Engine Bay Make Over See What You Think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry benskin07 but anyone who does that to a car and posts it on a forum or goes to a car meet and doesn`t expect to have the **** severally taken out of him must be mad.

to be fair the red velvet engine cover doesn't look bad. i'd consider it if it weren't for the dirt factor, but on a trailer queen who'd care?

I think on some car's a nice engine bay works perfect but lets be honest on our car's the engines are generally ugly that's why there hid under all the plastic. I am not a fan atall of your mod I gotta be honest and thought it looked much better as it was, but each to there own I guess

I know the joke is played out, but I just gosta...

The car's new theme song?
elvis-presley-blue-suede-shoes-disc-cover-18869.jpeg

Round my way you get community service for vandalism. AND…I don’t care what flash point your glue has, that is going to catch fire in a traffic jam in the Summer.

I'm guessing it was done probably to appeal more to the u-16s rather than the ASN crowd .. I think the only mistake you've made is displaying your handywork to the wrong audience ;)

Hmmmm, I've seen some interesting things in my 20 years of modding, but thats a whole new ball game.

Firstly I'd be getting that [carpet/suede/fabric] checked for its heat rating and fire resistance.

I'm trying to imagine the facial expression of the next service tech who opens the bonnet at service / MoT time.

:lmfao:

I always say "each to their own", and whilst I still stand by that statement, you have sort of asked for it! You'll probably look back and think what the F*$k was I thinking! (maybe :ermm:)

Don't take it too personally mate, if you ask for someone's opinion/feedback then be prepared to recieve it, whether positive or negative.

****** funny thread though! Brightened my day up:laugh:

Rog

Last edited:
I really don't see why this poor chap's latest mod has come in for such criticism and abuse.... I mean it may not be to your taste but give the guy a break!

I think it looks ok, yes there may be a few too many bits done for my personal taste but thats just me.

Who's to say the guy that did this:

URL]

shouldn't have because he "doesn't drive round with his bonnet open all the time". Its done for show and another different detail to enhance the rest of the car....

...as I was always told "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"...

This is a forum though, if only positive comments were allowed alot of threads would be dead. I think the main point is not about tarting engines up or even about the amount hes done more so that he has done it and it could potentially be dangerous.

URL]

shouldn't have because he "doesn't drive round with his bonnet open all the time". Its done for show and another different detail to enhance the rest of the car....

tbh that looks ace in that pic :rock:

not sure what it is though :readit:

I really don't see why this poor chap's latest mod has come in for such criticism and abuse.... I mean it may not be to your taste but give the guy a break!

I think it looks ok, yes there may be a few too many bits done for my personal taste but thats just me.

URL]

...as I was always told "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"...

If you look at the number of 'serious slagging off' vs 'jokey comments' you'll see that this is just a load of guys mucking about.
Yes it's at the OP's expense, and yes it's being said because no one likes the mod. But essentially it's just a load of guys trying to come up with a funny/the funniest comment.

I guess if the OP had gone out and spent hundreds of quid on a mod then people would be more gentle with their comments. But for some furry paper being stuck on an engine which could be removed as easily as it was stuck on... people don't see any real harm in cracking the odd joke or hundred.

I remember many years ago I thought it'd be cool if I bought yellow jeans, a yellow shirt and yellow trainers and proudly wore them all at once. I got called everything from nuclear man to canary boy. Had to just take it on the chin and learn from it.
It's all part of growing into a man. :slapped:

This is a forum though, if only positive comments were allowed alot of threads would be dead. I think the main point is not about tarting engines up or even about the amount hes done more so that he has done it and it could potentially be dangerous.

Fair point, well made. I'm not trying or implying these forums should be censored, just thought some of the comments were a bit OTT.

I think whats he's done is ok for show use but maybe he should get a set of standard ones for day-to-day? Agreed?

I remember many years ago I thought it'd be cool if I bought yellow jeans, a yellow shirt and yellow trainers and proudly wore them all at once. I got called everything from nuclear man to canary boy. Had to just take it on the chin and learn from it.
It's all part of growing into a man. :slapped:

PICS? :p

Certainly is unique, but won't it have a high risk of catching fire?

If I was into pimping I would cover it in carbon!

I've just read this again, and after a dreary start to the week I feel proper chipper again.

Part of the Audi Exclusive Trim pack????

Tis mad, was thinkin bout htis today.. if you look in classifieds i put up a S3 (sprint blue) thats got blue alcantara seats! when i saw it i thought of this haha!!!

Well worth the bumpage. Classic thread!

Tis mad, was thinkin bout htis today.. if you look in classifieds i put up a S3 (sprint blue) thats got blue alcantara seats! when i saw it i thought of this haha!!!

I was just browsing innocently for a thread that showed me how to pop an injector, and I came across this and just thought it was too good not to revisit! I'll have just booked myself in for an alcantara counselling session to get over the nightmares!

Just read that from start to finish, absolute quality, gave me some real belly laughs. The mods should add another little section for classic threads. He's certainly no trend setter though, it still looks dog sh*t nearly 2 years later. I wonder if he ever turned up to show it off?

Priceless thread
Love the friendly banter
If he thinks he gets a hard time here I'd dare him even pay him to post it on the s3 8l forum
You got off lightly

One word for the lads over there!

SAVAGE

Suppose I could be per-suede-ded to like it! Not!
Good effort fella, the main thing is you like it!

Sorry mate not for me at all, i prefer oem. Also isnt that a fire hazzard?

Edit: sorry just noticed this is a thread revival!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.