LCR 345mm brakes

Matt_

Reaction score
Ok, im sick of the brakes on my TDi, as im sure many owners are aware, there CRAP!

so found the part numbers for the set up on the R32, as below, thanks Kaz 219...

1. - brake caliper left blue > 1K0 615 123 G
- brake caliper right blue > 1K0 615 124 G
- caliper carrier blue > 1K0 615 125 F
- retaining spring > 4F0 615 269
- brake disc ventilated 345x30 5/112 > 1K0 615 301 M
- splash shield for brake disc left > 1K0 615 311 C
- splash shield for brake disc right > 1K0 615 312 C
- brake pads with wear indicator > 1K0 698 151 B
- hexagonal head bolt M8x12 > N 907 186 02
- brake hose > 1K0 611 701 N
- brake pipe hose from brake hose to piston housing left > 1K0 611 763 A
- brake pipe hose from brake hose to piston housing right > 1K0 611 764 A
- retaining clip > 191 611 715
- bracket for brake hose left > 1K0 611 841 A
- bracket for brake hose right > 1K0 611 842 A

Any Any other bits ill need?

AAaAND, ill be ordering it all from SEAT, so is it all these part numbers? or am i going to have to ask for the parts and let them find the numbers???

Reareadding on abit in the thread it says to just pick which caliper you want... So the LCR caliper will fit the R32 carriers, brake lines ect ect??

Aanand i assumer im going to have to get 18" wheels first?

Ggogot a nice collection of bits pilling up, will fit them all in a day at a freindly garage who let me use there ramps!! :eyebrows:

Wow thats going to cost a whack if you are buying new. Theres a full set on ebay at the moment, fronts and rears for £650

The part numbers will have different suffixes at the Seat dealer but the main number will be the same, the parts guy will just bring u the correct EKTA page for the brakes and tell you all the bits you need.

Sweet! Cheers, Do i have to do the rears aswell? can i not just change the front or does that un settle the car to much?

On the orignal thread, it said seat do the whole lot for £550, i get 15% discount on that due to where i work. Am going to pop over at lunch and get a price on the fronts. Will have to get another quote if i need to do the rears aswell.

Do i need 18" wheels? or will they clear the 17" sports? :S

Also if it helps lots of other models use these calipers, the A4 and A6 Allroad being one.

May be a cheaper source if you end up buying used, I think I paid £40-ish per corner at a breakers!

There will be alot of pedal travel due to the size of the pistons, this setup will be better with S3 rears.

Ok, well ill have a look at getting them aswell. I cudnt use the LCR rear set up?

Will post up how much SEAT charge for it all new in an hour or so, going to walk over the road at lunch.

My 2010 S3 (345mm and 310mm front and rear) brakes are for sale presently :) PM me if anyone's interested! I also have brand new front splash guards and front hoses!

was sold a dream:banghead:, no where near £550 for full set from SEAT. Calipers are £341 each.

Not sure why i believed it having had brembro's on a track car!

anyway, once ive got the money waiting PM's will be sent :icon_thumright:

Cheers Guys!

sounds abit more sensible! Cheers eddyd.