REMAP AT 120,000 ??

ollie-tdi-sport

Reaction score
Hi guys , got my a3 53plate , was previously a company car so has 120,000 miles but with full main dealer audi service history and has had the cambelt change etc , its a 140bhp 2.0tdi sport .... is it a bad idea to have it mapped ? few people said go for it but one lad said its a bad idea to mapp a car with 120,000 ? can anyone shed any light ?

hes talking gac mate i got mine done at 117.000 miles and theres 121.000 on it now and its sweet. i must say be carefull who you get to do it cause if its done wrong your in the ****. all wheelspin and no go as they say..

If it has a fault just under the surface then a remap will bring it out :) Is it on its original clutch for example ?

not really i got mine remapped twice cause the first time it was boosting far to early it just came in with a bang and before you knew it you were in fith gear. if it had of stayed like that i would have needed a new clutch soon. the second time i got it done i told him to calm it down a bit so as it didnt take off like a rocket so he did it for me and now its very smooth but it still has a nice kick.