Yellow a3 tdi 140 newbie. Advice and questions

aterro

S3 YO
Reaction score
Hello
I have a 54 plate yellow a3 140 tdi

Just a few queries.

The paint is faded in areas eg wing to door.
Is the paint like a single coat once faded no chance of getting it back?
Or can someone recommend something? Eg machine polish?

When started from cold it's sounds like a tractor. Alot more than it used to?

Performance mods

A remap? Wat figure will I expect after? Worth it?
Some of the radio buttons have worn. Can you buy new ones?
Air filters.
A worthy mod? Or does it make the car wooshy wooshy?
What would you recommend?

I appreciate your response nd help. I would search but my iPhone isn't brilliant for searching.

Thanks.
Regards

Welcome to the site.

Could try some buffing litely see if it comes back up, could be just needs a good polish cause of dull lacquer, but ask the guys in the detailing section on that one mate.

Has it changed sound since weather changed?

Remap yes would be a worthy thing, go from 140 -180/185, but what mileage has it got as can bring out worn areas of the engine, like turbo clogging, heads crack, so beware, but alot have done including myself on 2 x 2.0 tdi's now, I know a very reputable guy who can do for you, where in UK?

Get a replacement radio, unless you can find a faulty one on ebay & swap buttons over or upgrade your system to the sat nav, PM me if interested as I do fair few mods to these cars.

Air filter, nah stock for your setup is perfectly fine mate.

& yes iphone sucks huh lol.

Hello nhn. Thanks for that.
I've just hit 95k?
I'm just wanting abit more fun without the hassle of changing cars.
I'm based in Leicestershire.
Well the car was fine. But it started makin the noise in the winter and still does now. It's only when cold?

Yep iPhone browsing is horrible but better than nothing till my sky account changed over.

How much is a replacement radio?
Is a bigger intercoooler a good idea?
Is a forge 007p best recirc?
If I did want abit more turbo noise would a filter be a good idea ??

AFAIK your car doesnt have a secondary air pump, as etka doesnt show for the 2.0 tdi, which is what I'd blame the louder noise, when cold, down to.

Radio would be down to what you want to do, same or upgrade.

Intercooler upgrade pointless on your car, its not needed, stock flows sufficient cooled air & I have a hybrid turbo & is stock IC.

Forge 007p on the 2.0 tdi, there isnt one.

Why would you wanna hear your turbo more, its a diesel not a ferrari mate lol, you wont drone out the derv noise, accept it & enjoy more mog :p

Haha.
Didn't want to drown out the derv. Just help it with a bit of whistle lol

So there's no upgraded recirc?? Would a panel filter be a good idea?

Have you got any pics of the satnav hu you fit??

Thanks dude

ag_07a3_mmi.jpg

There are a few incarnations of that nav, newer one has alum/chrome knobs & the latest has a much better res screen, faster nav, larger sd card usage & proper ipod integration with the right parts but is twice as much, but all units do look lovely when in the car & tbh cant be beaten for integration with the car systems, coupled with multifunction steering wheel, bluetooth system, cant do better.

Last thing you wanna hear from the turbo is the whistle lol.

BH the stock filter is proven to be very good,but a green filter is cheap enough & apparently worthy.

Last edited:
Please PM me as we dont discuss this on the open forum mate, happy answer in pm's. :)