JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Warranty issues ( the do's and dont's )

Hi,

Now that my car has finally arrived obviously the modding will begin also, and i would just like to know what you can and cant do without voiding the warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Audi A3 1.4T - Manual - Ambition - Ibis White - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS6 Alloys - Xenons - Black Styling Pack - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel - Piano Black Inlays.

Audi A3 1.4T - S.Tronic - Ambition - Brilliant Black - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS4 Alloys - Xenons - Alu Inserts - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel.

2. # ADS
    ADS

ste
    reverse gear

Status
    hi, any mod to engine, gearbox,brakes, suspension,exhaust or remap will void your warranty

6th Gear

Status
    you'll void the warranty on any part that is affected by the modification. so if you change your suspension but the engine blows out that should be covered.if you remap the car and your suspension gives then that'll be covered. but if you remap and the engine goes they're not gonna help you lol
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    you'll void the warranty on any part that is affected by the modification. so if you change your suspension but the engine blows out that should be covered.if you remap the car and your suspension gives then that'll be covered. but if you remap and the engine goes they're not gonna help you lol

Make sure you get a select switch/flashloader so you can return the car to stock map/settings for dealer visits.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Be Gentle

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    Asked the warranty guy at East Kent Audi this very question the other day and sub eerily cited pretty much his exact words there. He also went on to say that they won't void your warranty unless they can prove that the new part or work done was the cause, so by opening up your dash as long as you don't hack around inside you'll only void the warranty of stuff you remove =) I was assured they are quite good and honouring genuine warranty claims even for those that mod their vehicles... with the above rules taken into account.

If you are really unsure then my advise would be to call your dealer and them about specifics. Dealers are all different and a little "but you said" on your side never hurts

Those are some damn nice cars man, are you wanting anything drastic other than a remap?

1st Gear

Status
    Nothing major was just considering a remap and induction, as im told above if i get a switch it can be set to normal so thats not a problem, and the induction can be removed very simply aswell, so its looking good, will have to risk the lowering part i guess.

Thanks for the help
    Audi A3 1.4T - Manual - Ambition - Ibis White - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS6 Alloys - Xenons - Black Styling Pack - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel - Piano Black Inlays.

Audi A3 1.4T - S.Tronic - Ambition - Brilliant Black - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS4 Alloys - Xenons - Alu Inserts - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel.

2nd Gear

Status
    How long does it take to remove an Evoms/ITG etc and put back to standard?? - Think that will sway whether I get one or not.
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

6th Gear

Status
    depends on how small your hands are haha
    it took me about 30-40 min to get my evoms fitted but that was the first time ive fitted it, sure with practice you could get it a little quicker, its just that the pipe to the turbo that takes a bit of work as there isnt much room down there