2006 Sportback - Panoramic Sunroof. Clasp on blind disintegrated.

Star

Reaction score
The clasp on the blind which keeps it in place above my head disintegrated last night whilst driving home, and trying to get some respite from the afternoon sun.

Still in a 1 yr aftermarket warranty, but I very much doubt it will cover things so trivial.

Is this something Audi will replace and charge me £50 for the privileged?

£50? I wasn't aware that you could walk in and out of an Audi dealership without leaving with a dent in your balance with at least two zeros on the end?

No way! Same thing happened to me on my new (55 plate) 3.2 quattro just yesterday!!
Only had the car 2 days so bit gutted really but not the end of the world..
Would be interested in a fix though

You got a pic mate so can check etka for the part.

Here's my first attempt at uploading to a forum!:

These are the parts that crumbled in my hand, I think something may have snapped...
fdb393c2.jpg

And heres the view from above:
bc706509.jpg

I also have another slider at the back of the car with the piece in tact that I can photograph if need be

Cheers

TBH mate it doesnt look broken from those pics, just has come apart & needs rebuilding, speculative but I cant see any breaks in the plastic trim in the roof, are there anyother parts or this was all?

I think the roof side of it is still in tact, to me it looks like the White bits that are in the little black L shaped bits appear to have been sheared off - was this originally one part that would slot in or would it come as a little jigsaw type piece?

Are yes I can see now, thats what I get for hardly any sleep, blame the daughter for that.

I'd say as you that they've snapped of huh fella, well not sure if you can remove that sliding part without roof liner out, got an expanded pic from say the floor, if I get chance I'll check elsawin.

Ok thanks would appreciate it - hopefully it's straightforward enough

How's the colic?

Urmm hit & miss atm, I'm still trying to get the bottles for her, but she has been a little better, thanks for asking.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses.

Mines definitely sheared off, and I also have the one in the back intact, pus the roof bit seems still intact, it's just the bits that have fallen off (much like ni the pic below).

So having a close look, I am missing one of the black arms shown in the above picture, and the grey piece has the inner tab sheared off.

Does anybody know a way of getting these parts without paying a massive premium? I'm living in a country where English is not the first language and my last service indicates that trying to get the local garage to do it would be a painful experience from all angles.

Appreciate any help :sm4: