EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook

Audi TT-S Engine cover on A3 09/10 Engine Bay?

How much different are they in terms of mounting points? I'm guessing they have different mounting points but should be a direct fit to 2.0T FSI EA888/EA113 engines no? Would it be easy to mod one?

Has anybody done this? I think I'm liking the TT-S covers.

MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    as far as i know Haz1 has fitted one to his S3 so he will be the person to ask

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    Here's a picture of how my engine bay currently looks like:

Gievf Buckets

Status
    someone over on vagoc did it too looks fresher imo its cheaper too im led to belive something liek 50 spankers

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    I gotta see that one. How does the Oil Dipstick, and etc was altered to fit the TSI engine? *heads off to VAGOC.co.uk*

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xnox202 View Post
    Here's a picture of how my engine bay currently looks like:

that looks f'ing amazing.

i'm after a VF CAI as well. what engine cover is that?!?!

someone on here had bought a 2nd cover and hacked off the bits that house the air intake. that looked pretty amazing too. i was thinking of going down that route...
    Last edited by sub39h; 23rd September 2010 at 17:57.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    It's my stock engine cover mate. Actually, it's the TSI engine cover version for the Audi A3 if you gents haven't seen it.

Guess it's a no slap-and-go with the TT-S engine cover then eh? I'm trying to look for the TT-S engine cover's mounting point just to see how much alterations I would need to do then maybe selling this engine cover off?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xnox202 View Post
    It's my stock engine cover mate. Actually, it's the TSI engine cover version for the Audi A3 if you gents haven't seen it.

Guess it's a no slap-and-go with the TT-S engine cover then eh? I'm trying to look for the TT-S engine cover's mounting point just to see how much alterations I would need to do then maybe selling this engine cover off?
    if you're thinking of shifting it i could give it a home? price dependent ofc . PM me when you find a solution.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    I remembered I saw a thread here, someone putting up the TT-S engine cover but it was on an S3 though, still.. I wondered even if that one needs some modifications to fit.

Okay this thread is going nowhere, lol. Someone gotta donate me or buy themselves a TT-S engine cover and put info in this thread! :D

1st Gear

Status
    I've had the TT-S cover fitted on my S3 (or ex-S3 , ive got a buyer) and it is the most straight forward thing ever. You will need three bolts for fitting the cover (which have rods of some sort) they were about 10. The cover was 75 including vat, its a really easy fit and the best thing about it is the cover easily clips on and off for quick engine inspection.

Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

5th Gear

Status
    Gone are the days of nice looking engines, there all covered in these crappy plastic covers. The Alfa 3.0V6 24v was a work of art.

I knew you'd get a buyer soon Seeb, bet your gonna miss her eh?! when are you starting your placement?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Gone are the days of nice looking engines, there all covered in these crappy plastic covers. The Alfa 3.0V6 24v was a work of art.

I knew you'd get a buyer soon Seeb, bet your gonna miss her eh?! when are you starting your placement?
    I will defo miss her, I've put so much time and effort towards her but hopefully I can get something better when I finish my placement. I actually start next week so really glad the buyer is coming tomorrow.

About engines, the TTRS lump looks nice!
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz1 View Post
    I've had the TT-S cover fitted on my S3 (or ex-S3 , ive got a buyer) and it is the most straight forward thing ever. You will need three bolts for fitting the cover (which have rods of some sort) they were about 10. The cover was 75 including vat, its a really easy fit and the best thing about it is the cover easily clips on and off for quick engine inspection.

That looks real amazing Haz1. What type of fitting are you talking about?

If you don't mind helping me out, do you have any pictures of how does the TT-S engine cover looks like from behind?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where can I buy one of these?

Neutral

Status
    Hi
    Is this the OME TTS cover? and is this a TTS engine
    I now have MSS Kits Springs on my car
    The ride quality is far superior than OME and many other brands that I have tried