EM TuningChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status

Help: Audi Black Logos, Removal (Front/Back)

So I received my black rings in the mail today and I'm wondering how do I remove the front emblem? Do I need to remove the front bumper?

As for the back, I think I'll get some dental floss and a hair dryer to remove it.

Pic of my car:

Pic of the rings:

(The interior is my other car)
    Last edited by xnox202; 27th September 2010 at 13:09.
    2010, Matte White Spray/Coated - Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI DSG
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

Full speed ahead

Status
    Nice! Where did you buy the black ones from? Link?

Removing the rear one is easy. I used fishing wire to pull the boot badges off, then thinners to clean the sticky foam off.
    Removing the front one is hard enough with the grill off - about ten press fit clips to prise open, then it pops out. I'd say you'd risk damaging the grill if you attack it on the car. But I'm sure someone has a technique for doing it...
    Daytona RS4 Avant :: black optics

1st Gear

Status
    Check eBay ID: DUBSTOP INTERNATIONAL items - Get great deals on VW Jetta MK4, VW Golf MK4 items on eBay Stores! (Dubstop-international)

Can someone chime in some info for the front emblems? Guess it seems like I'll be removing my front bumpers?
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

Full speed ahead

Status
    Thanks for the link.

Re. front rings, probably going to be quicker with the bumper off unless you can loosen the top grille bolts and get a screwdriver down the gap to prise off the clips?
    Daytona RS4 Avant :: black optics

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok well as far as i gather it goes like this, you can remove the top section of the bumper and pull it forward and if you have strong hands pop out the existing rings, THERE IS A BIG CHANCE OF BREAKING THE GRILL!

General concuss is that the 20 min's worth of front bumper removal is a far better option so thats what i would advise.

Rear is as you say, heat it up, wriggle it and it should come off, dental floss will help but should not be needed so much if you heat it well. make sure you have some good pressure on the removed one for a good while after.

Oh and please let me know how the back ones stick as i have some here ready to go on when i have time, was pondering if i should get some 3M emblem Adhesive but will wait and see how yours stick first if thats ok.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Didnt even loosen the grill or remove the bumper. Used a tiny thin screwdriver and nails and did it from the front very carefully. Could have been easier for me as mine had already been off the car! Not saying this will work for others and may break, but I was lucky.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks everyone. I will try the steps suggested and figure it out from there. I might do a DIY so it'll help others aswell in the future. Stay tuned.

1st Gear

Status
    Okay I'm back so I tried removing the top section of the bumper but there's no way I could get it off without probably removing some hidden screws to the bumper. Simply, I can't remove it.

So it was option #2 with Sarah's Suggestion and it was about 5 minute job for the front! The rear took quite awhile (Hair Drying, Floss, Polish/Wax, etc). Here's the results:

The OEM Rings:

I need a good carwash but the weather's not very promising lately.

Neutral

Status
    Is that a black numberplate at the back? Don't let the police see you.....
    On the driveway:
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi (140) Black Edition (Ibis White)
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Delivered on 5th November 2010

1st Gear

Status
    I live in Brunei mate. It's mandatory to have black plates,

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratts View Post
    Is that a black numberplate at the back? Don't let the police see you.....
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    That'll teach me to try and be clever.
    On the driveway:
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi (140) Black Edition (Ibis White)
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Delivered on 5th November 2010

Fossie

Status
    Nice job, but to me, it looks like the rear rings are not centralised with the number plate

Must be an optical illusion surely ?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Hey looking good, glad my suggestion helped and saved time!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Call me Dan :)

Status
    The rear one seems align with the rear wiper though, must say, did you not like the look when there was no badge on the rear? As I think it would look awesome on a black car

Danny.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

2nd Gear

Status
    So the adhesive on the supplied ones worked a treat?

Looks cool!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok so i need a long thin screwdriver and Sarah!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, well it worked and got his rings off pretty fast too! lol

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratts View Post
    That'll teach me to try and be clever.
    Lol No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Nice job, but to me, it looks like the rear rings are not centralised with the number plate

Must be an optical illusion surely ?

I think it's optical illusion cause despite getting the OEM Rings off, there's a little mark left by the old adhesive so I used that to align the black rings perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Hey looking good, glad my suggestion helped and saved time!
    Yeap, but it was rather quite tricky really not to damage the grille.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The rear one seems align with the rear wiper though, must say, did you not like the look when there was no badge on the rear? As I think it would look awesome on a black car

Danny.
    I did took a beat looking without the badge, but I bought the black rings for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_C View Post
    So the adhesive on the supplied ones worked a treat?

Looks cool!
    Not quite sure how long they'll last but they seem quite sticky!

Thanks everyone for the comments. Glad everyone's liking it (or not too), lol.

events moderator

Status
    looks top mate ive done mine in gloss black front and rear but am thinking of getting matte rings
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The rear one seems align with the rear wiper though, must say,
    I agree. Looks fine to me fella. !!

Sarah, that is pretty impressive skills to get the Front badge off like that . Misspent youth ? LMFAO

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie123 View Post
    I agree. Looks fine to me fella. !!

Sarah, that is pretty impressive skills to get the Front badge off like that . Misspent youth ? LMFAO
    lmfao @ scott

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    haa haa noooo, I like to tinker! Why make things harder if there is an easier way! lol

events moderator

Status
    hahaha !!

Interior Next!!

Status
    this has decided it for me... black rings ftw..
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    Post some pics if you do! Would love to see how it would look like on the S3 grilles.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Heres my black ones on the S3 grill before I changed them to match my alloys and mirrors as tbh it looked like they had been pinched in black lol

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xnox202 View Post
    Post some pics if you do! Would love to see how it would look like on the S3 grilles.
    will do me me old mukka
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    Heres my black ones on the S3 grill before I changed them to match my alloys and mirrors as tbh it looked like they had been pinched in black lol

Looks really nice!

2nd Gear

Status
    Grr if it wasn't raining id go do mine...

events moderator

Status
    im thinking of doing my front badge in a different colour the back one looks great against the red paint but the front one isnt doing it for me on my car it just looks as if its not there

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fnmrst View Post
    im thinking of doing my front badge in a different colour the back one looks great against the red paint but the front one isnt doing it for me on my car it just looks as if its not there
    Thats why I did mine Anthracite in the end Fran, looked like it wasnt there!

events moderator

Status
    Thats why I did mine Anthracite in the end Fran, looked like it wasnt there!
    yeah i agree sarah lol yours do look much better now any sugestions for my fronts rings colour wise as i can do them any colour i want thanks to having a endless colour book in work

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Tough one that Fran. Maybe anthracite but a slightly darker shade, a few shades lighter than the black, but with plenty of particles in.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm going to go for the elephant in the room and say do them Red. its your cars theme colour so whats the problem.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hmm actually red may look too much, what do you think?

events moderator

Status
    yeah im not too sure about red rings i think that would look tacky as fook maybe a met black or dark grey same as the wheels hhmmmm

2nd Gear

Status
    Right finally got mine done too,

Broke the rear ones taking them off, dam they were stuck on well!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Very nice Richy! Lovely car, esp the roof!

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    love the white and black theme Richy!
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast