Clutch question TDI BKD Engine?

V16

Reaction score
So think my clutch is dying a slow death and the DMF is in need of replacing. Rattles quite loud now and then, so think it's time for a change. It's on 60k and has lasted pretty well with the remap and hybrid turbo till now. :happy:

car is a 56 A3 2.0tdi BKD. Not sure if it's fitted with oem luk or sachs clutch/flywheel.

Theres probably a thread on this but just wanted to make sure for myself.
When it comes to changing the clutch and DMF does it matter if one is sachs and the other is luk or should they be replaced luk clutch and luk flywheel for example?
Also if anyone can recommend any clutch's (websites), I have around £500 to spend but can stretch slightly.
Thanks

Audi should be able to tell you what's fitted, although if you call LUK with engine number and VIN they can do a lookup for you and tell you what is fitted.

Buypartsby (google it) is cheaper then most for oem parts, but you really need to uprate it with having a hybrid which is going to work out more than £500.

I bought a DMF from buypartsby for 220, clutch kit on ebay and CSC from eurocarparts, although i still need to check CSC as it might be wrong one, i thought there was only one for the LUK clutch but apprently there is 2! typical!

Regards,

as far as i know you cant mix the parts if its a luk clutch you have top put a luk flywheel on it.

when i done mine a took the luk clutch and dmf of and replaced with sachs

Cheers guys. I was thinking of an uprated clutch but if it's not driven like a rally car all the time should it matter? i know an oem clutch/flywheel wont last as long but it should be fine for some time right?

Hi, my DMF also rattles and im thinking of getting a remap so a new clutch is also on the cards.
I was having a search and some guys are running an uprated Sachs pressure plate together with an OEM clutch disc which can handle up to 350lbs/ft torque, which i seems good if your not looking for HUGE torque. I think for around £500 you would be able to get a Sach pressure plate, OEM clutch and DMF.
Keep us posted on what you decide to do. :D

Hi, my DMF also rattles and im thinking of getting a remap so a new clutch is also on the cards.
I was having a search and some guys are running an uprated Sachs pressure plate together with an OEM clutch disc which can handle up to 350lbs/ft torque, which i seems good if your not looking for HUGE torque. I think for around £500 you would be able to get a Sach pressure plate, OEM clutch and DMF.
Keep us posted on what you decide to do. :D

thanks, yeah a few people have done that with no problems. Want to try and get it done in the next week, the rattling and clutch slipping is killing me!

I just ordered a clutch kit, CSC and DMF from Eurocarparts and ebay. Went all OEM as the standard clutch is fine for me. Driving from Preston-Birmingham and back over the weekend, the car still pulls fine and on acceleration I have no complaints. Only really rattles on stop/starting so think thats just due to the DMF, but with replacing that it's always good to replace the clutch as well (so i've been told).
Hopefully have them fitted this week along with some coilovers and front brake pads/discs. (It's been an expensive week!!) but will be worth it! :happy: