AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Tuning box vs. remap for 1.9TDI

Hi there!

What are your thoughts on tuning boxes in contrast to remaps?
    I am currently looking at Diesel Performance Tuning :: ORIGINAL TUNINGBOX®:: chiptuning for Diesel tuning box powerbox and diesel tuning kit :: chiptuning, Plug-in Diesel, add-unit tuning set for increased power torque and performance Diesel parts for engine power, box, Tunin , for tuning my A3, 1.9 TDI sport. Anybody knows them?
    I read on other forums, tuning boxes are becoming more and more sophisticated and aren't that bad as they once were. Remaps are still considered better, but I would like to have an option to "unchip" my car when I sell it (maybe the buyer wouldn't like it).

Thanks for your opinions,
    Nejc from Slovenia

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I had one of these fitted to my company A3 1.9 TDI as it was easy to remove. I worked at a main Audi dealer so it was important that i could remove it quickly. I never had any problems at all and would definetaly rate them!

Diesel Tuning box for Audi A3 1.9 Tdi 105 Ps

That is the one i had fitted and i actually still have upstairs if your still looking for one, im sure we could sort something out.

Chris
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

2nd Gear

Status
    Personally wouldnt touch one as they mainly just ramp up the cars fuelling,get a proper map is the best way

1st Gear

Status
    DTUK® PD2® Pump Deuse System | chip tuning boxes from Diesel Tuning UK

Thats a better link to explain exactly what it does
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

6th Gear

Status
    i'm not sure i'd trust a page from a company that couldn't even be bothered to go onto wikipedia and copy and paste "Pumpe-Düse"

not a great start for a company that's selling tuning software that they can't even spell the name of the engine type properly.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    "Pumpe-Düse"is what PD stands for, it the german name hence why they have used it and not translated it

6th Gear

Status
    my point is that they've spelt it wrong. if they can't even spell the name of the engine technology correctly i wouldn't let them anywhere near my car.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Boycie

Status
    Remap always - a tuning box just over fuels the car.

1st Gear

Status
    also for that price its not worth it

6th Gear

Status
    id also say always go for a map, and if your worried about being able to remove it when u sell the car, a number of tuners do boxs so that you can switch between the original map and the tuned map, places like evolve, shark and revo all do them
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guys for all of your inputs. I wouldn't want to mess up my car in the long run, so now I am thinking of a remap...

Neutral

Status
    personall choice me thinks, yeah power boxes do over fuel all the way through the rev range and chipped still overfuel but at specific places in the rev range. but most boxes are adjustable and if you dont go daft your ok, diesel engines are not fueled to the max at standard settings and before diesels went all electronic, the first thing anybody done was to turn the fueling up at the pump. more performace= more fuel and air (cold air), so filter, silicon hoses, larger intercooler, adj waste gate if poss. remove a box from the exhaust to reduce back pressure to allow turbo to spin up quicker, works on landrovers lol.