Lamin-x Headlight Film

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hey all ,

is the lamin - x easy enough to fit ?

not too bad.

Get a bottle of de-ionised water, one of those gardening sprayer to spray it onto clean lights, and a loyalty card. Other than that you just need a craft knife to trim the edges off.

As lamin-x repairs itself, if you do get any little imperfections (bubbles), just pierce them with a pin, rub them down and the next days they will be gone.

Wash your lights well ahead of doing the job, and after washing them, rinse them with clean water very well to get as much of the residue of any chemical contaminants off of them as you can.

It's not easy if you've never done it before, it requires patience, a keen eye, and a dust free environment (as much as is possible).

I had a couple of imperfections in the first one I did, but next day I pierced them with a needle, washed and then dried it and within a day it was invisible. They look pretty much perfect now.

P1010680.JPG

If I can do it, anyone can!

Last edited:
Many thanks ,

ill have a go so it should be fairly easy are yours smoke ?

not too bad.

Get a bottle of de-ionised water, one of those gardening sprayer to spray it onto clean lights, and a loyalty card. Other than that you just need a craft knife to trim the edges off.

As lamin-x repairs itself, if you do get any little imperfections (bubbles), just pierce them with a pin, rub them down and the next days they will be gone.

Wash your lights well ahead of doing the job, and after washing them, rinse them with clean water very well to get as much of the residue of any chemical contaminants off of them as you can.

It's not easy if you've never done it before, it requires patience, a keen eye, and a dust free environment (as much as is possible).

I had a couple of imperfections in the first one I did, but next day I pierced them with a needle, washed and then dried it and within a day it was invisible. They look pretty much perfect now.

P1010680.JPG

If I can do it, anyone can!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found lamix to be fairly easy and if you follow what warrencox said you will be find

i went for the dark gun-smoke and to be honest its too dark! At night i can really tell a difference in brightness. Some nights i am very tempted to rip them off but i do like them.

DSC00889.jpg

So your saying its no good ?

i have ordered the same ...

yeah its alright still but i am thinking about getting some higher powered bulbs to counter it, maybe.

and yes it will pass mot, mine has and i have had no trouble with the police either

I found lamix to be fairly easy and if you follow what warrencox said you will be find

i went for the dark gun-smoke and to be honest its too dark! At night i can really tell a difference in brightness. Some nights i am very tempted to rip them off but i do like them.

DSC00889.jpg

Lex car looks good :)

Will it pass with a MOT ?

As lex said will pass mot. I've got gun smoked aswell.

yes i have ordered gun smoke so will look like yours ....

cant wait to fit !

I think this would finish off my front end but wouldn't like any disturbance to the beam or anything! Am I wrong in thinking this boys?

I think this would finish off my front end but wouldn't like any disturbance to the beam or anything! Am I wrong in thinking this boys?

don't do it. your car's spot on as it is

If you do only go for "tint" it won't disturb the bulb pattern noticeably on the light board so you will never notice it

Gun smoke is too dark, tint is perfect

It's easy-ish to fit, just make sure you get all the large bubbles out, the smaller ones will go away in a couple of days

smoke is a nice look tho :)

Gun smoke is too dark, tint is perfect

It's easy-ish to fit, just make sure you get all the large bubbles out, the smaller ones will go away in a couple of days

What size do I need to do a 2004 A3? I want to do the fogs aswell. Was gonna go for 12"x24" x 2 to do both the headlights and the fogs.

Cheers,
Joe

Cheers Buddy!

How long did it take to arrive?

Joe

Right i have the kit cant decide if i should fit or not ?

who ever edits the photos. Please note S3 mad wants smoked tints i beleive.
And smoothie probably be best if you could do the tint such as Warren Cox has and smoked as what i have.
So he can see what both look like
Cheers

Ohh god how will i stop myself?lol that looks wicked what you guys think?

yw,,, this is how the optic blue will look like in blue audi, but tint will look much better i bet
88ba672c.jpg

Fitted my gun smoke today ,

They look really nice makes the car look very mean ,

But are these Legal ?