Badger5Chris Nott
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
Results 441 to 480 of 489
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dark Vader Half Sibling - My Lava Grey A3 - on Bentleys, lowered etc

  1. #441
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottB View Post
    Hi mate. Im looking at getting a similar grill on mine, how do you fix the numberplate on?
    Hi Elliott,

    I just drilled into the crash bar mate. Cheaper than paying £100+ for a number plate holder. But after i had the front end repaired the new grille came with a free RS6 plate holder so use to use that. But thats for sale if any one interested pm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    Ash b, i've got a bit of a car crush on your motor

    Thanks Rob, means a lot. Think the car has a bit of a crush on you

    Quote Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
    Your car is awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo jay View Post
    Photos look lovely lad!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Double Like from me, car looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Nice photos Ash
    Thanks guys
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #442
    Daws88's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    239
    Looks lovely Ash! May I ask where you got your side lights and main beam from? Are they standard or upgraded type? After some decent bright ones.

  4. #443
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post

    Thanks Rob, means a lot. Think the car has a bit of a crush on you
    Thanks guys
    as said before lad, yours and N8's car are inspirational, to me and assume lots of others on here

    i'll have a fix up a date to meet your car

  5. #444
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    What do they inspire you to do Rob?

  6. #445
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    spend $$$ on my car, that was meant for the house or holiday

    hopefully get a new pic of the my latest purchase up at the weekend

  7. #446
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    We'll see lad...

  8. #447
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    We'll see lad...
    what you trying to say N8?

  9. #448
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Some more photos



    Quote Originally Posted by Daws88 View Post
    Looks lovely Ash! May I ask where you got your side lights and main beam from? Are they standard or upgraded type? After some decent bright ones.
    Hi fella, Thanks for the comment, how your a3 coming along? I got them off ebay here a link they are Osram H7 Nightbreaker Plus headlightand 501 Osram Cool Blue Side Lights.

    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    as said before lad, yours and N8's car are inspirational, to me and assume lots of others on here

    i'll have a fix up a date to meet your car

    Thanks for the comments Rob. you will mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    What do they inspire you to do Rob?
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    what you trying to say N8?
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    We'll see lad...
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    spend $$$ on my car, that was meant for the house or holiday

    hopefully get a new pic of the my latest purchase up at the weekend

    Last edited by Ash B; 9th October 2012 at 21:26.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  10. #449
    Daws88's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    239
    Cheers mate, I will get some of them headlight bulbs off the bay. Not done much too it for a while bud, but have just got rns-e fitted and fbmfsw. Also a couple of little mods like s3 pedals and led number plate lights. The speedlines are off it at the minute as need too replace the bald tyres..got a few things too add in the pipeline, will be posting on my thread.

    If my a3 can look anything like yours I will be over the moon, great work! What % are your tints?

  11. #450
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    hey there Ash B how are you today. I have a question maybe you can help me with. I have done similar work to my A3 after my car was crashed into by some giant douche-bag. I went for the s3 look but without fog lights. Now I have money for the fog lights my question is do the s3 fog lights fit on my car because mine is a 03 plate split grill and do I need to take the bumper off. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.....thank you

  12. #451
    Persian's Avatar
    CEO

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    186
    wow, awesome (nothing more to say lol)

  13. #452
    AndyParker's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    164
    Hey Ash - just wanted to know how low you've gone? Still running the JOMS?

    Trying to decide on whether I go for 18"a and go lower or get the 19"s

    where abouts in Cardiff are you - not seen you around yet. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh

  14. #453
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Some photos from ADI 2012. Was a good show and good to chat up with old friend and putting faces to names on here
    As alway good or bad comments welcome.









    Quote Originally Posted by AndyParker View Post
    Hey Ash - just wanted to know how low you've gone? Still running the JOMS?

    Trying to decide on whether I go for 18"a and go lower or get the 19"s

    where abouts in Cardiff are you - not seen you around yet. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh

    Hi Andy,

    Not running JOMS any more wouldnt go low enough. Running FK Highsports DPM Performance will be your best place to get them.
    In the latest photo's car had a notch and was raised all round so i could have a four wheel alignment done. Not got round to lowering it any more since. But probably not far off 100mm.

