Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

black optic grill

does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a new grill i messaged a guy selling one on ebay and was told by him i just need to unscrew and unclip the old one and clip the new one on is it this easy or does the bumper need to be removed?
    this is a link to the item
    Audi A3 Single Frame Front Grill in Black 8P 2005-2008 on eBay (end time 10-Oct-10 18:07:52 BST)
    is this the right part for a sport model?
    also can the black from around the grill be removed and replaced with the chrome from my old grill?
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    To be honest with you, some people say you can remove the old grill without removing the bumper if you have some help but I did it on my own and ended up having to remove the bumper to do the job

6th Gear

Status
    Easiest way is to remove the bumper

It's then a case of a few screws and out if pops. The new one just clips in place, screws into position and then put the bumper back on
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Easiest way is to remove the bumper

It's then a case of a few screws and out if pops. The new one just clips in place, screws into position and then put the bumper back on
    Yep drop the bumper....easiest way
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a new grill i messaged a guy selling one on ebay and was told by him i just need to unscrew and unclip the old one and clip the new one on is it this easy or does the bumper need to be removed?
    this is a link to the item
    Audi A3 Single Frame Front Grill in Black 8P 2005-2008 on eBay (end time 10-Oct-10 18:07:52 BST)
    is this the right part for a sport model?
    also can the black from around the grill be removed and replaced with the chrome from my old grill?
    As for being correct for the sport, just message the guy selling it.....he's got a few styles so bound to send you the correct one if you tell him

Although are you sure that OEM part? Id be asking him that too, a lot of replicas out there

1st Gear

Status
    well i messaged im and he said it would fit. but he didnt say if it was a replica or oem.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

5th Gear

Status
    well i messaged im and he said it would fit. but he didnt say if it was a replica or oem.
    Just check thats its OEM as the S-line grill including all badges and number plate holder is about 150 from dealer so that not expensive considering price on eBay there

Just message him to make sure its OEM, before i bought mine from dealer i bought from ebay, turned out to be a replica, i just contacted ebay and they refunded me straight away because i asked the guy if it was OEM and he said yes....and when it arrived it wasn't! Only cost me 4 to send it back 2nd class of course lol

1st Gear

Status
    i just messaged him again and he said its a replica will there be oem ones on ebay?

5th Gear

Status
    i just messaged him again and he said its a replica will there be oem ones on ebay?
    Yea ive seen them a few times, another option would be ebay.de