Removing Rear Wiper, and Where to buy the bung? help :)

Seaneylad

Reaction score
Hey new to all audi stuff at the moment, just like to check as its a it different to a fez

i did it to my old fiesta etc, was a case of removing boot plastic, unbolting, fitting bung, tape up connection - job done

is it the same with the audi? cause any problems, errors message? or anything?

also were can i buy the right bung, what is the size etc? thanks in advance,

No error messages. Hardest part is getting the trim off the inside of the boot. Remove the two screws and pull from the top like hell, there is about 6 clips to pull our. Then it's 3 bolts for the wiper motor and one bolt on the wiper blade.

aahh ok, which ones are best?

im going to be getting windows tinted soon,
should i go for a black one or for a glass one? thanks

i know this is probably a stupid question but i like the idea of doing this myself to my A3 8P :) but i was wondering if i have to somehow "block" the line taking water to the back wiper somehow or does it not function once the wiper motor is off? thanks in advance for answering my very silly/noob question ^_^

Not a silly question at all - don't know the answer personally but I would imagine that if I didn't have a rear wiper then I wouldn't press the stalk to try and get it to work !:think:

Bung the pipe and Bob's your uncle :thumbsup:

just my a3 seems to use the rear wiper blade on its own when i got the front ones running and reversing, tbh i never ever have used the read wiper souly on its own and same with the water xD haha just wondering if i acidently pressed it while cleaning the inside of the car will i end up with a wet boot where all the water is just leaking all over the place you get me? lol

plug the pipe, and then disable the function in VagCom incase you hit it by accident

plug the pipe, and then disable the function in VagCom incase you hit it by accident

thanks Smoothie :) so any ideas on what to plug it with :S haha also to disable it i will have to go to a garage then ? :S sorry im really new to this xD haha only done simple things like wheels and lights swaps :( xx

Plug it with a golf tee and yes, you will have to go to a VAG approved garage to have the function switched off (£60 ish ) or you could go to any post on here by NHN who has a link to a geographical list of members who have VCDS which is the kit necessary to do it.

If you see one of these guys near to you they will do it for, probably for a pint and a sandwich !

Good luck !

It isn't as simple as turning the function off with vagcom, do that and it changes all sorts of wiper functions (try it, you'll be surprised how difficult it is to get your wipers to do what you want).

I'd go the more finished route, and replace the wiper stalk with one from a TT.

thank you everyone for your help with this :) just a silly thought but could i just take the fuse out for the rear wiper to stop any problems with accidently pressing the stalk? and put in the gold tee for the water as i think that runs on a different fuse?

Did I misunderstand ? If you take the wiper motor out altogether i.e. no wiper motor, then why would you need to take the fuse out ?

Fuse or not- no motor, it can't work ! :faint:

Not sure whether the washer runs from the same fuse but if you bung it with your 'gold' (f) tee then nothing will come out anyway !

Or am I being simple ?????:think:

I know this is a bit late but most car part retailers sell universal gromits for £1.49 for a two pack. They are 1" and fit perfect on an a3. Found this out when my wiper motor went so decided to skimp and loose it! Does look better though ;).

I know this is a bit late but most car part retailers sell universal gromits for £1.49 for a two pack. They are 1" and fit perfect on an a3. Found this out when my wiper motor went so decided to skimp and loose it! Does look better though ;).

Yeah a bit late for me as i gone for the german site ones and got the glue etc all with it :) anoyingly i found it alot harder than i throught to actually get the wiper "off" compared to my old car and even my VW caddy van lol then again being a modern car i guess thats expected but i have got it off filled the hole, plugged the water line and for now removed the rear wiper fuse. Also if i get enough money sorted getting a Audi TT wiper stick aswell but for now im very happy with it :D and i will post some pics up once i get them on the pc as it seems to be a marmite mod where some people LOVE it and others HATE it (example, mum and dad think im a idiot and all my mates think its awesome xD)

Tell me about it! My mam and dad think i am insane..... Oh well lol ........i haven't taken fuse out yet but have sealed pipe with screw + sealent, and taken off the annoyingly stiff wiper with help from ease-it oil!
Is it worth taking the fuse out??? Cheers

e3e21715.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but want to keep mine! If i sell the car, will be going back on!

If you near Manchester there is a good audi breakers in Oldham.

Cheers.

no,probs.........mine got a little bit broke just underneath where the spring sits,still works but its no longer pressed against the screen,20 quid gets me a new one from euro,i just thort as u guys aint gona use it,a tenner would do it.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I am after doing the same , just Bung shopping now. Is the hole 25mm or 28mm ?
Thanks

/edit, just realized this is the wrong forum, meant for 8L (Google brought me here, oops)