    I'm from St.mellons mate, car is normally down towards grangetown area. Yourself? All depend on how low you want to go really mate? What wheels you thinking of getting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daws88 View Post
    Cheers mate, I will get some of them headlight bulbs off the bay. Not done much too it for a while bud, but have just got rns-e fitted and fbmfsw. Also a couple of little mods like s3 pedals and led number plate lights. The speedlines are off it at the minute as need too replace the bald tyres..got a few things too add in the pipeline, will be posting on my thread.

    If my a3 can look anything like yours I will be over the moon, great work! What % are your tints?
    Thanks fella appreciate the kind word. Sounds like you been busy with the interior! Look forward to seeing some updated photos The tints on the rear windows are one from limo and the ones on the front are two from limo cant remember the % it is some where in the thread at the start i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpayne1989 View Post
    hey there Ash B how are you today. I have a question maybe you can help me with. I have done similar work to my A3 after my car was crashed into by some giant douche-bag. I went for the s3 look but without fog lights. Now I have money for the fog lights my question is do the s3 fog lights fit on my car because mine is a 03 plate split grill and do I need to take the bumper off. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.....thank you
    Hi Max,

    Sorry to hear about the accident nightmares arent they! S3 foglights will fit, they just screw into the bumper with two screws on each one. Did you have foglights before the conversion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Persian View Post
    wow, awesome (nothing more to say lol)
    Thanks mate
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  15. #454
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,404

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Mate i have to say your car looked amazing when you were driving out and leaving... there is something about the arse of your car... the way it sits, the stance and those alloys along with the colour combo just looks BAD!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

  16. #455
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Hi Max,

    Sorry to hear about the accident nightmares arent they! S3 foglights will fit, they just screw into the bumper with two screws on each one. Did you have foglights before the conversion?


    yup fog lights were there but they didn't fit on new bumper..so just plug n play for fog lights?
    an also do you know were i can get hold of some my11 tail-lights the darker ones ?

    and i must say your car is absolutey stunning

  17. #456
    TimG's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Ahhhh my eyes ... it must be ash's really noticeable bright coloured interior mirror doing it Paint it black FFS!

    Sits better in the last pics I think mate. Just raise the rear or drop the front a touch and it'd be spot on for me. Nice work!

  18. #457
    mikex709's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    114
    Hey Ash B, nice to see your car in the flesh, love the wheels, couldn't stop taking pics of your car :P

  19. #458
    AndyParker's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Hi Andy,

    Not running JOMS any more wouldnt go low enough. Running FK Highsports DPM Performance will be your best place to get them.
    In the latest photo's car had a notch and was raised all round so i could have a four wheel alignment done. Not got round to lowering it any more since. But probably not far off 100mm

    I'm from St.mellons mate, car is normally down towards grangetown area. Yourself? All depend on how low you want to go really mate? What wheels you thinking of getting?
    Well I had been thinking of getting the Bentley splits but then saw you with them - can't have two the same running round Cardiff so back to the drawing board - let me know if you ever want a change! Also liking BBS LMs but too many of them around. Also like these but not sure what they are called Used Genuine Audi/ Ronal 19" x 8.5J ET48 Alloy Wheel... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 835674)

    I live in the flats above the St David's 2 shopping centre which might restrict how low I can go as residents parking is in the multi storey car park.

  20. #459
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    like your car Ash, a lot for me its the best looking car on here

    but there are some close others

  21. #460
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    Mate i have to say your car looked amazing when you were driving out and leaving... there is something about the arse of your car... the way it sits, the stance and those alloys along with the colour combo just looks BAD!
    Yes Ash, good seeing you on the weekend mate. Thanks for the comment mean a lot need audi rings back on the bootlid.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpayne1989 View Post

    yup fog lights were there but they didn't fit on new bumper..so just plug n play for fog lights?
    an also do you know were i can get hold of some my11 tail-lights the darker ones ?

    and i must say your car is absolutey stunning
    All you will need is the S3/s-line foglights and plug and play. For MY11 rearlights. Can either get them from NHN on here or Stoke Audi on here. Both will be cheaper than any other dealers.

    Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Ahhhh my eyes ... it must be ash's really noticeable bright coloured interior mirror doing it Paint it black FFS!

    Sits better in the last pics I think mate. Just raise the rear or drop the front a touch and it'd be spot on for me. Nice work!

    Worse thing is Ash just pulled it off at Audi Driver last weekend and the black mirror was at home. I will change it asap
    Cheers for the comments Tim, may take the car to my mates garage today and lower it some more.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikex709 View Post
    Hey Ash B, nice to see your car in the flesh, love the wheels, couldn't stop taking pics of your car :P
    Hi Mike, Good seeing you on the weekend good to finally put some faces to the names. Hopefully see you at a few more shows.
    And thanks for the comments and taking the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyParker View Post
    Well I had been thinking of getting the Bentley splits but then saw you with them - can't have two the same running round Cardiff so back to the drawing board - let me know if you ever want a change! Also liking BBS LMs but too many of them around. Also like these but not sure what they are called Used Genuine Audi/ Ronal 19" x 8.5J ET48 Alloy Wheel... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 835674)

    I live in the flats above the St David's 2 shopping centre which might restrict how low I can go as residents parking is in the multi storey car park.
    Haha thats fair enough. I doubt i'll ever sell these wanted a set for a long while just wasnt willing to pay the prices i kept seeing them come up for. Forget the BBS LMs fella so many local cars got them on. They look nice, but honestly would pay that price for them. Can get some serious wheels for that price. What about bbs speedline, vw helios, work vz xx. Check edition 38 classifieds or wheel whores. Whats your budget? Have to meet up some time. Yeah the multi storey car park will stop you lol my car doesnt go in them. It was a nightmare on joms never mind on these FKs. Forgot to say i'm running 19s now for the extra clearance . Do want to 18s again but either some BBS i saw on edition 38 a few months back, mercedes alphards or work vz xx But then again i do want another set of Bentleys but GT 5spokes would be nice. Splits could do with a refurb after been ran as daily for nearly a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    like your car Ash, a lot for me its the best looking car on here

    but there are some close others

    Hi Rob,

    Thanks for the kind words, means a lot . Lol but far from the best looking car on here.
    Last edited by Ash B; 20th October 2012 at 12:10.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  22. #461
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Ash, do you have the foam crash pad behind your grill? your just the aluminium bumper

  23. #462
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,164
    Having seen this car in the flesh at ADI it looks stunning.

    Fingers crossed on the engine Ash, title changed as requested!

  24. #463
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    299
    Beautifl ash, love the way itsits, static few?

    You mentioned in an earlier post you had adjustable top mounts which allowed further drop on the front, which ones did you go for? Have you had arches rolled yet?

    Ta
    Wanted - a pillar covers, leather interior, rear bumper, standard head lining

  25. #464
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    299
    Static ftw!! Bloody iPad auto correct!
    Wanted - a pillar covers, leather interior, rear bumper, standard head lining

  26. #465
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_tdi View Post
    Beautifl ash, love the way itsits, static few?

    You mentioned in an earlier post you had adjustable top mounts which allowed further drop on the front, which ones did you go for? Have you had arches rolled yet?

    Ta
    Hi Ian,

    Thanks for the comments If i have mentioned adjustable top mounts its probably as some one making some for the 8P just waiting for them to release more detail. As currently i dont think there are any adjustable top mounts. Only the one for camber on the front. Sure i wasnt talking about custom front springs? As i was going to get a pair made up when i was on joms. No arches are completely standard.

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_tdi View Post
    Static ftw!! Bloody iPad auto correct!


    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Having seen this car in the flesh at ADI it looks stunning.

    Fingers crossed on the engine Ash, title changed as requested!
    Thanks Warren, was really good to see you and have a catch up.

    Yeah fingers crossed, Nathan no help lol telling me to get the new loba one or a GT30. I was quite happy with a KO4
    But be worth it all in the end

    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    Ash, do you have the foam crash pad behind your grill? your just the aluminium bumper
    Rob, i think its the aluminium.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  27. #466
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Ash I'll defo go a show next year, so dont get rid of your car between now and then

  28. #467
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    Ash I'll defo go a show next year, so dont get rid of your car between now and then
    Good man, car wont be going any where lol spent too much on parts that are not even fitted to the car. Too committed to the build now had it over 4years now. Come Audi In The Park and Audi Driver And early edition
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  29. #468
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    sounds interesting, what bits you got to fit ?
    oh yeah, excuse my ignorance but what lump have you in car?

  30. #469
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    ill be at some shows next year, only driving to them with the golf my project car will still be hidden


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  31. #470
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    looks good with your plate on ash finally got it then lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  32. #471
    AndyParker's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post

    Haha thats fair enough. I doubt i'll ever sell these wanted a set for a long while just wasnt willing to pay the prices i kept seeing them come up for. Forget the BBS LMs fella so many local cars got them on. They look nice, but honestly would pay that price for them. Can get some serious wheels for that price. What about bbs speedline, vw helios, work vz xx. Check edition 38 classifieds or wheel whores. Whats your budget? Have to meet up some time. Yeah the multi storey car park will stop you lol my car doesnt go in them. It was a nightmare on joms never mind on these FKs. Forgot to say i'm running 19s now for the extra clearance . Do want to 18s again but either some BBS i saw on edition 38 a few months back, mercedes alphards or work vz xx But then again i do want another set of Bentleys but GT 5spokes would be nice. Splits could do with a refurb after been ran as daily for nearly a year
    Do like the speedlines but again a bit common - want something OEM but a bit unusual I guess! Set aside about £1k for wheels and been hunting on Ed38 - those OZ splits look immense that are up for sale at the moment. I'm going to have to go for 19"s as well. I'm sure the Mrs will take it well when I tell her we have to move because I need to go lower on the car!

    Yeah def have to meet up. I picked the S3 up yesterday so now time to crack on with the mods!

  33. #472
    chris1988brown's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    578
    love this car so much man awesome work any more plans ?

    MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

    MY PROGRESS THREAD

  34. #473
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    ill be at some shows next year, only driving to them with the golf my project car will still be hidden
    Good, you best be! Be good to see you. The project car cant come out till its done

    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    looks good with your plate on ash finally got it then lol
    Thanks Fran lol yeah finally they still f**ked it up though, my tax disc says Mercedes on it second one they sent m! AR$EH0LES 10weeks and they still mess things up.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyParker View Post
    Do like the speedlines but again a bit common - want something OEM but a bit unusual I guess! Set aside about £1k for wheels and been hunting on Ed38 - those OZ splits look immense that are up for sale at the moment. I'm going to have to go for 19"s as well. I'm sure the Mrs will take it well when I tell her we have to move because I need to go lower on the car!

    Yeah def have to meet up. I picked the S3 up yesterday so now time to crack on with the mods!

    Yeah speedlines are lovely only know of one A3 running 19s a red SB in st.mellons. Yeah you should get something tidy with £1k. Chris OZ Splits are lovely and would look great on any 8P! yeah i'm sure she will love that fact haha! Congrats on the S3, hope your enjoying it. Will keep an eye out for you. Also there a meet in Bristol next month if you fancy tagging along.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1988brown View Post
    love this car so much man awesome work any more plans ?

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the comment mate Yeah still got a few things to do but getting there slowly.

    Refurb the Bentleys & Speedlines
    Audi S3 Pedals and foot rest and Gear Knob
    Fit S3 Side Skirts
    Vinyl removed off the roof/spoiler and have it sprayed instead (new spoiler as well, friend kind of broke the other one)
    Wider arches all round
    Fit Custom Rear bumper when its sent back to me
    Custom exhaust backbox to go with new rear bumper
    Fit interior/get a few things retrimmed headlining, pillars, gatior, doorcards etc
    Big Brake Kit
    Engine Conversion - Full rebuild on 2.0tfsi engine i have at the minute and get it fitted along with stage 2+ bits and a better turbo etc
    LSD
    Xenons
    New wheels 18s & 19s
    And maybe a full respray in a different colour once everything done as that would be last. As my mate who owns the bodyshop been on my case about it saying i might of well got it resprayed ages ago. With how many times they had to paint the car over the years with people crashing into me
    And thinking of getting some new coilovers next year some H&R 140mm ones of Si. Kind of wish i just bought them instead of the FKs ahh well Thats all i can think of at the top of my head but probably missing a few other things lol. Lucky i have a lot of the parts i need to finish the car just need to gather all the rebuild bit/decide on turbo, exhaust system, buy the lsd, big brakes and xenons.


    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    sounds interesting, what bits you got to fit ?
    oh yeah, excuse my ignorance but what lump have you in car?
    A 2.0TFSI KO4 to go in but my friend kind of swaying me towards big turbo of some sort. Considering the engine getting a rebuild i might as well put a nice turbo on. No ignorance Rob lol i think its only been mentioned a few times. The car a 1.6 bought it when i was 18 4 years ago and got attached to it lol! Miss the power of my old 2.0TFSI though. Once everything in and done i wont ever sell the car
    Last edited by Ash B; 27th October 2012 at 12:51.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  35. #474
    chris1988brown's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    578
    awesome plans mate looking forward to following this one looking forward to seeing it at some shows next year

    MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

    MY PROGRESS THREAD

  36. #475
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    good to see your plans bro get any pics of that valance for me?


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  37. #476
    AndyParker's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post

    Yeah speedlines are lovely only know of one A3 running 19s a red SB in st.mellons. Yeah you should get something tidy with £1k. Chris OZ Splits are lovely and would look great on any 8P! yeah i'm sure she will love that fact haha! Congrats on the S3, hope your enjoying it. Will keep an eye out for you. Also there a meet in Bristol next month if you fancy tagging along.
    Bristol sounds good - what day and where? I used to pop down the Ace Cafe VAG meets when I lived down that way. Only had the car a week now and definitely enjoying it but can't wait to get it mapped!

  38. #477
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Well thought i'd update this as its been a while and a lot has happened. Had a hit and run in October after that decided the car got to go. Obviously was a bit of a slow strip down if i'm honest lol. Had my friend James and Oscar take some last photos of the car back at start of December before it got stripped down and all the original parts put back on.
    Anyway here some photos from the shoots as always all comments welcome.

    Photo taken at the last BKKM




    Photos taken thanks to James Merriman.



    Wonky exhaust pipes




    As

    Photo taken by Oscar










    An this happened!! Pretty sure most of you are aware that my relationship with the A3 is Jinxed. 5 incidents in under a year 3 i've claimed againt the fault parties and two hit and runs. I've lost count on how many times my A3 has been crashed into. As much as i love her i think it was probably best she got written off before she killed me or some one! Damage to driver side, door, wing, headlight, grille, bumper, bonnet, windscreen, cooling rad & pipes, washer bottle, slam panel and driverside chassis leg move slightly! Car was officially written off on monday Not seen the car looking this standard in years feeling sorry and looking it down Start To Finish Bodyshop. Had the A3 since July 2008 and was more a less my first car (first car corsa only lasted 4months before getting part ex for the a3). Bought it on 42k, currently has 90k on the clock. In the 4 & half years i've owned it, mechanically its been good. Only issue was changing the clutch back in 2009. A lot of memories with the car and i am truely gutted its ended like this. But on to better things! Replacement car will be an Audi so wont be leaving ASN any time soon




    Last edited by Ash B; 31st January 2013 at 19:38.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  39. #478
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    28
    Shame about the hit and run mate you had a lovely car there. Can I just ask where you got the honeycomb grille from as after one.

  40. #479
    gogz s3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Morayshire
    Posts
    192

    My Social Networking

    Visit gogz s3's Instagram Channel
    Must be heartbreaking pal seeing your pride and joy like that.

    Hope you've better luck with your new car, by the way what you buying?

  41. #480
    TimG's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    932
    What you getting next mate?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO