Factory fit audio question.

burtracoon

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me if you specify the ipod dock on a new A3 (more than likely as part of the sound package) does this delete the Aux input or do you have both input opions available to you?

I understand the ipod dock isn't the most user friendly through the head unit, however comes as standard with the sound package which represents better value than the Bose and Symphony radio seperately.
It will be a company vehicle so standard fit only I'm afraid.

Thanks

James

afaik the ami interface has both? someone else should be around to confirm this

Can somebody please tell me if you specify the ipod dock on a new A3 (more than likely as part of the sound package) does this delete the Aux input or do you have both input opions available to you?

I understand the ipod dock isn't the most user friendly through the head unit, however comes as standard with the sound package which represents better value than the Bose and Symphony radio seperately.
It will be a company vehicle so standard fit only I'm afraid.

Thanks

James

You should have both, I specified the iPod dock (which is pretty rubbish) which is installed in the glovebox, you should still have the Aux input in the centre console next to the handbrake. This is how mine was delivered early this year.

Many thanks for the replies I was hoping that would be the case as am happy currently useing an aux input in current vehicle especially if the ipod dock is so lousy.