok well that explains that then, shame as i would have like to see it in the flesh, a lot of time and effort and of course money has gone into your car, AMD have been nothing but helpful when i have used them and were always able to turn bits around quickly or get me in last moment.

    So much so that my Dad decided to get his first service on his car there rather than Audi lol !

    Keep up with the updates though Alex, although i am not sure what else you can possibly do now lol !

  6. #365
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by L5 TUW View Post

    Keep up with the updates though Alex, although i am not sure what else you can possibly do now lol !
    Plenty to come yet!

    Got to try another trackday and see how the suspension works.
    Also maybe a set of OSIR front wings,and then a change of turbo,and one or two other bits.

  7. #366
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Not Disclosed
    Posts
    425
    Alex, mind if I drop you a quick PM? You might be able to assist me with the next (first) stage of my plans?
    Superb car, project and write-up by the way!

  8. #367
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    Alex, mind if I drop you a quick PM? You might be able to assist me with the next (first) stage of my plans?
    Superb car, project and write-up by the way!
    Hi there.

    Thanks very much and of course.

    Just drop me a line.

  9. #368
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Not Disclosed
    Posts
    425
    Inbox full... I could copy my message into here but don't want to clog your legendary thread!

  10. #369
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    Inbox full... I could copy my message into here but don't want to clog your legendary thread!
    Oops.

    Cleared a few out.

    Should be ok now.

  11. #370
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Not Disclosed
    Posts
    425
    PM'd, thanks Alex!

  12. #371
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Maybe at AMDs next RR day.

  13. #372
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    I managed to miss the one yesterday...I'd been working until 3a.m. the night before,so that wasn't going to happen!

    Next one though.....

  14. #373
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Coming soon to a car near me....

    Michelin Pilot Super Sport | the Michelin Pilot Super Sport reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

    The R888s are great,but rather iffy on wet roads,so they're coing off until my next trackday,and these are going on.

  15. #374
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Coming soon to a car near me....

    Michelin Pilot Super Sport | the Michelin Pilot Super Sport reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

    The R888s are great,but rather iffy on wet roads,so they're coing off until my next trackday,and these are going on.
    225/40/18/92?
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

  16. #375
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben S3 8P3 View Post
    225/40/18/92?
    245x40x18.

    Same size as my R888s.

    That's on Team Dynamics 1.2 alloys.... A good weight saving over the originals and wider,but not without a LOT of effort in getting the whole thing to fit and work.

  17. #376
    pinterovski's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    661

    My Social Networking

    Add pinterovski on Facebook
    You drive this tyres before? Are they ok or............? Reviews are nice!
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

  18. #377
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by pinterovski View Post
    You drive this tyres before? Are they ok or............? Reviews are nice!
    I'm about to try!

    They're going on the car right now and I've used PS2s and 3s before.

    These have the same wet weather performance but vastly better dry road performance and are allegedly the nearest thing to an everyday use track tyre.

    We'll see shortly.

  19. #378
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Pics to follow later.

    Those tyres are amazing for a road tyre with track credentials.

    I know it's a warm dry day but the grip straight off is superb and almost as good as the R888s but without having to get them hot to get them switched on.

    Really very pleased and surprised.

  20. #379
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Pics to follow later.

    Those tyres are amazing for a road tyre with track credentials.

    I know it's a warm dry day but the grip straight off is superb and almost as good as the R888s but without having to get them hot to get them switched on.

    Really very pleased and surprised.
    Good to know, looking forward to the pics, i am going down the wheel and tyre upgrade soon, i spoke to Ben at AMD and he told me not to get 19's as they mostly always cause issues and to stick with an 18 which is what you have done, therefore there must be a massive benefit, so something in an 18 with a standard(ish) look with some grippy tyres maybe a good option for me. if its good enough for AMD and you there must be a reason lol !

  21. #380
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    I think the thing about 19s is that getting 19x9 rims to work would be a serious pain.

    The benefit for me with 18x9s was wider track and more rubber on the road but at the expense of some serious suspension upgrades.

    All of that has been totally worthwhile and the car grips and handles SO much better than before that its hard to believe.

    The rims I chose are TeamDynamics 1.2s and they look reasonably stock without being daft but are also a lot lighter than the originals.

    Tyres.....no contest,get the Supersports.

  22. #381
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    So....off come these....










    and on go these....



  23. #382
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I think the thing about 19s is that getting 19x9 rims to work would be a serious pain.

    The benefit for me with 18x9s was wider track and more rubber on the road but at the expense of some serious suspension upgrades.

    All of that has been totally worthwhile and the car grips and handles SO much better than before that its hard to believe.

    The rims I chose are TeamDynamics 1.2s and they look reasonably stock without being daft but are also a lot lighter than the originals.

    Tyres.....no contest,get the Supersports.
    Hey Alex so i take it you're running 245's (tire wise) on 18 x 9's ? only asking as i just invest in some pro race 1.2's anthracite and want to put some Michelin SS's though you reckon it will clear the arches ? running Bilstien B14's and H&R ARB's

    on a side not them wheels looks superb mate honestly ...any more upgrades coming soon ?
    S3Alex likes this.

  24. #383
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    Hey Alex so i take it you're running 245's (tire wise) on 18 x 9's ? only asking as i just invest in some pro race 1.2's anthracite and want to put some Michelin SS's though you reckon it will clear the arches ? running Bilstien B14's and H&R ARB's

    on a side not them wheels looks superb mate honestly ...any more upgrades coming soon ?
    Yes... 245x40x18x9 Supersports.

    You need to take a look back to about here ....

    Time for a build thread....big turbo

    To see what it took to get that lot to just about fit under the arches.

    New suspension all round to enable using adjustable topmounts for camber on the front,machining the front brake bellhousings to bring it all in 10mm(the VWRacing kit incorporates 10mm worth of offset to clear the calipers with stock rims),and then 3 degrees of negative at the rear,and 2.5 negative at the front.

    You can get some idea of how close the fit is here....




    And here.....




    So.....it is a VERY tight fit,and it does rub for an instant now and then over a very heavy bump at speed,so I now need some of these:

    TTS Roadsport OSIRFrontwing

    That will give another 20mm of front wing clearance so that should take care of that little issue.

    After that,I need a new boost gauge that goes a bit higher than the current one,and a new set of rear brake pads to math the fronts.

  25. #384
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Nice work.. bet it sticks like glue on the track though... nice specs but such a hassle to do all that work to it.. neither can i adjust the camber at the front unlike yours .. only way i can play with is the rears' camber and toe... my prospects don't seem so good maybe 225 or 235's should fit better

    as for the front wing looks good cant you just flare your arches and that should be it ?

  26. #385
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    Nice work.. bet it sticks like glue on the track though... nice specs but such a hassle to do all that work to it.. neither can i adjust the camber at the front unlike yours .. only way i can play with is the rears' camber and toe... my prospects don't seem so good maybe 225 or 235's should fit better

    as for the front wing looks good cant you just flare your arches and that should be it ?
    That's one of the S3s real limitations although TTRS track rods may help.

    The front arch could be bent out a bit but tends to look a bit odd compared with something like those OSIR wings.

  27. #386
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    A few dirty pictures.....LOL.

    Not that kind obviously.........


    Nice bit of gunmetal grey anodising on the brake bellhousing by AMD.



    Decent view of new AP rotors





    And the rather nasty old rotors they replaced.....






    And now the dirty stuff......



  28. #387
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20
    awesome info in here

    keep up the fab work fella
    S3Alex likes this.

  29. #388
    martinivw's Avatar
    :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TheShire
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    A few dirty pictures.....LOL.

    And now the dirty stuff......


    how sad am i ?, one of the best pics imo, of parts we cant see from the outside :D
    S3Alex likes this.

  30. #389
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    how sad am i ?, one of the best pics imo, of parts we cant see from the outside :D
    And how sad am I for taking the pics!

  31. #390
    martinivw's Avatar
    :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TheShire
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    And how sad am I for taking the pics!

  32. #391
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    37
    Hi Alex. Can you confirm the RS4 Injector part number you used on your build please.
    I have it as 079 906 036D and the Repair kit 06E 998 907.
    I had a misfire and was told 2 x Injectors on my car were faulty, so now would be the ideal time to get the bigger ones.

  33. #392
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by I8AGTI View Post
    Hi Alex. Can you confirm the RS4 Injector part number you used on your build please.
    I have it as 079 906 036D and the Repair kit 06E 998 907.
    I had a misfire and was told 2 x Injectors on my car were faulty, so now would be the ideal time to get the bigger ones.
    Hi there....

    Unfortunately I have no idea of part numbers,as I asked AMDTuning to do all of the ordering for me,apart from things like the auxiliary fuel pump and WMI kit.

    Sorry!

  34. #393
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139
    Alex- not sure if your able to help. Im after a boost gauge that will fit nicely in one of the heater vents.

    Off the top of your head do you no anywhere that sells one that will fit in? Also where is the best place to plumb it to in the engine bay?

    Cheers

  35. #394
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,456

  36. #395
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh williams View Post
    Alex- not sure if your able to help. Im after a boost gauge that will fit nicely in one of the heater vents.

    Off the top of your head do you no anywhere that sells one that will fit in? Also where is the best place to plumb it to in the engine bay?

    Cheers
    As above,the Podi gauges are excellent,and may be on my list as well.

    Alternatives include the Newsouth gauge and pod I've got,and I'm either going to fit the Podi to the existing mounting pod,or maybe a Racetech 2.5 bar gauge.

    The best place to run it from is via the manifold,and a lot easier if you already have the Forge breather kit.

  37. #396
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    As above,the Podi gauges are excellent,and may be on my list as well.

    Alternatives include the Newsouth gauge and pod I've got,and I'm either going to fit the Podi to the existing mounting pod,or maybe a Racetech 2.5 bar gauge.

    The best place to run it from is via the manifold,and a lot easier if you already have the Forge breather kit.
    just to add, if you don't have forge breather kit. here's a sexy little piece from integrated engineering for boost gauge

    Integrated Engineering Boost Tap For FSI, TSI, and 2.5L 5CYL Engines
    martinivw and S3Alex like this.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  38. #397
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Very nice indeed.

  39. #398
    martinivw's Avatar
    :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TheShire
    Posts
    381
    New thread for boost gauge, sorry for the hijacking Alex
    Zada-tech boost gauges
    Last edited by martinivw; 29th April 2013 at 12:09.

  40. #399
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by martinivw View Post
    New thread for boost gauge, sorry for the hijacking Alex
    Zada-tech boost gauges
    No worries!

  41. #400
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    C 

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO