2010 S3 Luggage net

alfie147

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased a S3 and would like to get a luggage net for it, the one I kept from my MK2 TT doesn't fit the S3, it appears that it needs different fixings.

My local Audi dealership cannot seem to provide one, they have had 2 different nets in so far and neither have fitted properly, they have both had hooks on, as did the net out of my TT and these just slip off the fixing points in the boot.

Does anyone know where I can get a net that fits properly from? Or does anyone have one they wish to sell?

Thanks Ralph

Had the same problem myself when Audi failed to install the luggage pack on my build :(

Finally found one on EBAY. You just need to find a seller with the twist type fixings as opposed to the hooks.

I did try looking for a part number on the one I've got but, cant seem to see one:blink:

Think I also recall someone saying that you can just buy the fixings as opposed to the whole net.

In case it helps anyone in the future. The net with the twist and lock fixings is part no. 8P0 861 869 01 C and the cost from Audi is £107.00.

If you have a net with hook fixings you can just buy the twist fixings and replace these. The part no. for the fixings is 8P0 861 849 01 C and for 4 of these the total cost is £9.73.

No brainer which option to go for!!!

In case it helps anyone in the future. The net with the twist and lock fixings is part no. 8P0 861 869 01 C and the cost from Audi is £107.00.

If you have a net with hook fixings you can just buy the twist fixings and replace these. The part no. for the fixings is 8P0 861 849 01 C and for 4 of these the total cost is £9.73.

No brainer which option to go for!!!

glad you got sorted out mate

Can you post pics of the offending items twist & hooks for future reference for others thanks.

Can you post pics of the offending items twist & hooks for future reference for others thanks.

Just wanted to bump this thread as i would appreciate a picture of the twist hooks as well.

Thanks.

Well i just ordered some of these so now I really want a picture!!

Here are pics of mine from my net (which is available for sale for anyone interested - see classifieds).

net2.jpg

James - there were four metal fixings with holes in the boot and it was just a question of pushing the plug into the holes and then twisting for the plug to lock.

Peter, yes the net is still available - make me an offer. Net is here in the classifieds.

Net sold.

Yes, they are a bit fiddly to attach, but once it's attached it's solid and will hold pretty much anything in place to stop it sliding around the boot.

James - there were four metal fixings with holes in the boot and it was just a question of pushing the plug into the holes and then twisting for the plug to lock.

Jon can you show me a pic of the holes/metal fixings please as interested to see whats changed with these as not what I have in my cars.

Here you go

Metal fixing (doesn't move or pull down just fixed) with net ready to be hooked in

DSC03290.jpg

Hooked in just twists in!

DSC03291.jpg

Ah its the same as mine, didnt think those ends on the net were that big, ok thanks for the pics.

I tried to get one, not sure they make one for the latest S3/A3 now, I also managed to get a 2nd hand one, though it fits like the images above, I dont think it is 100% right, but does the job

Pluves - i have these black metal hole fixings at the front left and right but not these at the back.

What do clips attach to at the back of the boot (nearest the bumper) ??

Check again chap as they are sat flat against the back of the boot wall as such, maybe hidden from view assuming you have the 8P as name says S4.

Thanks Pluves for the pics. I would have helped out, but dont have the A3 anymore.

Check again chap as they are sat flat against the back of the boot wall as such, maybe hidden from view assuming you have the 8P as name says S4.

I have the S3 - just not worked out how to change my signature!!

Anyway - you're not wrong on the location of the luggage next fixings!! :blush:

However, it does mean that I have the wrong size luggage net as mine has the clips in the four corners, but i'm guessing the one for the a3/s3 must the hooks in the corners for the corners nearest the seats and then somewhere closer to the middle for the ones closest to the bumpers??

Can someone show me a picture of an a3/s3 one pls??