Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Remote windows? (and brochure request)

While we wait until May for the A3 to arrive in the New World, a couple question for you lucky people across the way (ok, technically 2 questions):

Does the A3 (3-door and Sporback) have auto up/down windows on all doors?
    Is remote window operation from the key fob available?

Not performance related, but it's the kind of detail I'm eager to know and finding it difficult to find.

ps: If any body in the UK would be kind enough to pick up a Sportback brochure and send it over here I'd be happy to pay the postage...

And more owners pics would be great too...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Re: Remote windows? (and brochure request)

Hi Brandon

The A3 (3-door) brochure describes the "Electric window openers in front, with excess force limiters, one-touch open and close functions with convenient closing via central locking system" You can also open and close the front windows using the remote control key fob. This is standard on all models available in the UK.

The Sportback brochure describes "Electric front and rear windows, with excessive force limit, comfort opening/closing through central locking function"

I have a copy of the Sportback brochure, so if you would like to send me a PM or email to h5djr@ntlworld.com with your address I will gladly send it to you.

5th Gear

Status

You have to press and hold the lock button on the fob to close the windows and roof.

yak
    2nd Gear

Status

Just so that you don't misunderstand Dave's post, the lack of electric rear-windows in 3-door is because.. you can't open rear-windows in 3-door [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can close windows with knob, but how on earth can I open them? I don't have that function, should it happen like with closing, but just press open-doors? Doesn't work.

- Yak

Reverse Gear

Status

Dave R:

Thanks very much for the window info - I doubt the remote (from fob) closing feature will arrive here (liability issues), but good chance we'll be able to open with the remote.

I've emailed you regarding the brochure.

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yak said:
    Just so that you don't misunderstand Dave's post, the lack of electric rear-windows in 3-door is because.. you can't open rear-windows in 3-door [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can close windows with knob, but how on earth can I open them? I don't have that function, should it happen like with closing, but just press open-doors? Doesn't work.

- Yak

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Yak... yep, you can open my Sportback windows (all of them), when you press and hold the unlocking buttong on the keyfob, so should do for yours also... even if you have got two few doors [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

yak
    2nd Gear

Status

BravePilot, well.. it doesn't. I can close, but not open. Oh well, maybe it's better that way, so I don't accidentially open the windows when it's below 0C outside. That won't do good for them.

- Yak

1st Gear

Status

09 windows dont auto shut?

Quote Originally Posted by yak View Post
    BravePilot, well.. it doesn't. I can close, but not open. Oh well, maybe it's better that way, so I don't accidentially open the windows when it's below 0C outside. That won't do good for them.

- Yak

Has anyone else got auto close and open windows on the key fob?

My 09 hasnt got it? however my A4 avant S line will?

Anyone? Can this be done in Vag?

6th Gear

Status
    With the key fob i can open and close my window on my 3door a3
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    I had to enable the funtion on the DIS.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You can code these functions with vagcom easily.

Also you there are 2 flavours of the auto closure system you can code, you can have default of lock & hold the remote lock button down until all closed or you can code it so you hold the lock button until they start closing then release the lock button & it will continue to close on its own, this will do all electric windows 3/5dr & sunroof if you have.

Dont you just love VAGCOM, lol.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    My (USA-spec) sportback A3 came with no remote functions enabled. -I programmed them with the Vag-Com.

I assume that Canadian spec is like the US spec? -Ask if the dealer with set them as a 'courtesy' thing, otherwise see if anyone near you has VAG-COM... or buy one yourself... They really are the mutt's nuts!!!

Keith