Sky InsuranceBadger5
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chester
    Posts
    247

    black optic grill

    does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a new grill i messaged a guy selling one on ebay and was told by him i just need to unscrew and unclip the old one and clip the new one on is it this easy or does the bumper need to be removed?
    this is a link to the item
    Audi A3 Single Frame Front Grill in Black 8P 2005-2008 on eBay (end time 10-Oct-10 18:07:52 BST)
    is this the right part for a sport model?
    also can the black from around the grill be removed and replaced with the chrome from my old grill?
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

    mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    263
    To be honest with you, some people say you can remove the old grill without removing the bumper if you have some help but I did it on my own and ended up having to remove the bumper to do the job

  4. #3
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Easiest way is to remove the bumper

    It's then a case of a few screws and out if pops. The new one just clips in place, screws into position and then put the bumper back on
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  5. #4
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Easiest way is to remove the bumper

    It's then a case of a few screws and out if pops. The new one just clips in place, screws into position and then put the bumper back on
    Yep drop the bumper....easiest way
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  6. #5
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    does anyone know how easy or hard it is to fit a new grill i messaged a guy selling one on ebay and was told by him i just need to unscrew and unclip the old one and clip the new one on is it this easy or does the bumper need to be removed?
    this is a link to the item
    Audi A3 Single Frame Front Grill in Black 8P 2005-2008 on eBay (end time 10-Oct-10 18:07:52 BST)
    is this the right part for a sport model?
    also can the black from around the grill be removed and replaced with the chrome from my old grill?
    As for being correct for the sport, just message the guy selling it.....he's got a few styles so bound to send you the correct one if you tell him

    Although are you sure that OEM part? Id be asking him that too, a lot of replicas out there
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chester
    Posts
    247
    well i messaged im and he said it would fit. but he didnt say if it was a replica or oem.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

    mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

  8. #7
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    well i messaged im and he said it would fit. but he didnt say if it was a replica or oem.
    Just check thats its OEM as the S-line grill including all badges and number plate holder is about 150 from dealer so that not expensive considering price on eBay there

    Just message him to make sure its OEM, before i bought mine from dealer i bought from ebay, turned out to be a replica, i just contacted ebay and they refunded me straight away because i asked the guy if it was OEM and he said yes....and when it arrived it wasn't! Only cost me 4 to send it back 2nd class of course lol
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chester
    Posts
    247
    i just messaged him again and he said its a replica will there be oem ones on ebay?
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

    mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

  10. #9
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    i just messaged him again and he said its a replica will there be oem ones on ebay?
    Yea ive seen them a few times, another option would be ebay.de
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO