AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Black Edition Wheels on S Line

Hi,

Just wondering, as some as you know I went to a dealership last week, and they wouldn't discount a A3. I made a thread about this, and many of you said this was incorrect and to look elsewhere - Which I will be doing tomorrow! Just a question, as some as you already know, the problem with this car is insurance, therefore my car is based round insurance!

I really liked the Black Edition but they don't do a 1.4T in this model, so I was wondering, is it possible to order the Black Edition wheels on the car? Also, how much do you think they will be and does anyone know the name of them so I can ask the dealer?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    you can't order them as an option. they're BE only.

if you want them from a dealer budget around 1600, but you'll have tyres from your old wheels and your old wheels to sell on.

i swear you already asked this question once last week?
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok.. I will ask tomorrow see what they say - I wouldn't pay 1,600 for them! Yes, I have asked this question before last week, but didn't receive a response I was looking for!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i always thought black edition to be a spec pack rather than a modelset, im sure if you pushed hard enough you could get teh wheels as an option, i know when i eventually order a new car (years away) i will be speccing buckets and sepang blue even if they aint in the brochure

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    but you have the option of paying (a lot) more and getting any colour you want

i don't think the same goes for wheels or seats. i'd be prepared to hear a "no", unless they had a BE sat on the forecourt and were willing to entertain a wheel swap.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    When I was ordering my new S3 I didn't want the BE pack, but I wanted the BE S3 wheels - dealer said I couldn't get them.

So, I got them to spray the "normal" S3 ones using the BE wheel paint code, looks really good.

Audi dealerships now do wheel refurbs, so if you are happy with the style of the wheels that will come as standard, you can get the dealer to change the colour. Cost is 50 per wheel ( but I got mine free as they screwed up my delivery date ).
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status
    When i ordered my 1.4T i was given a list of all the available wheels and the black editions wheels were also an option, the cost was for me 500 EUR, but i guess you will need to check with your dealer, but with mine it was possible.
    Audi A3 1.4T - Manual - Ambition - Ibis White - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS6 Alloys - Xenons - Black Styling Pack - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel - Piano Black Inlays.

Audi A3 1.4T - S.Tronic - Ambition - Brilliant Black - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS4 Alloys - Xenons - Alu Inserts - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by will-i-a-m View Post
    When i ordered my 1.4T i was given a list of all the available wheels and the black editions wheels were also an option, the cost was for me 500 EUR, but i guess you will need to check with your dealer, but with mine it was possible.
    yeah but you live in cyprus i.e. a different market. in germany you could put RS4s on a regular S3, but you could only have BE RS4s on the BE S3 here. different markets have different options, and usually if it's not in the brochure then the dealer won't let you do it.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Hi,

the problem with this car is insurance, therefore my car is based round insurance!

Thanks
    If your problem is 'Insurance' do not start putting non standard wheels on! If you declare them the Insurance Co's will charge extra if you do not tell them and have an accident you may not be insured!

BIG LETTERS - BEWARE

Strider

Status
    I have a set for barely used BE RS4 wheels for sale

PM me if you are interested!

Set of Genuine Titanium look RS4 style 18" wheels for sale-excellent condition. PM me!!

Bluefinned-all possible options apart from folding mirrors. Handling mods to come!!
    A3 2.0tdi 170 Quattro S-line. Bluefinned-GONE!!