Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

what is needed to install FBMFSW?

hi guys just quick question i am wanting to install a FBMFSW into my a3 s line 2005, doesnt have multi-function.
    i have the flat bottom steering wheel with multi-function, i know i am going to need a slip ring and control module and airbag.

could someone tell me the part numbers for these please

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Are you wanting to install yourself, you will need vcds for sure to code up & remove any errors on install.

So you dont have the round airbag with the wheel cause these arent cheap at all, I can get prices for new slip ring/steering cu if interested, maybe find an airbag but lowest I've seen was 350ish, new are way above that.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    thanks for reply, yes i am wanting to install myself and i know i need vcds was going to buy as its handy to have.
    well i heard that the airbag wont even go off with it been dual stage. seen the airbag covers on ebay was thinking of that.
    yes i am interested in the prices for slip ring and ecu if you dont mind.
    do you have the part numbers for these

all help appreciated thanks

Be Gentle

Status
    You're not going to put in a new airbag?!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i suppose you could make a hybrid airbag if you used your origional airbag and a new cover not something i would want to toy around too much with id need to see the cover and the airbag together to come up with a fitment solution and i aint shelling out 80 quid for acover on a maybe

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3_sline_tdi View Post
    well i heard that the airbag wont even go off with it been dual stage. seen the airbag covers on ebay was thinking of that.
    No thats incorrect, its when fitting a dual stage airbag to a single stage controller on pre-05 8p's thats the question if will function or not, as yours is 05 then you most likely have the dual stage controller/airbag setup already, so shouldnt be an issue, but sticking your old airbag & the cover on, well wish you luck, personally I wouldnt & also whether it will line up with the fbmfsw bolts.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    sorry to hijack, i'm not interested in this mod right away but i thought i might as well ask now instead of starting another thread later.

i've got a 2006/55 S-Line with an MFSW. what do i need to install a FBMFSW aside from the wheel and airbag? do i still need an ECU and slip ring?

cheers in advance!
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!