Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: Hello!

Reverse Gear

Status

Hello!

Just saying hello! I'm new to this Audi thing, having just sold my 2002 M3 Coupe to get something a little more practical... Always liked Audi's so I've ordered an A3 2.0TDI. Bit of a change from the M3, but having done the test drive business I was really amazed by the 2.0TDI, so there we are, I've ordered one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I tried the 2.0T FSI and the 2.0TDI back to back and based on the published figures, thought I would go for the 2.0T FSI. Having driven both I was surprised to find that I preferred the TDI. It felt much better for normal everyday use and amazingly punchy. And that DSG gearbox; what a revalation! Much better than BMW's SMG.
    By comparison, the 2.0T FSI felt very unimpressive - like I say, a real surprise, and my first ever diesel!

Anyway, I've gone for the following:
    A3 2.0TDI Sport
    DSG
    Ebony
    Light grey leather/Alcantara
    Armrest
    Rain/light sensors
    Light pack
    Park assist
    Bose
    Zenons
    5 Spokes

Please tell me if I've missed anything important....

All I have to do now is wait [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Jimbo

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Hello!

Hi Jimbo!

Welcome to the forum.

Have you gone for the 3-door or sportback, if you went for the 3-door, did you not consider the s-line 2.0 TDI which comes with 1/2 leather seats, 18" alloys and DSG. You may save some money over what you have paid, and probably residuals would be better. If you went for the sportback then you would have to wait for the s-sline (like the rest of us).

Anyone, very nice spec!

Neutral

Status

NO! Keep the M3!
    I've just changed from a TT to my A3 2.0 TDi sport with lots of goodies, I'm gutted!
    Alterntivley dont buy a new one get mine with 3000 miles on it, its got pretty much everything you want and a bodykit to go with it!

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...o=&fpart=1

Reverse Gear

Status

Yes, it's the 3 door I've ordered. I did look at an S-line and took one out for a test drive and to be honest, I found it a little too hard and jittery. I don't know if it differs from the ordinary sport in any way other than the 18" wheels, but it didn't feel as good on the road as the sport did - so I went for the sport. I don't think I did too badly on the price either, my local dealer eventually matched the best broker discount I'd had which was from Broadspeed at 10%.

Neither feels as good or composed as the M3 (not surprising really), but then again, I didn't go for an A3 for it's sporting prowess! I've been very lucky in recent years and had some very nice cars (M3, 996, Boxster S) and whilst they are great to own and drive, they cost (and loose!) a fortune. They can also become frustrating as you can never really use them to their potential on the road - unless you're a lunatic! So, it's the sensible, 50mpg route for me (though, still can't come to terms with the concept of anything in excess of 25mpg!!). Maybe in 6 months time I'll look back and think this was all a terrible mistake - I hope not!

Cheers.