Decent Tyres?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
My cars done just over 13000 miles, and is getting due some new front tyres. They're not at their wear indicators yet, probably have another couple of thousand or so left.

Its currently got Dunlop Sport Maxx's on. Now I dont know how long Im keeping the car for just yet, so dont know whether its worth putting premium tyres on, to trade it in or sell it on. Would a decent budget pair effect the price and its desirability, or should I just get another pair of Dunlops?

:icon_thumright:

Get another pair of Dunlops so they all match. The difference in price won't be massive, and sad as it is one of the first things I look at when buying a car is the make of tyres and if they match. If its got budget tyres fitted then I think along the lines off "has it been serviced on a budget etc"...

My cars done just over 13000 miles, and is getting due some new front tyres. They're not at their wear indicators yet, probably have another couple of thousand or so left.

Its currently got Dunlop Sport Maxx's on. Now I dont know how long Im keeping the car for just yet, so dont know whether its worth putting premium tyres on, to trade it in or sell it on. Would a decent budget pair effect the price and its desirability, or should I just get another pair of Dunlops?

:icon_thumright:

Running Faulkan 452s which are top end budget, good tyres, had contis on before which were quieter but the F452s are pretty good look at camskills web site cheapest arround.

Audicruiser , makes perfect sense to me !

Thanks for all the replies!

Is it worth holding out until you know if you're keeping the car or not?

Well, Im planning on ordering a new car at the end of the year and then selling mine privately, but Im going to demand a decent / good price, because the car is absolutely immaculate. If it doesn't sell, I will keep it, and cancel the new one. Either way, it will need new tyres, nobody is going to buy a car that has no front tyres left. But, I just wondered whether you guys thought it was worth me paying extra for the Premium tyres over the Budget ones? So if people said that nobody is really bothered what tyres the car has, then I would have just stuck some decent budget rubber on, but tbh, I can see myself buying some Dunlops, so its exactly like it was when it rolled out of the factory!

Im due some soon, as i plan on purchasing some 19's in spring time, I'm going for the Falken 452's. Not read a bad report yet

Got a pair of Falken 452's waiting to be fitted on the fronts this friday. Great prices from Camskill

Ran the Falkens on my MK4 Golf - IMO the WORST tyre I've ever fitted :no:

They were fine for the first couple of thousand of miles and then the performance dropped off like a lemming off a cliff

Barely got 9K miles out of the fronts and the rears didn't last much longer. Replaced them with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's and the difference was night and day. Excellent grip in all conditions (on a par with Goodyear F1 Assy's) with the added bonus of being quieter too

Just my 2p :thumbsup:

Have PS2's up front and some PS3's just fitted on rear. Not cheap but they are good on the Audi IMO. 12,000miles on PS2's at the rear before changing them over to the front and still had over 5mm tread!

Well, Im planning on ordering a new car at the end of the year and then selling mine privately, but Im going to demand a decent / good price, because the car is absolutely immaculate. If it doesn't sell, I will keep it, and cancel the new one. Either way, it will need new tyres, nobody is going to buy a car that has no front tyres left. But, I just wondered whether you guys thought it was worth me paying extra for the Premium tyres over the Budget ones? So if people said that nobody is really bothered what tyres the car has, then I would have just stuck some decent budget rubber on, but tbh, I can see myself buying some Dunlops, so its exactly like it was when it rolled out of the factory!

Well that was kind of my point, if you were going to trade it in, then tyres won't make a blind bit of difference to trade in values so i'd stick budgets on it, but if you're selling private, I would keep it standard as per factory spec and stick the Dunlops on it. If you were keeping it i'd recommend going down a different route.

The FK452's are good in terms of grip, wet and dry. Although only had them on for a few thousand miles so far. But they are noisy.
I've got used to them now, but everytime I concentrate on the sound it surprises me how much noise they actually make.
Good for the dough though.