How much for an Audi extended warranty S3 ?

brads

Reaction score
How much does it cost for an Audi extended warranty on an S3 after the 3 years has run out?

Thanks

I don't know about the S3 but when my car was three years old Audi quoted my parents ( they owned it then) around £800 for a year. That is a lot of money and so we didn't bother as we figured you would be unlucky to have to spend that on the car especially when it's only got 20k on it and owned from new....

That's about right.. but it does include 'free' (European) Breakdown cover. The big debate is do yopu buy the Breakdown cover circa £150-£200 and chance your arm on not having problems. Apparently if you have full Audi FSH you may get an Audi contribution to any costs in yr 4 if the mileage is reasonable, I am not sure I would chance my arm though!!

I brought my 3 year old Audi S4 Cab from a main dealer, they included 1 years extended Audi Warranty in the sale. The service you get when you have an Audi warranty is second to none....however after one year I looked at renewing. You have to do this before it runs out, and you have to approach them, they will not remind you.

So are you ready for this .....4 year old Audi 4.2 S4 Cab, with full Audi Service History - renewal cost £1800!!!

It that worth free European Breakdown?

One phone call to WarrantyDirect, identical same cover apart from £75 excess = £850....Take your pick

Galps

I've just gone through this myself - my 2007 S3 renewal from Audi was £800 inc breakdown.

Got a quote from Warranty Direct, the top cover they provide including breakdown for £590 which can also be transfered to a new owner when i sell the car, so i went them instead.

HTH

they will not remind you.

they reminded me? but mine was bought from new. dunno if that makes a difference. if you build a new A3 online i think there's an extended warranty option at the very end. that'll give you a rough guide i'd imagine.

don't call warranty direct unless you're very serious. they harrass you afterwards if you don't sign on the dotted line right away.

Ive just had a quote.
£800 upto 15K miles
£1000 unlimited miles.

Beware though, there are exceptions as these so called extended warranties are NOT AUDI warrnties. They are underwritten by Mondial Insurance and `endorsed` by AUDI.

Some of the exceptions are. Trim parts (squeeks & rattles), clutch, `certain` electrical and wiring faults, adjustmenst such as dropped doors and subsequent seal damage. Among others.

You have to to tease this information out of them as they are not at all forthcoming.
Needless to say I declined.

Cheers
Paul

The warranty from Warranty Direct on my 2005 reg 2.0 TDi Sport with 66k on the clock cost £306. Took this out when I bought the car last December but fortunately have not needed to test the service !

Didn't think that was bad considering the cost of Audi repairs and also it covers anything required to pass the MOT.

However, at that mileage the cover is 100% labour and 90% parts cost. Now over 70k parts contribution drops to 80%. Over 100k it drops to 50% for parts but is still 100% labour and that is stated as being at a 'Franchised Dealer'

I will renew provided the premium hasn't gone through the roof !

The warranty from Warranty Direct on my 2005 reg 2.0 TDi Sport with 66k on the clock cost £306. Took this out when I bought the car last December but fortunately have not needed to test the service !

Didn't think that was bad considering the cost of Audi repairs and also it covers anything required to pass the MOT.

However, at that mileage the cover is 100% labour and 90% parts cost. Now over 70k parts contribution drops to 80%. Over 100k it drops to 50% for parts but is still 100% labour and that is stated as being at a 'Franchised Dealer'

I will renew provided the premium hasn't gone through the roof !

I discussed 3rd party warranties with AUDI and they stated that `most` could not be accomodated and said that NONE will cover the cost of diagnostics.
They went on to say that the cars owner would have to pay AUDI for any work undertaken and claim the cost back yourself as they will not do it on your behalf.

Basically they will not be particulalrly supportive unless its a pretend AUDI Warranty (Mondial policy) purchased through AUDI.

This is the first time Ive looked into extended warranties and was pretty shocked by AUDIs hardball position.

***, even the Koreans are offerring 7 year warranties on their budget stuff and yet AUDI cant even offer a propper 4th year cover like for like with the first 3., even for £1000 !!!:scared2:
Cheers
Paul

One of the main reasons I'm going away from Audi.

They wanted £1800 per year for a yrs extended warrenty..... No thanks....

One of the main reasons I'm going away from Audi.

They wanted £1800 per year for a yrs extended warrenty..... No thanks....

Couldn't agree with you more, I have always been sceptical about extended warranties. Had them in the past with other makes of cars and its quite difficult to claim. Just wondered how much and are Audi any good. At prices of over £800 I will take the risk.

Shocking though, at these prices you could say they are not confident in there product......

Yeah at £1800 it's worth swapping the car imo. Can get M5's and M6's warrentys for cheaper than a 3.2 A3......

