pause in power between 3rd and 4th

philinman

Reaction score
When i boot the car useing the full rev range going between 3rd and 4th i got a drop in power for about 2 seconds and then the car picks up again is this normal as it just seems a bit weired to me ???

it only does it if you use the full rev range (short that it is )

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Are we talking about a manual or DSG gearbox. I have a DSG and get no loss of power if I'm using D, S or tiptronic.

i thought that but it dosnt do it all the time and dosnt do it if you hold back a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

booked in at the stealers to get the new gearknob fitted so will get them check it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Did you bounce off the rev limiter before changing to 4th? Can that mess with things as the power is cut to prevent over revving?

If it happens consistently everytime, there is defo something wrong. Take it to the dealer.

I rarely go beyond 3000-3500rpm. But when I do, I have no such hesitation.

Admittedly, on Sunday I noticed a very slight hesitation when changing up (couple of tenths of a second), but I but that down to the cold engine and very wet atmosphere. I'll see whether it plays up again in normal conditions.