AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Suspension & Ride Quality

Evening People,

Looking for a bit of advise, I have been noticing recently my car is handling like a bit of a dog. It not as smooth as normal and feels like it's on ice when going round corners.

The car has dunlop sp sports on the front almost brand new, part worn michelin pilot sport & a conti sport on the back. I know having 3 different Tyres doesn't help much, I do plan to replace these but have a few questions:

1. What's are the best Tyres in terms of value for money against performance?
    2. Should i look at replacing bushes?
    3. Would beefing up the arb's front and back help?
    4. Spacers on the back?
    5. Whiteline bump steer correction, what is this?
    6. Full laser allignment and set up?

Sorry for all the questions, as my old man says there's no stupid question if you don't know the answers!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    i'd look at bushes and arb links first. Also check for a broken spring, you may be suprised how long this can go unnoticed. If everythings ok sort the odd tyres, matching all 4 wont make any difference but fitting them in pairs will!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

events moderator

Status
    first thing to do is get the tracking done as this can seriously affect the handling of a car
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    If you say it has only just started handling like this, was it ok before this?

If that is the case, then you need to find out what has happened/broken first, before you think about chucking arbs etc on.

Like lee said, look for broken springs and visually check all the suspension components including the tyres for any obvious damaged.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not sure if it's just the changing of the weather that's making me notice it more. It was my old man that noticed it at first, so I compared his a4 to mines and he was right there's definitely something not quite there!

Thanks for the advise i'm going to give the car a good wash this weekend, I'll get her jacked up and have a look about.

It was at Audi in may and they done a "health check" everything came back green.

6th Gear

Status
    tyres wise just before i swapped my 1.6 for a 2.0T i put Cooper Zeon CS6s on. can't comment on the tyre life because i didn't have it long enough but it totally transformed the way the car rode and handled.

i've got Toyo Proxes T1-Rs on now and love those. someone else said they're really soft and he only got 6000mi out of his, but i've done 6000mi now and checked the tread and there's absolutely loads left on the fronts and the rears look as new. i'll rotate them soon as i do this regularly and they should last me ages.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    Maybe try this kit out.

Fourtitude.com - DBC Tuning: Suspension/Front End Refresh Kits Are In Stock

It might be costly, but I think it has everything to basically 'renew' the suspension components.
    2010, Matte White Spray/Coated - Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI DSG
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

Reverse Gear

Status
    That looks like an awesome solution, will get new Tyres on the shopping list first then look at the front end refurb kit.

Thanks

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    tyres wise just before i swapped my 1.6 for a 2.0T i put Cooper Zeon CS6s on. can't comment on the tyre life because i didn't have it long enough but it totally transformed the way the car rode and handled.

i've got Toyo Proxes T1-Rs on now and love those. someone else said they're really soft and he only got 6000mi out of his, but i've done 6000mi now and checked the tread and there's absolutely loads left on the fronts and the rears look as new. i'll rotate them soon as i do this regularly and they should last me ages.
    im guilty, thought id mention sub... that was on a 240bhp FWD Cooper S!! which wheelspan through 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd..

great tyre though.. and fairly priced too!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon