what is standard on a 2009 a3 se

kirsty76

Reaction score
hi does anyone know what comes as standard on a 2009 59 plate se not the special edition.

Not alot compared to the 08 SE

No cruise, rain sensor, light sensor, interior light pack, storage pack, centre armrest (not sure) but you get DIS and multi function steering wheel

You get centre arm rest but no Climate which on an Audi is rediculous in todays world! You also get front fog lights...

The blurb says "heated rear window"...they must be desperate !

Incidently...what makes it a Special edition ?

The blurb says "heated rear window"...they must be desperate !

Incidently...what makes it a Special edition ?

It's not a Special Edition. It's an "SE" which I think stands for "Special Equipment".
Like "GL" on the old Fords and "HL" on the Leyland cars...

Audi have done an SE 8P since launch which included armrest 16in alloys bit of wood etc. The Special Edition is NOT an SE as posted above. The Special Edition was a slight upgrade to the base model and not that great IMHO BUT a good entry to the Audi fold.

Your telling me that an arm rest and 16" alloys are quote "special Equip" on a quality make like an audi...Jeeeeeez :lmfao: Can you buy a SE at special dealerships called" We saw you coming" :yes:

Last edited:
on the old se's they came with everything climate control auto light/wipers interior lighting pack cruise. but the new 1s dont look like they come with anything they dont even have climate control.

Audi have always offered an SE version of the A3. Prior to the 2009 model year this included quiet a number of 'goodies' like climate control, cruise, interior lighting and storage packs, auto-lights etc. This was always priced the same as the Sport, but with different goodies.

For the 2009 model year Audi decided that they needed something between the Standard and the SE/Sport in the pricing so they took out some of the goodies on the SE and reduced the price by around £600. When I bought my 2009 SE I added back most of the options that had been taken away and the price worked out about the same. In some ways it's quite good because you only pay for what you actually want.

The current SE spec includes: 16" alloys with 205/55 tyres, front fog lights, DIS, front centre arm rest and multi-function steering wheel and it costs £650 more than the Standard spec.

If anyone wants to know what was standard on any A3 model let me know because I hace copies of the Pricing and Specification Guides going back August 2003.

Last edited: