Warranty issues ( the do's and dont's )

will-i-a-m

Reaction score
Hi,

Now that my car has finally arrived obviously the modding will begin also, and i would just like to know what you can and cant do without voiding the warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi, any mod to engine, gearbox,brakes, suspension,exhaust or remap will void your warranty

you'll void the warranty on any part that is affected by the modification. so if you change your suspension but the engine blows out that should be covered.if you remap the car and your suspension gives then that'll be covered. but if you remap and the engine goes they're not gonna help you lol

you'll void the warranty on any part that is affected by the modification. so if you change your suspension but the engine blows out that should be covered.if you remap the car and your suspension gives then that'll be covered. but if you remap and the engine goes they're not gonna help you lol
:iagree:
Make sure you get a select switch/flashloader so you can return the car to stock map/settings for dealer visits.

Asked the warranty guy at East Kent Audi this very question the other day and sub eerily cited pretty much his exact words there. He also went on to say that they won't void your warranty unless they can prove that the new part or work done was the cause, so by opening up your dash as long as you don't hack around inside you'll only void the warranty of stuff you remove =) I was assured they are quite good and honouring genuine warranty claims even for those that mod their vehicles... with the above rules taken into account.

If you are really unsure then my advise would be to call your dealer and them about specifics. Dealers are all different and a little "but you said" on your side never hurts :thumbsup:

Those are some damn nice cars man, are you wanting anything drastic other than a remap?

Nothing major was just considering a remap and induction, as im told above if i get a switch it can be set to normal so thats not a problem, and the induction can be removed very simply aswell, so its looking good, will have to risk the lowering part i guess.

Thanks for the help :)

How long does it take to remove an Evoms/ITG etc and put back to standard?? - Think that will sway whether I get one or not.

depends on how small your hands are haha
it took me about 30-40 min to get my evoms fitted but that was the first time ive fitted it, sure with practice you could get it a little quicker, its just that the pipe to the turbo that takes a bit of work as there isnt much room down there