TDI S3 Hybrid Facelift 2010 (PIC HEAVY)

Dean's A3

TDI S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents, this is my interpretation of the facelift 2010 on my 06 TDI Sport Sportback.

I know this will not be to everyones taste but I absolutely love it!

It was a major carfuffle trying to upload these many pics on here but finally managed it.

Enjoy!

Here are some early pics just after an oil change when it was a plain standard Sport.

AudiSB2.jpg

AudiSB1.jpg

Note no rooftop sharkfin aerial at this point..

AudiSB.jpg

AudiSB4.jpg

A year and a bit later votex (Front spoiler, side skirts and roof top spoiler) kit installed.

AudiA.jpg

AudiB.jpg

audiF.jpg

AudiC.jpg

AudiD.jpg

Can you spy the rear view camera above?

AudiE.jpg

And then finally end of August, my 2010 TDI S3 facelift bodykit is done!

Audi3.jpg

Audi4.jpg

Audi5.jpg

S3 (Same as S Line?) Roof spoiler now in black to complete the all black Open Sky roof and alloys to match.

Audi6.jpg

S3 rear diffuser painted black to match.

Audi07.jpg

Audi7.jpg

2010 elec folding auto dimming wing mirrors with LED indicators in black, thought chrome was a bit much as wanted to stay understated. (Auto Dimming on hold until I change windscreen and to light and rain sensor and auto dimming rear view mirror)

Audi8.jpg

Audi9.jpg

Audi10.jpg

Audi12.jpg

Downward pointing exhaust pipes not changed as yet as looking at the feasibility of retrofitting DPF.

Audi14.jpg

Audi15.jpg

Audi17.jpg

Audi18.jpg

S3 hub carriers, shields, disks and calipers. (rears not done yet) Greater stopping power though with just the fronts.

Audi20.jpg

Audi21.jpg

Audi22.jpg

Audi23.jpg

Audi25.jpg

TT vents, fbmfsw and 2010 RNS-E from single din concert.

Audi26.jpg

S3 front in all its glory, with optic radiator grill (with S line badge) and lower bumper blade in black to match roof, mirrors etc.

More pics yet to come....

Facelift was done at Swansway Garage in Crewe, I collected all the parts I needed from eBay and some from the dealers, had them sitting in the garage for almost a year while trying to research the facelifting. In the end it was taking too long with no credible results and as this garage had done some work on the car and were saying how well the know the Audi, I basically took the car and the parts to them and told them to get on with it as I din't want the parts in the garage through another winter. It took them 8 days (23 hours) to do and was visiting every other day to see how they were getting on and offering my 2 cents worth of advise. Darren the manager has a great eye for detail and can spot minute colour differences and defects/misaligned panels so loved his attention to detail.

I have negotiated a discount with the garage if you quote ASN (Ask to speak to Darren) for any work you would want doing there, painting, fitting, accident repair etc (VAG approved repairer) but it's up to you to get a better discount if you can.

Big thanks go to Shrewsbury Audi Parts department, without them and some great discounts, this facelift would not have been possible. I did try Wolverhapton Audi (2 miles from me) but confirming part numbers etc is like asking the Russians to hand over state secrets!

Also a big thanks goes to Gareth at Hazzydayz (and his mates rates) as he has wired everthing in this car (All OEM) RNS-E, AMI, bluetooth, TV tuner, 2010 front and rear lights (taught him how to do rears in 08!), rear view camera, LED folding mirrors, heated seats, cruise control etc.

To be continued later...

Last edited:
some nice work there mate... but i gotta say... post some words up... or cat got your tongue or you forgot how to spell??

looks v good mate! i almost wish i didnt have a phantom car.. i really want black wing mirrors!! but they look avgg on a black car!! (when its an S3) if ya get me!

like the blck splitter part on the ftont bumper looks good! i also have a thing for silver S3's atm!!

wow, 30 photos, i've forgotten what my car looks like now, better go outside and refresh my memory :)

Nice mate!!

How much were the rims? and where did you get them front. Thinking of getting some for my BE.

Nice conversion, love the black wing mirrors! Not a fan of the new wing mirrors so not sure whether to put black gloss mirrors on my Ibis when it turns up?

Looks well good, any idea on how much you spent on doing that?

Nice mate!!

How much were the rims? and where did you get them front. Thinking of getting some for my BE.

I got them off the Bay for £600, they are the standard facelift S3 alloys painted dark Anthracite.

Nice conversion, love the black wing mirrors! Not a fan of the new wing mirrors so not sure whether to put black gloss mirrors on my Ibis when it turns up?

Not a fan of the MY11 mirrors especially folding up bit like BMW's so put the dumbos instead.

Looks well good, any idea on how much you spent on doing that?

I think about 2k+ but I'm not going to do a full calc as I'm sure I'll be shocked! But at the end of the day I can look at the rewards daily as I get in it for work and play! :wub:

Would also love to know this, did you need a new bonnet and wings?

Def new facelift:-
Bonnet & hinges
Wings
Bumper & Grill
Lock Carrier
LED Mirrors
LED/halogen Headlights
Side Skirts and Wing Lower Caps

Mate did you need new door switches, I'm assuming you replaced the door modules, yeah mine is very near done check it out over on vagoc I go by Phil there

Mate did you need new door switches, I'm assuming you replaced the door modules, yeah mine is very near done check it out over on vagoc I go by Phil there

Yes I did need new door switches, but luckily when I bought the leather interior off the bay to replace my matrix cloth ones, the heated front seats (I din't even know they were heated nor advertised heated so another excuse to add this mod) came with leather door cards and another plus had the folding mirror switch! Guess what, I had to do this mod too! Yes I did have to change the door modules I used G's as could not use M's.

spctacular wish ihad a quatro

That was my first ever 'mod', it's a DSG :undwech:

sweet ill get them all ordered i suspected this was the case

oh the car is in a more complete state than this but you can see i did the folding mirrors too ;)
IMAG0060.jpg
IMAG0061.jpg
IMAG0049.jpg

giev it a week and ill have pretty photos for you all

By the way, I think I read somewhere that you were able to code the LED's without wiring? What power module have you got and have you got any DIS errors?

yeah managed it no problem but have have the highest end central electrics module you can get ;) then took the adaptive i was specced with off with a recode to the instrument cluster

good work mate, looks great.....Phil yours is coming along nicely chum

sweet ill get them all ordered i suspected this was the case

oh the car is in a more complete state than this but you can see i did the folding mirrors too ;)
giev it a week and ill have pretty photos for you all

Looks good Phil, but you cant wait in till she all done.
You putting the facelift rears in and you keeping the original S3 alloys?

i have a set of facelift alloys in a very unique finish, pres will be winter runners after a furb, the tails will be comming off the a3 but wont be going into the s till ivedone some unique mods to them and thier functionality

Very nice mate! Not to long ago I posted a thread about a conversion I seen on autotrader, didn't realize anybody on here had done the full job... hats off mate :)

I don't mind dumbo's compared to the MY2011 ones, I hate the folding up ones with a passion!

Dean it looks lovely. Top job done there and one of the best SBs on here. That roof is gorgeous!

Dean

Lovely car well done mate, you guys dont hang about!!

I don't mind dumbo's compared to the MY2011 ones, I hate the folding up ones with a passion!

on darker colours (and non folding mirrors granted) i think the MY11 ones look a lot better