3.2 jacking point

clem2192

Reaction score
All,

Planning to get my new wheels on this weekend, have done a search on the forum but cant find the answer so.......

Where is the jacking point / best place for jacking the 3.2 using a trolley jack?

Cheers

Ryan

If you check the sill closely you'll find a couple of arrows pressed into the metal which show you were to put the standard jack - I'd just put the trolley in the same place under these arrows tbh.

If you check the sill closely you'll find a couple of arrows pressed into the metal which show you were to put the standard jack - I'd just put the trolley in the same place under these arrows tbh.

careful there, if you put the trolley jack nearest the bodywork you will crease the body work, the correct loading point is on the arrow

Also ideally use a rubber block or wood as the sill can get damaged especially 3.2 is very front heavy.

That can't be the typical place to put a trolley jack, surely?!

I always used the car jack is I was putting it on stands as like you say there doesn't seem to be 2 areas...

Watch using that standard jack they look lethal!!

The reason the oem jack has the channel in is it is purposely designed to fit around the ridge/crease you can see hanging down, thus no damage down, but the jacks arent exactly the best to work with, but to date havnt caused me an issue, but I do use a trolley jack these days & the correct place is indeed marked by an arrow on the bottom edge of the car front & rear, as already advised a piece of rubber is advised so as to not damage the underside.

I do use stands on the front purely for safety even if the trolley jack is meaty as hell, anything can fail at anytime, so I always like to have 2/3 safety precautions in place.