I know this won't help but I am paying £520 for TWO years extension of the 3 year warranty to a 5 year warranty from Audi when I ordered my new car. Maybe this deal is only available when you first buy the car ..?

I know this won't help but I am paying £520 for TWO years extension of the 3 year warranty to a 5 year warranty from Audi when I ordered my new car. Maybe this deal is only available when you first buy the car ..?

Very cheap, result.

Although its not strictly a continuation of the manufacturers 3 yr cover however it would seem to be the next best thing. At a price that is.

My fingers are my warranty, in a crossed configuration.

cheers
Paul

Yep , thats what I thought , With all that technology it won;t take long to eat up £500 if something goes wrong. I have also taken out the 5 year service plan. at £35 a month is a bit pricey , but again have found in the past this can help if you have issues at a later stage ...

Yes 1 and 2 year extensions from Audi are when ordering a car new though this is a recent thing they are doing in the last couple of years....

***, even the Koreans are offerring 7 year warranties on their budget stuff and yet AUDI cant even offer a propper 4th year cover like for like with the first 3

i don't think it'll be too long before 5 year warranty is standard. that's the way the market's headed by the looks of things. i hate the disposability of cars these days anyway. 3 year old cars absolutely should not be having things going wrong with them.

I looked at audi's warranty as mine was up last week. Theres so many things it doesn't cover it's not worth it.

After lots of looking the best quote i could get for cover was Warranty Direct but at almost £700 i thought i'd just chance it.

However i called Warranty direct and after not a lot of haggling i had them down to £480 for extra care on a 57 plate S3 with 32k miles on the clock. I did opt for non-franchise dealers, but thats fine with me, the dealership option was only about £550.

They cover far more than Audi (sorry i mean Mondial)....worth the call if your looking.

Click for warranty also came up cheap at £600 for 2 years but cover is greatly reduced.

Just wish they'd offered the cheap extended option when it was bought new....

I received a reminder letter from Audi today that my 2007 S3 warranty expires next month (I bought it used last year so they added to the 3 year warranty with their 12 month approved used warranty). I will ring at the weekend just our of curiosity but from the prices above, I suspect I will be taking out the same warranty as Paul !!

I think Audi quoated me around 600-700 for renewal. I wasn't sure if it was transferable to the new owner, but I made sure all my warranty issues were sorted before the date ran out!

OK checked my order , it was £535 for a 5 year 90,000 mile warranty. Seems a bargain to me , particularly as it covers all models. Though as some one has already said Toyota now give 5 years , Vauxhall lifetime of first owner, Kia 7 years , it seems this is becoming more of a standard. I think the VW extended warranty is fairly cheap now as well. I viewed it as a total package of what a car would cost me for 5 years with extended warranty and service plan for 5 years. The service plan seems a bit expensive . the 3 year is £25 a month and the 5 year £35 an month, MOT's free of course. I am assuming there is a bigger services around year 4/5. In my mind I now have a car covered on all bases except tyres ,etc.

Years ago I had a Discovery and when it got to three years old the extended warranty was so expensive I sold the car ! I seem to remember around £1500 a year in year 4 and 5.

i don't think it'll be too long before 5 year warranty is standard. that's the way the market's headed by the looks of things. i hate the disposability of cars these days anyway. 3 year old cars absolutely should not be having things going wrong with them.

100% agree that such highly engineered modern cars become a potential hot potato at only 3 yrs old.

In fact Im taking a mate to Leeds on Sat to pick up a 3 yr old Alfa 159 2.4TD with all of the toys, 1 owner, 30K miles etc..., apparently its a £27K car when new, and its up for 9K!!! Yes, 9K !!!
Yeah, I know its an Alfa and carries a reliability stigma but if it still had 2years warranty on it I bet you could add 3-4K to that price.

I cant believe Im worried about a 3 yr old premium brand car with less than 30K on the clock that is still worth the best part of 20K!

Cheers
Paul

I have an update on S3 extended warranties. I received a reminder letter from Audi a couple of days ago telling me my Audi Approved Guarantee expires soon. My car is a May 2007 S3 with 49,000 miles on it now. The warranty expires later this month, as I bought it last October and got the 12 month Audi Approved warranty.

As of yesterday, they now offer different options for the extended warranty:

You can have 'Comprehensive' (which covers mechanical and electrical - parts and labour) or 'Named Components' (which covers mechanical only - parts and labour).

You can also choose an excess of £0, £100 or £250.

Finally, you can choose up to 15k miles a year or unlimited.

I got the following quotes (all based on up to 15k miles):

Comprehensive with £250 excess was £403 (or £440 including Audi roadside assistance)
Comprehensive with £100 excess was £512
Named Components with £250 excess was £321.

Not sure any of them are worth it to be honest?

Thanks for the update, so in a nutshell for 1 year it will cost you either £653 or £612 if you make a claim. Which using my car as an example you will be...... And at over £600 a year, I am not sure its good value. Especially as the Mondial Insurance warranty won't be anywhere near as the manufactures. The next question is what is good value, I was thinking of around £300 to £400 really as they should be very confident that there product won't commonly fail just after 3 years old. That's with no excess

Value? Now there's the nub of the problem. If my turbo or engine went, then the £600+ would seem good value for money, but if only something small happens it won't !

What price peace of mind? I'm thinking £600+ is too expensive and will just hope for the best.

***, even the Koreans are offerring 7 year warranties on their budget stuff and yet AUDI cant even offer a propper 4th year cover like for like with the first 3., even for £1000 !!!:scared2:
That's because the Koreans have to in order to sell cars. Audi don't.

That's because the Koreans have to in order to sell cars. Audi don't.

Fair point, I was in Korea twice last year, they have the worst looking cars on the planet. The exec models are very nice inside but have the naffest styling.
SAMSUNG, yes Samsung are a major car brand over there, iirc its a venture between the massive Samsung organisation and Puegeot. But they dont appear on the European market. Thankfully...

Still reckon `German build quality` should carry confidence sufficient to offer extended warranties.

Paul

Well I've run two A3s for a total of seven years now and, given the number of issues I've had, I can see why they don't want to offer extended warranties tbh. Still love the cars but the number of problems they seem to have is beyond a joke.

Well I've run two A3s for a total of seven years now and, given the number of issues I've had, I can see why they don't want to offer extended warranties tbh. Still love the cars but the number of problems they seem to have is beyond a joke.

Mmm, now I have just ordered my first Audi. As our car is mainly driven by the wife with the kids , so reliability is the number one point. I have had Nissans, VW's and a Honda which have been great cars. I have also had some really bad cars (ford and vauxhall). I have started seeing reader reveiws complaining about poor reliabilty of the A3 and begining to wonder if I should have gone for a Golf after all. I was going to go for a Golf GTD , but the wife said it was boring and preferred the A3. So I thought what the hell we will go for the Quattro The Audi is supposed to be better than the golf (build quality ,etc) so I am a little confused if it is less reliable. I am glad now I have taken the 5 year warranty !

I was a little annoyed over the extended warranty, if you order a new car to be built, the cost of the extended warranty is very good, to add another couple of years, but if you buy a new car that has been built and and ordered by one of the dealers, they cannot offer an extended warranty on that car. god only knows why, cos the dealer did not.

Hi Brett. That is true, we have ordered an extra (4th) year for £235 - discount! To buy a 4th year on our current A3SB now is £880. ****** rip off. Dealer doesn't know why and we speculated that they must go down a different production line and be subject to tighter QC !! (Joking in part but in the 60's I believe Wolseley (BMC?) had a 1500 'Fleet' model which was rather less well specified.)

Mmm, now I have just ordered my first Audi. As our car is mainly driven by the wife with the kids , so reliability is the number one point. I have had Nissans, VW's and a Honda which have been great cars. I have also had some really bad cars (ford and vauxhall). I have started seeing reader reveiws complaining about poor reliabilty of the A3 and begining to wonder if I should have gone for a Golf after all. I was going to go for a Golf GTD , but the wife said it was boring and preferred the A3. So I thought what the hell we will go for the Quattro The Audi is supposed to be better than the golf (build quality ,etc) so I am a little confused if it is less reliable. I am glad now I have taken the 5 year warranty !

you're aware that the mechanicals of the Golf and A3 are identical? they share engines, gearboxes, brakes, suspension bits etc

100% agree that such highly engineered modern cars become a potential hot potato at only 3 yrs old.

In fact Im taking a mate to Leeds on Sat to pick up a 3 yr old Alfa 159 2.4TD with all of the toys, 1 owner, 30K miles etc..., apparently its a £27K car when new, and its up for 9K!!! Yes, 9K !!!
Yeah, I know its an Alfa and carries a reliability stigma but if it still had 2years warranty on it I bet you could add 3-4K to that price.

I cant believe Im worried about a 3 yr old premium brand car with less than 30K on the clock that is still worth the best part of 20K!

Cheers
Paul

haha i bought my car from your neck of the woods, and your mate will (hopefully) be buying his from mine! happy hunting!

you're aware that the mechanicals of the Golf and A3 are identical? they share engines, gearboxes, brakes, suspension bits etc
Yep , that is what I do not understand , surely they should be just as reliable.. Though maybe it is also to do with the dealer network ? Years ago I went to buy a M class Mercedes when they came out , but the dealers were so awful I went and bought a Discovery instead..