remap and audi service

kirsty76

Reaction score
hi does any one know if i take my car to have an audi service will they upgrade the cpu of my car which will wipe off my remap?

Only if there has been any factory software updates since the last service.
Otherwise no need to flash the ECU.

Ideally you should return the car to stock settings/map as not to arouse suspicion in the event the car is subject to a test drive/

Good luck
Paul

its out of warrenty its 2007. so even if they did test drive it would it matter if they knew it had been remapped?

If they know it's been remapped then there's a chance they will wipe it. My local tuning place offers a reinstall service if this happens cost about £30 if I remember

its out of warrenty its 2007. so even if they did test drive it would it matter if they knew it had been remapped?

Not really but if they wanted to be awkward they could invalidate any post warranty goodwill contrubutions. Wouldnt say it was a huge risk but a risk non the less.

As Shane said, a reflash by your tuner isnt expensive, in fact my REVO used to do it FOC as its a descretionary charge.

If you dont have a switching tool then I would probably just leave it as it is.

Cheers
Paul

well the guy who remapped my car is a close friend so i could prob get it redone for free as he already has the file saved. i was just curious as to weather audi would say anything about not being able to do certain things to my car because of a remap but sounds like it will be fine thanks.