Engine Bay Make Over See What You Think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a Goodwood Breakfast Club recently, somebody having parked in the Pit Straight display had proudly opened the bonnet to reveal the same sort of engine bay modification (sic), and instead of attracting gasps of admiration it simply drew a lot of laughs, squirms and questions as to the owners taste and intelligence.

Hahahahaha! Chrome plated seats, great banter. This thread has made my christmas!

Not keen on this mod but...have seen the pics of this car on the ADI pics thread, rest of the car looks very nice!
Was expecting something more like this:

SH-BNMMD-28.jpg

well i was half asleep when started to read this but NOW WIDE AWAKE, CHEERS

if i can find a plus to this handdy work it must be the guys cutting skills, with neat cutting like that he could make shoes for a house fly!!

to sum up; is it going to be the next front page of audi mag..... NO front page of a joke book .....YES

next mod could be to cut and fit curtains for all windows hmmmmmm

by the way has anybody seen this guy lately????
will have to see if his reg is shown and check to see ifit has been written of (fire damaged)

To be fair to the old boy who did it, I admire the sentiment, if he'd used alu carbon film or high temperature paint I'd be showering him with kudos, but I find it hard to think I could be encouraging or congratulate someone who has to Dyson their engine bay, or maybe give it a quick shampoo.

All for innovation where it moves the game on. Fuzzy felting died in the 70's I'm afraid.

To be fair to the old boy who did it, I admire the sentiment, if he'd used alu carbon film or high temperature paint I'd be showering him with kudos, but I find it hard to think I could be encouraging or congratulate someone who has to Dyson their engine bay, or maybe give it a quick shampoo.

All for innovation where it moves the game on. Fuzzy felting died in the 70's I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'd say different if you were a Smurf.

The actual engine cover doesn't look too bad. Not my thing, and it'd make a lot more sense if the paint matched, but if you just look at it on it's own it's in the "I wouldn't do it to mine, but I can see where you were going with it" camp. The rest looks gash though.

Can we do a GeoIP lookup and find the guy's address? We can group buy him a fire extinguisher, if his car has lasted the intervening 18 months.

That's awful to be fair but the comments/replies are funny, thanks to the OP for doing that mod, leaving yourself wide open for a good ribbing and then going off your nips when you get feedback that you don't like. Priceless! I might dash off to see Mike @ Mikes Carpets now, get some laminate flooring and pimp up the boot of the SB (never liked the load liner anyway!).

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll do the same...... :puke: Haven't seen such innovation since I started tucking my socks into my tracky bottoms.... LOL

Big up to you mate. Getting that amount of **** and still persisting.

I about ****** my pants when I read through this.

Some of you guys are absolute Genius's! :applaus:

Absolutely priceless I laughed so much it hurt, I've just put a link on our 8L page cracking read :lmfao:

Chris.

This thread has cracked me up! Speaking of which if the OP reads this, I could do with the remaining roll of Alcantara for my car. My seats could match the engine covers!

How often does your engine bay need hoovered?:tumble:

Reactions: pwilliamson1991
Good effort mate, everyone has to try something different one day. And in regards to putting material in your engine bay, that's not a crap thing at all, have you ever seen cars at VAG shows with leather trimmed covers? I think this one looks a bit bad because it's bright blue and doesn't match anything, also the cutting isn't so neat either.

Feel sorry for the guy tbh, he got rinsed a bit too much.

That looks AWESOME! You should start a trend... Wrap the whole car man! :p

I love different :) Hence why I have a yellow S3 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.