Finally after 5 weeks

Rhyso

Reaction score
I've become an Audi owner :cool:

Picked up a 57 plate TDI 170 S Line Sportback in Lava Grey with just 24K on the clock :rockwoot:

Here's some very quick pics from this morning; sadly its raining here in South Wales so any hopes of giving it a wash are slim

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Coming from a MK4 Golf (project thread here for those interested rhyso - dirty diesel power!) I'm no stranger to modding :thumbsup:

I've spent the last few weeks searching through the forum looking at various mods etc and have already fitted some S Line valve caps and a tax disc holder.

Immediate plans are to de-badge the rear, fit some MY09 / 11 rear lights, S3 pedals and retro-fit the puddle lights pack. Also when I get my V5 I'll be getting some pressed plates to go with my new plate holders

Hope you like and I look forward to meeting some new people :cool:

Cheers
Rhys

Car looks great Rhyso :rock:

The rear will look 100x better with the new rear lights.

Car looks great Rhyso :rock:

The rear will look 100x better with the new rear lights.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Only had it 24 hours but I love it :yes:

Drive home from Birmingham yesterday was great! I think the engine needs a bit of Italian tuning as I struggled to get 45mpg :unsure:. VCDS shows no codes so I think I'll be doing some logging in the meantime but in all honesty I don't care at this point lol

The car looks very nice and after just browsing through your 10pages of Golf mods i look forward to seeing how you transform this one!

The car looks very nice and after just browsing through your 10pages of Golf mods i look forward to seeing how you transform this one!

Thank you :) Not sure If I'll be changing this one as much as the Golf; though I do recall saying roughly the same thing when I bought the Golf lol

Though the idea of buying the S Line is that most of what I want on a car is already fitted so that's hopefully saved me some money........problem is forums like these are never good for the wallet :haha:

Hi Rhyso!! Long time no speak ha ha!! Car looks good mate. Will look forward to the developments :)

Very nice and great mileage.. Welcome to ASN.

P.S There is no need to travel all the way to Newport for paint correction or detail work. Myself and S4twiggy are based in Merthy Tydfil.

Hi Rhyso!! Long time no speak ha ha!! Car looks good mate. Will look forward to the developments :)

Fancy seeing you on here haha. Cheers Scott :)

Very nice and great mileage.. Welcome to ASN.

P.S There is no need to travel all the way to Newport for paint correction or detail work. Myself and S4twiggy are based in Merthy Tydfil.

Thank you :thumbsup:

That was done a few years back on the old Golf. Where in Merthyr are you guys based? You mobile or have a unit?

Hi mate reply to your earlier question.

Yes we have premises and mobile. We are based in Castle Park in Merthyr and Port talbot.

Hi mate reply to your earlier question.

Yes we have premises and mobile. We are based in Castle Park in Merthyr and Port talbot.

Cool. I'll keep you mind :icon_thumright:

Managed to wash it earlier and the paintwork looks in good condition - thankfully it doesn't look like its been dragged through a hedge backwards!

Managed to de-badge the rear too so it looks a little cleaner

Just been out for a blast across the mountains - well impressed with how planted it feels despite the poor weather conditions :racer:

Why De-badge... makes it look like a poverty spec version? Stick the badges back on quick before the glue dries....

Congrats on the new car, looks ace :D get the MY11 taillights..

Cheers :)

Why De-badge... makes it look like a poverty spec version? Stick the badges back on quick before the glue dries....

Prefer a smoother, cleaner look at the rear. Plus it keeps people guessing as to what's left them standing :cool:

lava grey alll the way ( thats the one i wanted boooooooo) if you dont mind me asking what would one cost

Congratz on the new car :) Great choice in colour aswell haha!
Hopefully i'll be seeing you and the car at some local meets and Audi Drive.
Enjoy the new car and let the modding begin..

Congratz on the new car :) Great choice in colour aswell haha!
Hopefully i'll be seeing you and the car at some local meets and Audi Drive.
Enjoy the new car and let the modding begin..

Yeah I hope to get along to a meet or two - noticed there was one yesterday but I was too busy playing haha

Hoping to go to Audi Driver International so if you're going it would be good to tag along with some people :icon_thumright:

Yeah I hope to get along to a meet or two - noticed there was one yesterday but I was too busy playing haha

Hoping to go to Audi Driver International so if you're going it would be good to tag along with some people :icon_thumright:

Haha dont blame!! Yeah tag along with me, Colin (CMD) and few others. Will Pm you mate :)

Ah sorry. I paid £15,495 with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, 3 months warranty and a full tank of diesel.

cheers mate its really nice i got my sline front end ontoday ( yeahhhh) fog lights need wireing ( booooooooooo ) anyone know what plugs you need cant fint them anywhere