300 miles on new Sachs Uprated clutch- too soon to fit an Autotech fuel pump?

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Hi as per the thread question.
Been on holiday and don't use my car to go to work, so until yesterday only had 60 miles on the new clutch!
Now its got over 300 after a drive down to Sheffield. Was sensible most of the time, it handled full throttle 4-6th gear acceleration fine on the motorway when I felt like testing it out, but on the snake pass the clutch slipped slightly a couple times when going up steep hills in 3rd and 4th gear , when I wasn't being careful enough.

As you can see I want to get the uprated Autotech HPFP & pump map fitted, as i'm in Sheffield I want to get this fitted now at Stattler ( if he can fit me in ). Im just wondering, although my not-yet-bedded in clutch has been fine mostly, it still judders a tiny bit in traffic and in reverse, so would be ok to get the Autotech fitted now or wait another month? (when I'd have to get it done at Star for more) ?

I never have had any slipping in mine from the minute it was fitted and im running around 460nm torque! Did you get the flywheel changed? Flywheel is probably the cause for the slight vibrations.

Mine's also been fine.

Gave it about 100 miles and no drag style starts and since then no problems.

Will have to see how it copes with Stg3 though.

Ok tried it again today after some town driving seemed ok although still hesitant to do a hard launch.
Yes I did replace the DMF at the same time too. The slight judder is gradually going away, some others on VAGOC who got this clutch also had this issue at first.
It does smell a bit thought when manouvering in car parks! I was advised to take it easy for 500 miles , you guys dont sound like you did any of that!
Re Autotech pump steve sold last on on Friday so looks like will be getting it done at Star.

Last edited:
Ok tried it again today after some town driving seemed ok although still hesitant to do a hard launch.
Yes I did replace the DMF at the same time too. The slight judder is gradually going away, some others on VAGOC who got this clutch also had this issue at first.
It does smell a bit thought when manouvering in car parks! I was advised to take it easy for 500 miles , you guys dont sound like you did any of that!
Re Autotech pump steve sold last on on Friday so looks like will be getting it done at Star.

I was advised to bed it in gently for about 100 miles,which I did.

Like most clutches of this type,you do get some nasty smells if you slip it or allow it to get too hot,but if you're sensible,this won't happen.

I ran it in gently for about 300 miles, then was very hesitant to do a hard launch and it also stinks when in slow traffic or round town, glad its not just mine!

Ok my clutch as plenty of miles on it now. over 500, did some hard driving in the peak district, its ok at mid-high revs full throttle but sometimes STILL slips a low revs/high gear even when im not pushing THAT hard, slightly more so when cold, what gives??!!

Just spoke to ED @ APS who did the groub buy on VAGOC, he like the others above said this is very unsual esp as the S3s are running much more power and not have reported any slip.
Anyone else experience a longer bedding in for their Sachs clutch?

Last edited:
Had the gearbox stripped down, inspected- score marks on the new DMF and clutch disc from the slippage, already.
No other faults discovered, and new master cylinder was fitted. Transmission re-assembled for the SECOND time. Drive the car...
clutch slip in 3rd gear 30 mph HALF throttle. FML.

I think I have been supplied the wrong clutch assembly of incorrect diameter for my DMF. It slips in normal driving and is ruining my new DMF.
have to wait till next week to see what Sachs Uk dealer is going to do, and whether they will pay for the cat to be stripped down for the THIRD time.
As it stands car is no good unless driving to the shops, which must be done with great care ! :-(