FAO NHN - Please send my mirror

heeman10

Audi driver since Dec 08
Reaction score
Nigel, I have sent you quite a few messages about this now, including another this morning. It is a month since I paid for the wing mirror. You promised me eleven days ago that you would be posting it to me, after apologising for the delay. I have been more than patient, and don't appreciate being fobbed off.

I'll think myself lucky then: I've been trying for more than a week to get NHN/Nigel to send me an invoice so I can buy a VCDS cable from him. At least I haven't paid him yet! I ordered from somewhere else (cheaper) 10 minutes ago incidentally because, like you, I don't appreciate being ignored in a business transaction.

It's a shame because from PMs Nigel seems like a nice bloke, but I'm currently driving 200 miles/day with two warning lights on (one of them emissions) whilst waiting for a cable to diagnose the problem that should take 5 minutes to post, and that I told Nigel I needed before last weekend! I know how you feel, heeman10.

Sorry Nigel.

I wouldn't be too hasty, the guy's been pretty busy lately. Those that have been around on the forum for more than a little while know he's reliable enough, so i'm sure there is a good reason.

nige is a good bloke he is very busy though with the move to italy and the new ween etc im sure he will be round to appologise sooner or later lets not turn this into a slating thread.

Nige is a good and honest guy and yup been very busy with his family. I know him really well and in touch with him daily, I have told him you asking so expect a PM soon

Last edited:
I'm sure there is a reason why he's delayed the posting. He is a very busy man, I know Nigel very very well, he is one of the most honest and helpful people I've ever met, with his move to Italy & his new born child, he's got alot on his plate at the moment, I'm sure you could have resolved this situation without putting a thread up to tarnish his very good and helpful reputation.

Nigel is an asset to this forum.

no one has slated Nigel here, this guy i simply going through the only method he has to make contact with Nigel, as he did not get back to PM's / email

no harm in that surely? i mean if something similar happened on ebay with someone not replying to your messages then you would contact ebay, so on here you just contact other users who may know what is up or have further means to contact him

@heeman - sit tight mate, Nigel has a rep on here and doesn't seem to be the type of guy to fob you off

Nigel is a good guy, always willing to help fellow asn, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and I am sure Nigel has a very valid reason for the delay. Agree with N8, Sarah, p5snd and beanoir Nige's rep on this site speaks volumes.

Nige hasn't even got time to wipe his own **** atm people, he's currently out of the country and looking after a lil'un

We all know him to be a decent bloke, just be patient and he will get back to you. There must be a genuine reason why he has delayed this for you guys

Perhaps Heeman you should arrange to have this little thread removed and we can all agree that it never happened...

Bottom line: and to be fair, NHN ain't trying to rip you off.

But busy??? Maybe.
Not too busy to post regularly and recently though, so maybe a little reply to all these PMs the OP and other guy claim to have sent should've been do'able though. No??

Bottom line: and to be fair, NHN ain't trying to rip you off.

But busy??? Maybe.
Not too busy to post regularly and recently though, so maybe a little reply to all these PMs the OP and other guy claim to have sent should've been do'able though. No??

true mate, but maybe we shouldn't speculate as we don't really know whats going on do we?

as for the deletion of the thread, no good as far as im concerned, Nigel should be allowed to set the record straight, then sort the situation with this guy otherwise this has been a wasted effort to contact Nigel

true mate, but maybe we shouldn't speculate as we don't really know whats going on do we?

as for the deletion of the thread, no good as far as im concerned, Nigel should be allowed to set the record straight, then sort the situation with this guy otherwise this has been a wasted effort to contact Nigel

I'm not being funny, but when a newbie like yourself struts around making public lynchings of well regarded members of a forum, it tends to go down like a cup of cold sick with other forum users. If this is the way you intend to use the forum, then I wouldn't expect too much help from other forum members in the future if I were you.

I'm not being funny, but when a newbie like yourself struts around making public lynchings of well regarded members of a forum, it tends to go down like a cup of cold sick with other forum users. If this is the way you intend to use the forum, then I wouldn't expect too much help from other forum members in the future if I were you.

i made no lynchings mate, in fact i made a point of asking for the thread not to be closed so that Nigel would be allowed to set the record straight since the first two posts basically lynched him

The Issue here is between Heeman and NHN. I don't really see why we should have to disagree with each other. This thread seems far too clicky. Smoothie not said anything wrong besides disagree with beanoir comment about removing the thread. And say it should be left open so Nigel can set everything straight and I'm sure Nigel would agree on that. The op done the thread as this was his last resort and feels other members may be able to pass a message on or explain why Nigel could be busy. Such as him moving to Italy and the newborn only being a few months old.
As neither are small jobs and will take alot of time up. So why don't we all relax and stop over reacting :)

Its pretty obvious that Nige is fleeing the country with your cash. He often said to me that one big sale like a wing mirror and he would be gone ! I can only suggest you inform Interpol but a word of caution. His new Mother law has links to the mafia and a plentiful supply of horses heads !

Its pretty obvious that Nige is fleeing the country with your cash. He often said to me that one big sale like a wing mirror and he would be gone ! I can only suggest you inform Interpol but a word of caution. His new Mother law has links to the mafia and a plentiful supply of horses heads !

haha fair play paddy

Funny thing is... a little while back there was another thread chasing a "respected member" for the non delivery of goods sold. And if my memory serves me correctly suspicions were raised when that member didn't reply to PMs even though they were actively posting on the forums during the same period.

What makes me laugh is that the main Lieutenant Colombo :detective2: in that thread is now the subject of this thread. :lmfao:

I say string him up with his beloved vagcom cable. *hangman smiley*

Anything you need to say to an indavidual member need not be made public.

I am sure he will be along to explain shortly.

Ok 1st a sincerely apology to Heeman for he mirror situation, he is 100% correct he should of got his mirror by now & I whole heartedly apologise for the situation & delays, this situation is not the norm for me as a number of members have attested to in the recent thread, Heeman is right to ask for the item, the item is in hand, its not fictional.

Now, although my circumstances shouldnt affect the deal made with Heeman at all, I can at least give an explanation which is clearly no way of fobbing you of, then you can make up your own minds I think & maybe from this see there were fairly good reasons for any such situation to arise.

I have had a new baby, she hasnt been the best as such with constant stomach problems which at least 1 respected well known member will confirm, but to add & most importantly to this my partners Grandma got hit by a car of late & has been very badly hurt & the missus has been going to & fro from hospital to look after her at all kinds of times, to add to this I moved to Italy & of course this has delayed anything else from being completed, just remember in Italy the Gran is like a saint to the family, so I have been left holding the kid all the time, I'm exhausted to say the least.

Again I apologise to Heeman, he rightly deserves the thread I have created, I hope he see's this as not an excuse by at least an explanation.

I will be contacting Heeman later today, he has a choice of a full refund or the mirror itself, nothing to hide, just situations have arisen that have affected my everyday life considerably.

Bill Gates must envy me :p (read it Paddy lmfao)

Normal service will resume shortly, apologies for not sending an invoice for vagcom to the 2 members I know of, they havnt paid for the said item as yet, so maybe a post regarding this was not neccessary, but you're entitled too if you like, but you havnt been wronged in anyway afaik, just service has been lacking & this was a 1st from me, which again I apologise for.

I would like to note, this is most definitely not a case of Siena from the B5 section, please dont tarnish me with that brush.

The reason why I am posting this is I have great respect for this forum in general & I've spent a long time hopefully building up a reputation as an honest bloke, I would hope this situation after explanation doesnt change the views by members of who I am & how I act accordingly, you're free to decide of course.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Last edited:
Fair play for making this thread Nigel, think everyone knew there was a reasonable explanation anyways....

Hey I take my morals very seriously, I've been to put it bluntly fecked over for thousands in business before, not through any fault of my own, so I wouldnt want anyone to feel robbed as such by me for any amount, even if it was never going to happen anyway, but it is annoying to say the least to even have the thought of someone possibly taking your money & running, so rightly Heeman deserved the thread I created, I will deal with the situation immediately & hopefully he will post when its resolved to alleviate any concerns for others who wish to do deals wth me.

Thanks for the post.

I have now pm'd Heeman asking for his direct number so I can personally contact him & apologise & offer a solution.

as i said before nige i hope things get better for you and your family, all the bad stuff comes at once. hopefully this gives people the answers they were after

Thank you for responding Nige. As others have said, you appeared to be a "decent bloke" through PMs (I don't care what people say, you CAN judge characters through the internet, to an extent), so it was a let-down to me that you gave me your word that you would post the mirror twelve days ago, and that I should expect it 3-4 days later. You explained your problematic circumstances to me, and it was off your own back, after your explanation, that you offered a timescale within which I could expect the mirror. As you know, I have been very keen to get the mirror ASAP, since a driver's side wing mirror must be the saviour of hundreds of accidents a day, and I have not been looking forward to driving around the busy city of Nottingham with my partner this weekend without my safety aid. For my own safety and hers, I have decided to buy a mirror glass today as a last resort, as I sincerely doubt the mirror will arrive in time now.

I understand and sympathise with your problems, but next time, I would greatly appreciate it if you would either stick to your initial promise(s), or have the decency to let me know if you can't. As others have said, you have been entirely active on the forum replying to threads, but in the last eleven days, didn't take thirty seconds to let me know that you hadn't posted the mirror. I can see that you are respected on this forum, and rightly so, I'm sure, but I always take a dim view of people telling me "I'll see you at 3pm", or "I'll post it immediately", only for them then to miss their self-imposed deadlines, and then do the victim the further disservice of failing to give a ten second call or a brief message to let them know that they may need to make alternative plans. Let's just put it down to experience, and I'll continue to do my best to avoid the drunk moped warriors and hapless bin lorries in the meantime.

P.S. It's been a bit embarrassing to see the "high and mighty" stance taken by some of the long-established members on here, having a go at "Newbies". I've been using forums, and have been conversing face-to-face in the real world for a number of years now. No-one voiced an unfair or disrespectful opinion, so let's just remember that unless people are unfairly slagging off families and calling Moderators' parents in-bred cave-dwellers, we should all be able to speak our thoughts every now and then :)

P.S. It's been a bit embarrassing to see the "high and mighty" stance taken by some of the long-established members on here, having a go at "Newbies".

Thanks, I get the hint, apologies for me being rather condescending last night.

I don't think anybody was trying to be "high and mighty", we were trying to encourage people to stick to the rules of the forum and point out to those that perhaps hadn't read the rules that this is not how this forum operates, which is why the Mods closed your thread.

I'm glad to see things have been sorted out, and lets all be happy familys.

Here's an olive branch...

Last edited:
Fair comments tbh from Heeman.

I can honestly say I could/should of spared the time to make him aware of change in circumstances, I was only made aware of the thread by contact personally by good friends outside of the forum, which shows how much time I have on here free to peruse atm, but tis true I needed a good kick up the **** or in the balls to sort this out immediately.

But, if we're all honest my situation can happen to anyone & does everyday, it honestly was a case of everytime I sat down to sort stuff out including this, untold pm's, I was back up again dealing with personal things explained already.

On the front of activity on the forum, anyone that knows me before have known me to be active throughout the day which maybe viewed as sad overall :), but if we were to honestly check my postings in the last month or so against say 3 months back you will see a vast difference in my activeness on the forum, as I said above, the posts you've maybe seen from me were mostly from me working down my pm's dealing with requests for help on threads, which then I have to cut short, but again this is my fault for not prioritising Heemans situation.

I wont go into every detail to defend my actions as it would just dwindle into pointlessness for all concerned, I have my reasons, unfortunately its affected someone else for which I am truly sorry, but not at all purposely you understand, the situation will be resolved to a satisfactory conclusion so he can see the next lorry to take his mirror with them :p

I have been in direct contact with Heeman by way of a phone call, he has been asked for the way forward, we have agreed how to proceed, of which I will be actioning by end of tomorrow, so lets hope this is resolved fairly quickly.

It maybe prudent for me to ask Mark to merge the 2 threads with joint titles, I will ask Heeman if he is happy with this so its all in one & ask the thread remains open for comments.

beanoir - Do the rules of the forum state that if you take money from a member, they should receive their item within a month? If not, perhaps they should. Should the little old lady in the cul-de-sac who gets bullied by thugs every day keep her mouth shut too? We speak out when we feel justice is not in play. My thread wasn't aggressive, unfair, or untrue, I just wanted an answer, and to know why I had been without my money AND goods for a month. Would you sit back and let that happen? If so, fair play to you!

I have spoken to NHN now (he kindly called me at his own expense, from Italy, to put things right), and all is well. I explained that had it been an inconsequential item (e.g. a modification, or something minor like a parcel shelf/cigar lighter), I would've been content with waiting for months on end. As it is though, a driver's wing mirror is pretty crucial, hence my anxiety to replace mine which was smashed off by a swerving Corsa over a month ago.

I know how much of your life, time and headspace it saps up when your little one is ill, alongside a number of other stressful situations, and am happy that Nigel is able to settle this within the next 24 hours. Who KNOWS what will happen if he sends me the wrong mirror! :busted_cop:

P.S. Yes Nige, if you want the threads to stay up and be merged, that's fine. Otherwise, they can be removed (as soon as I get a pretty box through my letterbox!).

Last edited:
So to get this right, you wanted the drivers side corsa wing mirror & housing?

beanoir - Do the rules of the forum state that if you take money from a member, they should receive their item within a month? If not, perhaps they should. Should the little old lady in the cul-de-sac who gets bullied by thugs every day keep her mouth shut too? We speak out when we feel justice is not in play. My thread wasn't aggressive, unfair, or untrue, I just wanted an answer, and to know why I had been without my money AND goods for a month. Would you sit back and let that happen? If so, fair play to you!

What the Mods do and don't think is right is up to them and the site Admin team, but it's up to us to play by them.

I was just offering you and others a sincere apology for my retorts and sticking my nose in, I was hoping you'd see that.

Ok 1st a sincerely apology to Heeman for he mirror situation, he is 100% correct he should of got his mirror by now & I whole heartedly apologise for the situation & delays, this situation is not the norm for me as a number of members have attested to in the recent thread, Heeman is right to ask for the item, the item is in hand, its not fictional.

Now, although my circumstances shouldnt affect the deal made with Heeman at all, I can at least give an explanation which is clearly no way of fobbing you of, then you can make up your own minds I think & maybe from this see there were fairly good reasons for any such situation to arise.

I have had a new baby, she hasnt been the best as such with constant stomach problems which at least 1 respected well known member will confirm, but to add & most importantly to this my partners Grandma got hit by a car of late & has been very badly hurt & the missus has been going to & fro from hospital to look after her at all kinds of times, to add to this I moved to Italy & of course this has delayed anything else from being completed, just remember in Italy the Gran is like a saint to the family, so I have been left holding the kid all the time, I'm exhausted to say the least.

Again I apologise to Heeman, he rightly deserves the thread I have created, I hope he see's this as not an excuse by at least an explanation.

I will be contacting Heeman later today, he has a choice of a full refund or the mirror itself, nothing to hide, just situations have arisen that have affected my everyday life considerably.

Bill Gates must envy me :p (read it Paddy lmfao)

Normal service will resume shortly, apologies for not sending an invoice for vagcom to the 2 members I know of, they havnt paid for the said item as yet, so maybe a post regarding this was not neccessary, but you're entitled too if you like, but you havnt been wronged in anyway afaik, just service has been lacking & this was a 1st from me, which again I apologise for.

I would like to note, this is most definitely not a case of Siena from the B5 section, please dont tarnish me with that brush.

The reason why I am posting this is I have great respect for this forum in general & I've spent a long time hopefully building up a reputation as an honest bloke, I would hope this situation after explanation doesnt change the views by members of who I am & how I act accordingly, you're free to decide of course.

Thanks in advance for reading.

He always says that.....:p

So to get this right, you wanted the drivers side corsa wing mirror & housing?
Why I oughta...!!

beanoir - Water under a duck's bridge, or something like that. Every forum needs mods :thumbsup:

Smoothie - Keep your ****** nose out!! :moa:

I will leave this one run until it reaches resolution. I can personaly vouch for Nigel , he is sincere in his apology, so lets get back to posting pics of our OH's LOL

I have had a new baby, she hasnt been the best as such with constant stomach problems which at least 1 respected well known member will confirm
OK, thats me then. Yes I can indeed confirm little Issy has had a long run of stomach problems which I have been helping Nige with. The poor little mite has had a tough time which as a parent myself is always hard to see when your little one is struggling. I can also confirm that his in law grandma is indeed taking alot of looking after which is never easy.

I was only made aware of the thread by contact personally by good friends outside of the forum.

Again, I was also one of these as I said I would, I contacted Nige last night as soon as I saw the thread.

As this now seems to have been resolved and the 2 boys have cuddled and made up, maybe its time smaller remarks between the rest are dropped too.

This is a great forum that is only made good and a place worth being part of by its members and the mods (well maybe not Jase....{joking matey!!!})

Rules are rules but we all know they are there to be broken hee hee! (Joking again!!! before you shout at me)

Right you lot, back to happy posting and searching for new car mods!!! x :yum: