Dark Vader Half Sibling - My Lava Grey A3 - on Bentleys, lowered etc

Ash B

Reaction score
Been a while since i done a thread regarding any mods i've done. So thought i'd do a quick one, sorry about the poor quailty photos. They were taken on my Iphone. Car no where near finished still got alot to do. Please excuse the dirty car not had chance to clean it the last week due to the rain...Anyway here some photos. All opinions good or bad welcome.

Thanks

Ashley

photo-4.jpg

a3.jpg

aaaa.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: warren_S5
spectacular ! want the back edition bumper lol

looks sick. some spacers on the rear wheels then i'm not sure what else needs to be done on the outside!

hmm i guess this is the equivalent of "murdered out" on a grey car. well executed. certainly looks a lot better than if someone had tried to describe it to me.

other plans?

looking good mate, rear bumper is a win, ever think about the S3 skirts

Very nice mate, one of my favourites on here I must say

looks all dark and moody, i like. maybe get some tint on the side repeters ? lick of paint on the rear brakes? look abit rusty on the 5thdown good idea is to paint the metal sheilds around the edges of the discs makes the brakes look that bit bigger. your calipers look cool silver

Looks good mate love the dark stealth look thats why did my grille black and carbon tape and the wheels a bit darker now,still need the lamin-x and later rear lights though

top job

im gonna be honest here, but as long as youre happy my opinion doesnt really matter, not a fan of dark wheels plus the dark car the centres look awful, stance looks good and not too low buttt not liking the front tints, i can see youre goingfor the stealth look just not my cuppa matey

looks all dark and moody, i like. maybe get some tint on the side repeter ? lick of paint on the rear brakes? look abit rusty on the 5thdown good idea is to paint the metal sheilds around the edges of the discs makes the brakes look that bit bigger. your calipers look cool silver

Thanks for the comment Warren. Never really thought about doing the side repeters will have to have a look into it. Plans are to get some bigger brakes so i'll leave that for now. Not happy got out bidded on ebay for some tts brakes :crying: There actually white just dirty haha! :blush::laugh:

Loving it!

Is the exhaust meant to have that angle?

Thank you. No its not the car got to go back so they can sort it out. Not too bothered though as you can only tell when your that low looking at the car or taking the photos in my case.

looking good mate, rear bumper is a win, ever think about the S3 skirts

Smoothie cheers mate :) Yeah the rear bumper probably one of my favourite parts. As from behide the car just looks like a new A3 when in fact its 5years old. Yes i've thought about the S3 skirts i'm 50/50 at present. But i'll probably just give them a miss. Did you manage to get all the info on parts you need mate?

looking good mate hows the ride?

Cheers mate :) Well when i saw how low the car was, my first thought ride gonna be terrible and too harsh. But actually its not, to be honest i cant really tell the difference. Car handles alot better on coilovers than the springs.

hmm i guess this is the equivalent of "murdered out" on a grey car. well executed. certainly looks a lot better than if someone had tried to describe it to me.

other plans?

Correct this was never the idea to go for the murdered out look. But it just ended there really. Started with tints, then optic grill, then sprayed the chrome badge black. Got my wing mirrors done black, aswell as the roof and spoiler. Then i had to get my alloys refurb due to the misses so thought i might aswell change the colour. The alloys look aot better when the car cleaned and they car. I think i may put my badge back chrome or same colour as my alloys to break up the front a bit. Thanks for the comment.
Spacers for the rear, De-wipe rear window, fit my fog lights and lamin-x them. Maybe S3 side skirts not too sure yet. Probably just give it a miss. Quite a few plans for the coming new year gonna keep that to myself at the moment though.

Looking good fella how much did you lower it by?

Cheers Matt :thumbsup: At the rear she all the way down at 70mm front about 60-65mm

looks sick. some spacers on the rear wheels then i'm not sure what else needs to be done on the outside!

Cheers mate:icon_thumright: I know some spacers for the rear would be perfect. Think i may have to raise her though. What you think 10mm or 12mm spacers?

spectacular ! want the back edition bumper lol

Thanks for thaty Nally :) Yeah i like the black edition bumper. Got it off ebay last year for £130 bargain

Looks good mate love the dark stealth look thats why did my grille black and carbon tape and the wheels a bit darker now,still need the lamin-x and later rear lights though

top job

Hi Phil :)

Thanks for the comment. For lamin-x go on ebay there a seller on there amp something bid a make of £25 and he will accept. Took just over a week for them to be delivered from the usa. The whole stealth look was never my idea, in till two weeks ago when i had my alloys done. The rear lights make such a huge diference to the rear end.
Thanks again

very nice

Thanks for that Rav:icon_thumright:

im gonna be honest here, but as long as youre happy my opinion doesnt really matter, not a fan of dark wheels plus the dark car the centres look awful, stance looks good and not too low buttt not liking the front tints, i can see youre goingfor the stealth look just not my cuppa matey

Hi Phil

As said all comments are welcome and thanks for being honest. Centre caps i will have done same colour as the alloys. As they look terrible next to the rest of the car. The centre caps dont really go well with the alloys and calipers either lol. When my mate has time i'll drop them down to him. Thanks for the comment on the stance, i may have to raise her so i can get some spacers in the rear. Thinking about 10-12mm whats your thoughts? Thanks again for your comments :)

oh if youre after tts brakes theres a guy selling a set over on vagoc

Thanks for that Phil. Whats his user name? I'll join vagoc and pm him

Cheers

My cars twin :laugh:

Looking good buddy :) want my spacers? ;)

Haha i know Jord, they needed a photo together. Separated at birth i believe lol :eyebrows:
Thanks for the comments. What spacers you got and how much?:happy:

not a problem, think they guy is selling the tts brakes for 1k so when are you getting bixenons then mate?

Great looking car and nice rear end.

Only drawback is the front splitter - not a fan of them.

not a problem, think they guy is selling the tts brakes for 1k so when are you getting bixenons then mate?

Cheers i'll have a look over there now. I want them but not got any one to fit them. And not sure what parts i need any ideas?

Great looking car and nice rear end.

Only drawback is the front splitter - not a fan of them.

Thanks for that V1raj :) The front splitter on the S3 is like marmite. I got it as i like it and think it adds a bit more of an aggressive look and also protects my S3 bumper :) haha

well done ash looks wicked mate... get them spacers on the rear asap! i reckon 12's defo!! all this ADI talk is annoying.. wish i had time to go!!

oh if youre after tts brakes theres a guy selling a set over on vagoc

Wouldn't be me would it? :laugh:

Thanks for that Phil. Whats his user name? I'll join vagoc and pm him

Cheers

Haha i know Jord, they needed a photo together. Separated at birth i believe lol :eyebrows:
Thanks for the comments. What spacers you got and how much?:happy:

They're either H&R or Forge, i can't remember. 8mm and they fit perfectly with my wheels

Make me an offer ;)

well done ash looks wicked mate... get them spacers on the rear asap! i reckon 12's defo!! all this ADI talk is annoying.. wish i had time to go!!

Thanks Rye :) I know i need spacers bad. You think im gonna have to raise her? Dont worry mate you can always make some events next year make up for it then. Would of been good if you could of came though.

Wouldn't be me would it? :laugh:

They're either H&R or Forge, i can't remember. 8mm and they fit perfectly with my wheels

Make me an offer ;)

Ahh i wanted 10 or 12mm i'll give them a miss. But thanks :)

naw yours are rs ;) there is another guy thought yours were sold?

theyre direct fit afaik (tts ones)

Wow, nice one Ash, car is looking fantastic.

Would have love to seen it at ADI, but unfortunately I can't make it this year either :-(

Wow, nice one Ash, car is looking fantastic.

Would have love to seen it at ADI, but unfortunately I can't make it this year either :-(

Warren, its been a while since we spoke mate! Hope all is well. Thanks for the positive comments.
Aww not good mate! Would of been good to see your car and have a catch up. Hopefully i'll see you at some other events through the year. Take care of yourself

Thanks Rye :) I know i need spacers bad. You think im gonna have to raise her? Dont worry mate you can always make some events next year make up for it then. Would of been good if you could of came though.

Ahh i wanted 10 or 12mm i'll give them a miss. But thanks :)

10 or 12 will be too much i think

8mm is perfect ;)

Thats really nice!!!! how much did you get the S3 alloys for and where did you get them painted? Ive got a BE and was thinking about getting some winter wheels but want to keep up the dark alloy look without going to aftermarket.

Thats really nice!!!! how much did you get the S3 alloys for and where did you get them painted? Ive got a BE and was thinking about getting some winter wheels but want to keep up the dark alloy look without going to aftermarket.

Slade thanks for the comment mate. I bought my alloys off my mate as he changed his to some light weight ones. I got my mate who has his own bodyshop to sort my alloys out start to finish in Cardiff. Yeah I get what you mean get some oem alloys

Now that I like! Aggressive, stealth kinda look.

Personally i would remove the badge on the front as looks a bit gimicky on the otherwise completely stealth car - obviously your car, your choice though.

Now that I like! Aggressive, stealth kinda look.

Personally i would remove the badge on the front as looks a bit gimicky on the otherwise completely stealth car - obviously your car, your choice though.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the comment. I think the car looks pretty aggressive but alot more without the number plate on the front. I would remove the badge but it leaves an ugly gap. So will await for an damaged S3 Optic grill to pop up and buy it so i can use most of the parts.
Thanks for the comment. Will upload some new photos from Audi Drive on saturday later on.

Cheers

Looks really good mate, loving the Dark vadar look!

haha cheers Dan. People in work keep calling my car it and my mum so thought it suited the car well lol.