Audi TT-S Engine cover on A3 09/10 Engine Bay?

xnox202

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
How much different are they in terms of mounting points? I'm guessing they have different mounting points but should be a direct fit to 2.0T FSI EA888/EA113 engines no? Would it be easy to mod one?

Has anybody done this? I think I'm liking the TT-S covers. :wub:

112_0805_04z+2009_audi_TTS+engine.jpg

as far as i know Haz1 has fitted one to his S3 so he will be the person to ask

someone over on vagoc did it too looks fresher imo its cheaper too im led to belive something liek £50 spankers

I gotta see that one. How does the Oil Dipstick, and etc was altered to fit the TSI engine? *heads off to VAGOC.co.uk*

Here's a picture of how my engine bay currently looks like:

dsc00921o.jpg

that looks f'ing amazing.

i'm after a VF CAI as well. what engine cover is that?!?!

someone on here had bought a 2nd cover and hacked off the bits that house the air intake. that looked pretty amazing too. i was thinking of going down that route...

Last edited:
It's my stock engine cover mate. Actually, it's the TSI engine cover version for the Audi A3 if you gents haven't seen it.

Guess it's a no slap-and-go with the TT-S engine cover then eh? I'm trying to look for the TT-S engine cover's mounting point just to see how much alterations I would need to do then maybe selling this engine cover off? :p

It's my stock engine cover mate. Actually, it's the TSI engine cover version for the Audi A3 if you gents haven't seen it.

Guess it's a no slap-and-go with the TT-S engine cover then eh? I'm trying to look for the TT-S engine cover's mounting point just to see how much alterations I would need to do then maybe selling this engine cover off? :p

if you're thinking of shifting it i could give it a home? price dependent ofc :p. PM me when you find a solution.

I remembered I saw a thread here, someone putting up the TT-S engine cover but it was on an S3 though, still.. I wondered even if that one needs some modifications to fit.

Okay this thread is going nowhere, lol. Someone gotta donate me or buy themselves a TT-S engine cover and put info in this thread! :D

I've had the TT-S cover fitted on my S3 (or ex-S3 , ive got a buyer) and it is the most straight forward thing ever. You will need three bolts for fitting the cover (which have rods of some sort) they were about £10. The cover was £75 including vat, its a really easy fit and the best thing about it is the cover easily clips on and off for quick engine inspection.

DSC_7980.jpg

Gone are the days of nice looking engines, there all covered in these crappy plastic covers. The Alfa 3.0V6 24v was a work of art.

I knew you'd get a buyer soon Seeb, bet your gonna miss her eh?! when are you starting your placement?

Gone are the days of nice looking engines, there all covered in these crappy plastic covers. The Alfa 3.0V6 24v was a work of art.

I knew you'd get a buyer soon Seeb, bet your gonna miss her eh?! when are you starting your placement?

I will defo miss her, I've put so much time and effort towards her but hopefully I can get something better when I finish my placement. I actually start next week so really glad the buyer is coming tomorrow.

About engines, the TTRS lump looks nice!

I've had the TT-S cover fitted on my S3 (or ex-S3 , ive got a buyer) and it is the most straight forward thing ever. You will need three bolts for fitting the cover (which have rods of some sort) they were about £10. The cover was £75 including vat, its a really easy fit and the best thing about it is the cover easily clips on and off for quick engine inspection.

DSC_7980.jpg

That looks real amazing Haz1. What type of fitting are you talking about?

If you don't mind helping me out, do you have any pictures of how does the TT-S engine cover looks like from behind?

Hi
Is this the OME TTS cover? and is this a TTS engine