Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 166

Thread: RS3

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2

    RS3

    Hi guys, just wondering if we are going to see the RS3 in metal.
    There have been so much speculations about this most anticipated car for the past 6 months or so.
    It was supposed to be unveiled in Sept / Paris Motor Show & that didn't happen. Now they are talking about appearing in March / Geneva Motor Show.
    This car is supposed to go head on with the BM 1series M coupe. I have even read about a bloke who has placed a deposit with a dealer for this car in another forum.
    Any latest news on the RS is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers mate!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering if we are going to see the RS3 in metal.
    There have been so much speculations about this most anticipated car for the past 6 months or so.
    It was supposed to be unveiled in Sept / Paris Motor Show & that didn't happen. Now they are talking about appearing in March / Geneva Motor Show.
    This car is supposed to go head on with the BM 1series M coupe. I have even read about a bloke who has placed a deposit with a dealer for this car in another forum.
    Any latest news on the RS is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers mate!!
    Someone on this forum says apparently they're on the dealer database now. If you have a good relationship with a salesman at your local dealer might be worth asking him directly
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    Don't think our hopes will ever see the production line......as much as I would love to see one, I personally think that Audi have enough launch develops in the next 18 month scheduled and an RS3 priced at around 35-39k could seriously dampen other sales which offer Audi better margins!!

    A 2.5 turbo would be a dream though.......
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

    REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

    GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    132
    I remember all the hype over the S3 being a 3.2 engine and the RS3 being a 3.2 engine, then a 2.0, 2.5 etc

    I think it will follow suit of the TTRS just the like TTS followed the S3, Audi know we want (or need) smaller engines with bigger power and less emissions for this particular model.

    So a 2.5 turbo charged beast may be coming soon!
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

    A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

    Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

  6. #5
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    My personal opinion is we will not see an RS3 till after the new version of the A3, and that will be about a year after the new A3 launch, maybe they will not make a new version S3, and replace it with RS3 only, with a far bigger gap in performance and price, tbh the way it should be.

  7. #6
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York
    Posts
    1,653
    I think your more likley to see a varient of this quattro concept < Concept cars < Audi innovation < Audi UK than an RS3
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

  8. #7
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    I think your more likley to see a varient of this quattro concept < Concept cars < Audi innovation < Audi UK than an RS3
    hmm not to sure on that one, for a start the quattro is only a 2 seater, certainly hope not for me

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Spoke to the dealer & they said "they have never heard of it & will inform once more info is available."
    Usual reply I suppose from dealers who do not know.
    Cheers mate!!

  10. #9
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    Someone on this forum says apparently they're on the dealer database now. If you have a good relationship with a salesman at your local dealer might be worth asking him directly
    Someone on another forum has cancelled his advance order,and the 2011 product schedule doesn't contain the RS3 either.

    I wouldn't bother holding your breath until you actually see one.

  11. #10
    brough74's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    423
    Hi it was maybe my reply on another post you were on about. I spoke to my local dealer last week and he said it was listed on his system now, i have been asking for about 3 months now and have sent a few emails to the head of the A3 range in audi UK. My salesman reckoned it would be out in the next 12 months or so but could not give me any further info, i did put my name down for one lol. He also said it has not been listed on the system before and things like the S7 had in brackets not for production, but the RS3 did not so fingers crossed.
    I have heard of other people already paying a 1500 deposit but that maybe just rumours and i cant confirm it.

  12. #11
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,572
    There's no way on earth the RS3 will ever make production. We're now around a year away from the all new A3 and noone is going to pay 40k+ for a small hatchback which will be "the old model" literally months after they buy it.

    Yes, the RS models tend to come nearer to the end of a model's life but they still allow a good 2-3 years before the model is replaced to avoid the RS becoming outdated too quickly.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    80
    I don't know what everyone's problem with the RS3 "potentially" being around 40k. an S3 starts at 31k and specced up wouldn't be far off that figure, and plenty of people are happy to pay that. So for what 'could potentially' be a better car for not a lot more money, I think it would go down a storm, especially if it is 'potentially' made in limited numbers.

    I still don't think it will happen though
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI - Black - Anthracite BBS CK's

    1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 Race Car

  14. #13
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    An RS3 may not happen, but a new S3 will happen, with the new A3 Shape but Like the S1 that has been revealed they will distance it from the next model down, so if no RS3, I would expect the next S3 to have the 2.5L Turbo, where as the next model down in A3 will still be a 2.0L

  15. #14
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by TomR View Post
    I don't know what everyone's problem with the RS3 "potentially" being around 40k. an S3 starts at 31k and specced up wouldn't be far off that figure, and plenty of people are happy to pay that. So for what 'could potentially' be a better car for not a lot more money, I think it would go down a storm, especially if it is 'potentially' made in limited numbers.

