Window Tinting

joniboi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a black audi a3 and i am planning on getting my windows tinted. i am undecided as to what strength of tint and i am wondering what other people have and what are peoples recommendations.
Does anyone know the strength of the factory tints?

Thanks

Jonny

Depends what kind of look you are after? Your best off going to see the guy that will be tiniting your car to see what films are available.

My car is 35% all round

Hi

As Blueie said depends what your after and speaking to the guy who will tint your windows.
May be worth seeing if some one can Photoshop some tints on your car. Get a photo up in sure some
one will edit it for you. My tints all around are either one or two away from limo not sure on the percentage wise. Depending on the light my front tints and look light or quite dark.
Here two photos

ashiscar2.jpg

DSC03094.jpg

Hi

As Blueie said depends what your after and speaking to the guy who will tint your windows.
May be worth seeing if some one can Photoshop some tints on your car. Get a photo up in sure some
one will edit it for you. My tints all around are either one or two away from limo not sure on the percentage wise. Depending on the light my front tints and look light or quite dark.QUOTE]

They look to me to be 30%, they look darker due to the colour of the car. I got a pretty good idea as iv seen hundreds of them lol best mate has a window tinting / car wrap company!

Factory tints are 20% sunlight, I am getting my front windows done 50% on monday so will get some photos. The legal limit is 70% sunlight through the fronts.
My car with standard factory tints
100_1157.jpg

Last edited:
They look to me to be 30%, they look darker due to the colour of the car. I got a pretty good idea as iv seen hundreds of them lol best mate has a window tinting / car wrap company!

Cheers for that mate :) lol does your mate want to sort me a deal out on wrapping my car haha.

Factory tints are 20% sunlight, I am getting my front windows done 50% on monday so will get some photos. The legal limit is 70% sunlight through the fronts.

Pretty sure any tint on the front two windows are illegal now.

Cheers for that mate :) lol does your mate want to sort me a deal out on wrapping my car haha.

Pretty sure any tint on the front two windows are illegal now.

If your nice to the copper you might get away with 50% i have in the past! Its the coloured tints they dont like.

Just started the wrapping and fair play he is sh*t hot. Been in the Tinting business for over 10 years so that helps. I hope to organise a group buy day event at his place soon, wrap bonnets, roofs tints and remaps