Should I go from my A4 to an A3

jeepnut

Reaction score
I'm new here but I have an 02 A4 Quattro with the 1.8t. We leased the vehical and the lease will be up @ the begining of August. We are trying to decide what to by and I see that the A3 is comming to the states. I like the looks of the 2.0t FSI but I am not sure when it will be avalible with Quattro. My question is how much smaller is the A3 than the A4? Also does any one have any idea how the price will compair between the two?

Thanks for your help

If you dont have rear seat passengers, not much but a bit of a squeeze getting people in the back of the 3 door. Boot is a lot smaller too although you do get the height with the hatchback.
I prefer my 3.2V6 a3 to drive than my A4 1.8T but if I had the a3 1.8, I would probably stay with the A4 as the seats are better, and it is better on long journeys...

If we get one it would be the 5-door sportback. I don't think they are releasing the 3-door in the US yet. They are also going to ax the 1.8t in favor of the new (at least over here) 2.0t. It is rated at 200hp and 207lb/ft and is supposed to get up to 39m.p.g. One problem we may run into is that they are not going to release the Quattro models until after our lease is up. It may be even longer for the 2.0t Quattro.