    I still don't think it will happen though
    The thing is that the TT-RS with a decent spec rounds out at nearly 50k and you should expect the RS3 if it appears,to be about the same.

  16. #15
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The thing is that the TT-RS with a decent spec rounds out at nearly 50k and you should expect the RS3 if it appears,to be about the same.
    But the TT-RS competes with the Cayman and SLK55 and other 50k machinery.

    Nobody will buy a 50k Golf with a big engine and four rings on the bonnet based on a chassis that's nearly a decade old now.

    I'd expect 40k for a fully stocked car, and yes I think it will make production. There have been prototypes with finished bodykits hammering the 'Ring for weeks now
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  17. #16
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    I'd expect 40k for a fully stocked car, and yes I think it will make production. There have been prototypes with finished bodykits hammering the 'Ring for weeks now
    I think you're right, especially considering the TTRS is only 45k, it wouldn't make sense for the A3 based RS to be more expensive, especially looking at the price relationship between the S3 and TTS, i.e. the latter being more expensive.

    Having said that, once you stick a few options on any Audi it soon sticks the price up a fair whack. If you want Buckets, Bose, 19" wheels, Sports Exhaust you're looking at another 6k+ on a TTRS, which when added to an expected price of around 40-42k for the RS3 gets a bit too close to 50k for my liking....Cayman territory as you rightly point out.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    But the TT-RS competes with the Cayman and SLK55 and other 50k machinery.

    Nobody will buy a 50k Golf with a big engine and four rings on the bonnet based on a chassis that's nearly a decade old now.

    I'd expect 40k for a fully stocked car, and yes I think it will make production. There have been prototypes with finished bodykits hammering the 'Ring for weeks now
    It is hard to believe, and seeing as the RS3 will be going at the Focus RS (I know there will be a fair few differences but that is its direct competition) It'll cost at least 10k extra, but people will be queuing up for it if it does ever go on sale.

    And have those images/vids ever been proved that they're not just Custom kitted S3's? They exist so I think if we looked hard enough on german and other eu forums we might see them :/
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI - Black - Anthracite BBS CK's

    1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 Race Car

  19. #18
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I think you're right, especially considering the TTRS is only 45k, it wouldn't make sense for the A3 based RS to be more expensive, especially looking at the price relationship between the S3 and TTS, i.e. the latter being more expensive.

    Having said that, once you stick a few options on any Audi it soon sticks the price up a fair whack. If you want Buckets, Bose, 19" wheels, Sports Exhaust you're looking at another 6k+ on a TTRS, which when added to an expected price of around 40-42k for the RS3 gets a bit too close to 50k for my liking....Cayman territory as you rightly point out.
    Pretty poor show that Buckets on these cars are not standard, why would you expected to add options like buckets and sports exhaust onto their TOP RS sports model?

  20. #19
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by TomR View Post
    It is hard to believe, and seeing as the RS3 will be going at the Focus RS (I know there will be a fair few differences but that is its direct competition) It'll cost at least 10k extra, but people will be queuing up for it if it does ever go on sale.

    And have those images/vids ever been proved that they're not just Custom kitted S3's? They exist so I think if we looked hard enough on german and other eu forums we might see them :/
    i think anybody who's taken the time to make a custom RS kit for an S3 would have made sure the wheels match front to back

    also some of the cars are clearly running sensors on the wheels and things. apparently one car was even running a retractable spoiler. they're definitely prototypes





    you can also see progress in the design from the first cars running standard S3 kits, to butchered S3 kits, to RS kits
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    80
    Alright, the last picture has convinced me a little bit.
    If someone's taken the time to fit an airbreak spoiler its, yes either a prototype, or one hell of a project

    Is there not an international HPI check so we can just stick the reg in and see what its registered too?
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI - Black - Anthracite BBS CK's

    1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 Race Car

  22. #21
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    193

    My Social Networking

    Add xnox202 on Facebook
    RS3? Yes I can vouch that they'll come in soon.

    Audi RS3 2011 : Des morceaux de l’auto en photos

    MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

  23. #22
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Was gonna post that pic this morning along with a RS3 steering wheel pic I got....Hmmmm

  24. #23
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    193

    My Social Networking

    Add xnox202 on Facebook
    POSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
    MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

  25. #24
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

  26. #25
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    132
    I highly doubt that is the RS3 design or even near it, that is just a shell to try out the car. They do that a lot, like the Golf R was in a standard Golf form with TDI on the back, the design was nothing like the actual R; it was just to test the car!
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

    A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

    Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

  27. #26
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    anyone who thinks audi would put together an a3 sportback with clearly visible RS brakes, RS bumper styling, 19" wheels and then put it round nurburgring several times for no reason are just being silly! of course its coming! and yes everyone will want one... regardless of price! watch how many people withthe money go and buy one! regardless of cost... then theres me who will be dying for one but will have to wait untill they are 1/2 years old to afford one!

    end of the day i was in Audi on monday and they had a fully loaded TTRS in showroom for 54k if there was an RS3 next to it for 45k it wouldnt look out of place and id certainly be all over it like a rash... if a fully loaded S3 comes to the best part of 38k then whats wrong with and RS3 being around 45k... it WILL be an incredible car!

    and if it dont come out well, you can all burn me on a bonfire!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




  28. #27
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    We'll see what happens either way Ry, thats all I know. TIME WILL BLOODY TELL lad.

  29. #28
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    We'll see what happens either way Ry, thats all I know. TIME WILL BLOODY TELL lad.
    indeed it will Nath..
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




  30. #29
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I just read on a blog, that the RS3 will be debuted March 2011, if it does, does this mean the all new A3 is going to be out in 2012?

  31. #30
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    If this is true, I am sure they will start taking orders soon, or do you mean that the date for announce is March 2011, and actual see it in the showroom 6 months later?

  32. #31
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    No idea, well see what happens.

  33. #32
    ST09's Avatar
    ``!!$al ---

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I just read on a blog, that the RS3 will be debuted March 2011, if it does, does this mean the all new A3 is going to be out in 2012?
    Spoke to sales rep at wakefield audi last week .. He said new A3 is coming out near sept next year and advised me to wait instead of buying a demo car i was interested in .

    Sal
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

    On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

  34. #33
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by ST09 View Post
    Spoke to sales rep at wakefield audi last week .. He said new A3 is coming out near sept next year and advised me to wait instead of buying a demo car i was interested in .

    Sal
    Was it a new car salesman? He's only saying that because he didn't want his money going to another salesman
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  35. #34
    ST09's Avatar
    ``!!$al ---

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    Was it a new car salesman? He's only saying that because he didn't want his money going to another salesman
    Nah used car salesman ... bought my last A3 off him .. plus it was a simple cash deal no trading in or etc .
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

    On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

  36. #35
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    ... it WILL be an incredible car!
    What do you know that the rest of us aren't privvy too then Rye. It might end up driving like a pile of crap for all we know?
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  37. #36
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    What do you know that the rest of us aren't privvy too then Rye. It might end up driving like a pile of crap for all we know?
    hopefully then i wont want one... and everyone will be dissapointed..

    but lets be honest... A3 + 2.5L Turbo + Quattro + Recaro + RS + Brembo =
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




  38. #37
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    hopefully then i wont want one... and everyone will be dissapointed..

    but lets be honest... A3 + 2.5L Turbo + Quattro + Recaro + RS + Brembo =
    You're right, they certainly are likely to put together a fair old machine, if it comes.

    But the prospect just doesn't excite me at all I have to say (this is in no way offence to anybody), but I find the S3 a bloody boring car to drive I really do, it's good, but it ain't special. It's being passed on as soon as my misses passes her test, she can have it to do the shopping and i'll be free to get myself something else and I wont be drawn to the RS3 in the slightest if the TTRS and the S3 are anything to go by.

    For the money they are likely to ask for it, whether it's 40k or 50k, having the S3 has made me realise there is a hell of a lot more fun that can be had for the money.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  39. #38
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    What would you get next?

  40. #39
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by brough74 View Post
    ...I have heard of other people already paying a 1500 deposit but that maybe just rumours and i cant confirm it.
    I've had a 500 deposit down for an RS3 for nearly 5.5 years. When I put that down I was only third on the list for that particular dealer.

    I've heard nothing further - I'll give them a chase up...
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  41. #40
    mac1403's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    956
    Spoke to my dealer last weekend and he assured me the RS3 would be released in 18 months time on the present platform, but it would only be available as a sport back....not so sure!!
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO