Badger5Volks Autos
    Sportback owner

Status

Flashing diode and key buttons

My 2006 A3SB has no alarm fitted. Yet, the little red diode on top of the front panel, near to the window flashes when the car is locked by the key. This little light is only mentioned in the manual, when talking about the alarm. Has any other member noticed this....is it normal?
    Also, in the manual it states that one push of the unlock button on the key opens only the driver's door and fuel flap. A second push opens all of the doors. However, in my case, one push of the button unlocks all of the doors. One push locks all doors. Is the dual-push facility turned on by VCDS?
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    1) If you have a flashing led on the dash in the little plastic module then the car has the alarm fitted to test it sit in the Car and lock the doors with the remote " do not move for a couple of minutes then move about and the alarm should activate it is only a bleeper

2) This has been programed to one button operation and can only be changed back by Vagcom
    The single lock is some thing I need mine changing to as i think it better

Sportback owner

Status
    Thanks Brian566. I tried the locking and moving about, but nothing happened. The build codes on the car do not indicate that an alarm is present, and there are no buttons on the edge of the driver's door. I guess Audi thought that leaving the diode flashing would deter thieves from trying to break in, pretending that the car was alarmed. Of course I have never experienced the two-button locking, so don't know if I would prefer it or not.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Trust me the selective locking is a real pita, I have auto lock when driving but selective will annoy the hell out of you imho, the led is strange as on any 8P's I've seen the alarm led is always in the dash seen through the windscreen, either its a french specific factory fit or someone has fitted 1 to make it look like its alarmed.

Which spec is your A3, SE, Sport or Sline?

Actually after thought if your spec listed in your sig from factory is correct then it must be an Sline unless you bought an SE & added all the options to it.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a MY09 A3 1.8T & I also have the red diode flashing but don't have an alarm on my car.

I'm in australia.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats interesting, when I get etka running later I'll check what it shows & I will check wiring.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    i agree with NHN about the selective locking thing.

Audi swapped mine to all doors open with one push for me when i had it booked in for something else. didn't cost anything so see how you go and change it if you don't like it.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

2nd Gear

Status
    Why did Audi have to do it? I have the 2008 Sportback and can change it from Drivers door to All doors through the DIS and the MFSW controls...

Sportback owner

Status
    NHN, sorry but I do not know in detail how to describe it (A3,SE, Sport,Sline) as the French system seems to be different (as always). I believe it could be the 'Ambient Luxe' model. It was originally a company lease car, and I bought it at one year old. What it does not have is folding mirrors nor an alarm system.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by welshwoody View Post
    Why did Audi have to do it? I have the 2008 Sportback and can change it from Drivers door to All doors through the DIS and the MFSW controls...
    i have a 2006. i have an older version of DIS

i know Mercs let you do it with the key but i cba to look into it so i just got Audi to do it. didn't cost me anyting and the car was going in anyway
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ah ok sorry I didnt realise that...