Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Remap at Evolve in Luton

hey guys

just thought id do a quick write up of my experience of Evolve Automotive up in Luton on Thursday

i had my car booked in for a remap, cat-back milltek and a switch box, had this place recommended to me by a friend and said you would be well treated.

when i got there found out that milltek had cocked up my exhaust order and missed out the reducer section which i wasnt best pleased about, but that has now been sorted by both milltek, evolve and im chuffed with it like you wouldnt believe!!

now down to the more important part, first off Imran got my car up on the dyno to see what its producing, he reckoned it should be producing about 270-275 bhp, but on the first run it came up with 284 which i was massively shocked at!

in the mean time between chatting to Imran and Riz and looking at the 650bhp supercharged M3 they had sat outside, they downloaded my original map onto the switch unit, tuned the map and showed me the ins and outs of how to load the various programs as well as clear fault codes etc... byt this point i was on my third cup of coffee!

once the map was loaded, was time to fire the dyno up again, imran said it would take a few runs to get a consistent bhp reading as it would take a while for the car to learn and adapt to the map
    on the third run i could see the grin on imrans face as he stopped the car and said, its looking good, the dyno was showing 319bhp, he said it will get a bit higher and the curve will continue to smooth over the next 30-40miles but he didnt want to keep doing runs on the car as its a bit abusive to the drivetrain.

so while Riz was getting all the bits and pieces sorted for me Imran and i went out for a bit of a blast on the national limit roads around luton and my god what a difference, the power delivery is so smooth and instant, it feels like the turbo-lag has pretty much gone and the way the revs climb is staggering!! the torque even at low rev's is amazing and it pulls effortlessly, even driving round at 30 in 6th is mega smooth, its totally transformed the car in every way, the best buck ive spent on the car and ive had a massive grin on my face since ive had it done!!

anyway here is a vid of my car on the dyno and my dyno print out

a massive thanks to the guys at evolve, awesome service and set up! ill be back for more

Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

2. # ADS
    ADS

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    319hp

Should be slightly more improvement when you get your milltek fitted.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

6th Gear

Status
    he was saying that it should get about another 5-7 from the cat back and when i go full TBE in the new year should be round the 340 mark, but he said when i get the full system to head back up there and will get it dyno'd again
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    Bet your chuffed with the results and even more with the new exhaust on it's way. Great write up to!
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

6th Gear

Status
    i really am, didnt think a map could improve a car overall so much!! and yea cant wait for the exhaust, its at my local garage being fitted atm so when its on ill be going for a drive
    cheers, thought they deserved the credit

1st Gear

Status
    well mines going to evolve this saturday...cant wait!!!! tell me more about how good it feels pls jungleman. Stage 1, no other mods but going to fit a forge twintake afterwrds....!! just ran outa warranty so time to play around n change things about i thinks...!
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

6th Gear

Status
    haha i didnt wait for mine to run out... i dont like waiting
    not to spoil it too much... but hold on when you put your foot down it will take 100 or so miles for the ECU to fully adapt to the map, the real difference is in the mid range torque and it is staggering, its really hard to explain how different it feels, but its like night and day

4th Gear

Status
    where the hell is evolve? never heard of them and im from luton
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

6th Gear

Status
    think they are in the luton enterprise park from memory

4th Gear

Status
    im guessing thats near oz tec then in the industrial estate in sundon park
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

6th Gear

Status
    just had a check, yep thats the place

4th Gear

Status
    nice never knew such place existed in luton tbh. Doubt they would be able to do anything to my car as its been around the world too many times with its 132k miles
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

6th Gear

Status
    haha he can do amazing things, whatever car i have ill be going there for mapping as been in a few of his mapped cars and they are amazing

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one Jungleman, i really am counting the days down till saturday.. Did i read on another thread that ur thinking about selling ur car?? whys that?

ta
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -