Will these bulbs work on the A3?

Sorry - can't say whether the repeater bulbs will work but I can say that the equivalent white sidelight led's definitely do NOT work.

I have tried numerous so-called 'no canbus error' leds for sidelights and not one of them will work on my 2006 MY sportback.

Don't know if the indicator repeater bulbs are monitored on the system but I should imagine they are.

Will try some in mine when I return from hols next week.

keep us updated with the indicator led's! Thanks! :)

That's interesting ! You say they work on your car ok but I've tried the same (or same looking) in mine and they switch off after just seconds !

I wonder if the computer on my car is different or maybe they all have slightly different tolerances ?

Maybe I'll give them a try - that'll probably be about the 6th different set I have tried !!

Will keep you informed.

Edit afterthought - the side repeaters probably will work because, as they will be used in an 'on/off' situation the computer may not react ???!!! :yes:

Last edited:
I bought the sidelights linked to in this thread in my 2005 A3.

One turns off shortly after turning the lights on, the other bulb works fine. This is with the engine off.

If I turn the engine on first the lights work perfectly.

OK - update on repeaters.

None of the led's I've got (5 different sets) work as repeaters. They flash two or three times then switch off. Interestingly the indicators front and back keep working as normal.

I have ordered the led's in this thread to see if they work as sidelights but I don't hold out much hope !!

Will report back eventually.