Bose sound system
Privacy Glass
Rear through load, armrest with cupholders
Hill hold assist
Cruise control
Electric heated folding door mirrors
Autoglym LifeShine protection

And all standard S3 kit of course

Brought from Sheffield Audi on Monday, wanted to surprise a few people before I posted on the forum

Sorry the bad pic's taken by dealer and my iPhone 4 very quickly, just wanted to get in and drive !

Any thoughts or comments are welcome !

Last edited:
Lovely car with a great spec fella! Is that your yellow 8l beside it?

Bet you are one HAPPY puppy!!! I know I would be :)

What sat nav/ stereo is that in there fella?

Looking good mate, im sure you will enjoy the upgrade.

Welcome to the 8P side :) Congratz on the new car, got it in the best colour may i add:thumbsup:
I liked your 8L S3 aswell very nice. Would of been cool if you got a front shot of both cars by each other. How your finding the new car? Any plans?

Great choice, best colour on offer for the S3!

Hope you enjoy the move up and I'm sure you wont regret it!

Lovely car with a great spec fella! Is that your yellow 8l beside it?

Bet you are one HAPPY puppy!!! I know I would be :)

Yer it is, going give it a good clean and detail at the weekend then its up for sale.

Happy is a understatement, its really surprising at how much difference there actual is between the 2

What sat nav/ stereo is that in there fella?

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT I'm really impressed with it, excellent Sat Nav, Bluetooth with contact sync ( works with my iPhone 4 - YAY ! ), and great sound. Even though its after-market It fits in well and the previous owner had it professionally installed and the steering wheel controls wired in as well.

whats the change like then dude???

how you finding it compared to 8l? in terms of performance, comfort, driver feel?

Early days but there is a lot more differences then I was expecting, the 8L is has a much heaver clutch and the steering is a lot heavier ( partly due to the 8P have electric speed sensitive power steering).

In terms of performance the 8P far surpasses anything I was expecting, in my eyes it seems stupidly fast and swapping from one to the other I can definitely tell a huge difference. One of the main things in terms of driving is that everything seems a lot smoother and refined in the 8P and also there seems to be very little or no turbo lag, something that the 8L did suffer from on occasions.

The 8P suspensions does seem much firmer then the 8L but in despite that I do seem to feel the bumps more in the 8L, that may have something to do with my being hugged in by the bucket seats in the 8P lol.

Driver feel, AMAZING. Steering is light and precise and mirrors seem huge which makes driving and parking easier. Only thing that I instantly noticed when swapping over is the in the 8P the windscreen and back windows seem smaller then in the 8L. Visibility out of the back window on the 8P is quite different and will take some time to adjust.

Welcome to the 8P side :) Congratz on the new car, got it in the best colour may i add:thumbsup:
I liked your 8L S3 aswell very nice. Would of been cool if you got a front shot of both cars by each other. How your finding the new car? Any plans?

Cheers mate,

I've still got the 8L, good clean and detail at the weekend and then I'll take a few side by side pics's. I wrote a mini review comparing the 2 just above this post.

Not any plans atm, may change the license plate, not sure how keen I am on "gilder audi" lol. Any suggestions are welcomed !

Cheers mate,

I've still got the 8L, good clean and detail at the weekend and then I'll take a few side by side pics's. I wrote a mini review comparing the 2 just above this post.

Not any plans atm, may change the license plate, not sure how keen I am on "gilder audi" lol. Any suggestions are welcomed !

Looking forward to the photos and review :) Ahh you keeping both? If so good choice lol! I like the look of the 8L S3...Got it in my favourite colour aswell for the 8L.

Haha i know what you mean mine still got "cardiff audi" they need to be changed...I'm not getting paid for this advertisement lol! Hmm im sure some of us (well all of us) can you give you suggestions:sly: lol

Ah what a lovely car to jump across to! Loved your 8L but oohh your 8P is stunning. Have fun and enjoy her.

Looking forward to the photos and review :) Ahh you keeping both? If so good choice lol! I like the look of the 8L S3...Got it in my favourite colour aswell for the 8L.

Haha i know what you mean mine still got "cardiff audi" they need to be changed...I'm not getting paid for this advertisement lol! Hmm im sure some of us (well all of us) can you give you suggestions:sly: lol

I do love Audi's and especially S3's but no I've gotta sell the 8L, yer I love Imola yellow but don't think it suits the 8P, in yellow they just don't look aggressive enough and that was the look I was going for.

Was thinking of getting some pressed plates, always fancied the German ones. Will have a look over the forum and see what looks good and what looks crap lol