Map lights...

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hello, after reading a thread on here a few weeks ago about the map reading lights i thought, I wouldnt mind them, as you do...Anyway I now have 2 sets of map lights, the only problem being they are a very dark grey not the light grey like the one withought the map lights id be replacing. The question is then, does the map light come in the light grey? Im going to have to put the two I have on ebay along with the old interior light I had lying around too....

This is what I mean....
photo-1.jpg

Sorry i cant answer your question but i have a question for you :) Do you have the part number for the dark unit with the map lights as mines like your light grey one but dark and without map lights.

Uh the only thing that slightly resembes a part number is this 8ED 947 135 j E3 there are Audi stamps on it and part numbers on various other components within the unit itself... This one will be back on ebay shortly if your interested?

The dark one that you have bought is for an S-line car as they have dark headliner which would match the darker colour map light unit

What year is your car? As i have a 2006 A3 S-line and would be well interested in this

Sorry mate just noticed that the unit doesn't have the ambient lighting LED's so not the one im after, good luck with the ebay sale

Smoothie, ambient lighting LED's are very easy to add to these consoles, so don't rule it out.

£10 for the LED unit which clips in and a 6mm drill bit for the holes (that's what I used anyway)

Do the LEDs go in the middle towards the edge nearest to the windscreen? If they do that would explain what the to circle guides are for are the inner part of the plastic cover?
interiorcover.jpg

yea mate thats were the LED's go closest the windscreen, but the map light unit can be bought from audi with the ambient lighting already present for about £75 so you need to be giving yours away lol

I am MGZSGTI on ebay... I just bought the light from the audi dealer in the light grey with the ambient lights, its £81.92 which included some cap which I didnt need. if anyones interested then I believe the part number is this (From the invoice) V8EO 947 135 D9 NQ , this is the light grey.