Finally got my A3

Doms

Reaction score
I finally got my MY11 A3 this week and really happy with it including the twin exhausts and the new chrome bits but I do have a question.

One of my options was the technology pack, using the MFSW it has SDS for the phone but doesn't seem to work for anything else (Sat Nav/Media) is this right, if so can be be upgraded?

Cheers,

Dom.

You need sds software to enable voice control on the sat rnse.

However, i'm not sure if it is available yet for the new my11 rnse

thanks for the quick replies, I did read on hear that the SDS isn't compatible with the 2011 model yet however it is still listed in the manual.

5040361360_6c678a48cf_z.jpg

5039741749_8967858dfe_z.jpg

5040361954_9e28d7f4e5_z.jpg

5039742303_9a3d3a6dc2_z.jpg

Last edited:
no offence but i am not your friend now. lol very nice

Some bad points buying new but am jealous,nice

Unfortunately the full SDS system for controlling stuff other than the phone isn't available on on the A3, something to do with the microphone being connected directly to the bluetooth module under the passenger seat, rather than to the RNS-E itself.

On the subject of the exhaust - does this mean all the MY11 TDI170s will still get twin pipes? I thought they were going to be using gay single ones from now on?

Unfortunately the full SDS system for controlling stuff other than the phone isn't available on on the A3, something to do with the microphone being connected directly to the bluetooth module under the passenger seat, rather than to the RNS-E itself.

On the subject of the exhaust - does this mean all the MY11 TDI170s will still get twin pipes? I thought they were going to be using gay single ones from now on?

Thanks for the info. In regards to your question, the 170's do have twin pipes, it's a bit dark but you can see the exhaust in my pictures above.

Dom.

be careful with your phrasing. it may offend someone.

anyway, i think the 1.8T, 2.0T and 2.0TDI 170 all have twin pipes