My paint is like concrete !....

Kriminal

Reaction score
Maaaan, this car's a beast, referring to the toughness off the paint.

Once again I used the Lambswool bonnet with the Makita, and gave it a blast of Menzerna Power Gloss. Once this was done, I then went over with the 3m Polisihing Pad, plus Menzerna Intensive Polish. This was then finished off with a simple Chemical Guys Cherry Wax.

After spending another 3.5 hours working on the bonnet and roof, I still haven't reached perfection, as there are still some damn lines and swirls left, but I think things are heading in the right direction anyway (I think <gulp> )....

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00007-2.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

DSC00013-1.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

Oh, the joys of having German paint huh ? :icon_thumright:

good old german paint, wouldn't have anything else about me

Yeah, know what you mean. This is the 3rd German car I've owned now, and just have to remember my Lexus days to remind me that I've done the right thing....even if it's gonna take aaaaages to get it where I want...lol

couldn't help but notice, it looks as if the bonnet falls below the wing a slight bit, what i mean is if you look at it the bonnet isnt level, there are black circular rubber stoppers on the underside of the bonnet if you adjust them it will raise and lower the bonnet, you should try raising it a tiny bit to level it off, that's IF it isn't it just looks like it's not from the pics

car looks great though good job :D

couldn't help but notice, it looks as if the bonnet falls below the wing a slight bit, what i mean is if you look at it the bonnet isnt level, there are black circular rubber stoppers on the underside of the bonnet if you adjust them it will raise and lower the bonnet, you should try raising it a tiny bit to level it off, that's IF it isn't it just looks like it's not from the pics

N.Ireland mate? Any pics of your car? might know it

Hmmm....interesting. I did kinda notice before that the front corners off the bonnet seem out of alignment a little with the front wings. I'll have a look Tomorrow for those rubber stoppers, and see what happens.

Cheers mate :thumbsup: