New Turbo

Andy88

Reaction score
I am trying to cost a new Turbo upgrade for my 2.0 tdi, i have been quoted "£1844.58 (Approx)" and told it will achieve around around 220bhp and 370+ lb/ft but i will need a new performance clutch which is included in the price. Does anybody know if this is a reasonable price for the work and parts required and of any other places in and around the manchester area that i can get another quote to compare it too.
I would also like to find out if this ammount of torque is too much for 2wd, so i am really interested to see the opinions of people who have driven or own a car with this upgrade. Oh and do i need the clutch streight away !?

You don`t need a clutch straight away. Can i ask which company told you this and what turbo and who`s mapping it?

You don`t have to have a clutch straight away as yours might last 10 miles or 100,000 miles unless you know it is on it`s way out now. Cannot comment on AwesomeGTI`s diesel mapping. I guess Jeff is still doing it.

my clutch has lasted around 6 months... so to be honest i wouldn't do it straight away..

thanks for the info, i couldnt see me needing a new clutch straight away. what do you think this would be like on 2wd? i dont want to go and get it done and then it end up being unusable power.

220 bhp is nothing much these days on modern cars. If your getting a custom map done at Awesome don`t get caught up in the big numbers game. A big peak power number don`t make a better car the power curve is more important and the car will smoke with 370 lb torque.