Self Levelling Xenon with DRL's Fault

Lion Man

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have the self levelling warning light lit on the DIS. The car has just been returned after some bodywork to replace the wing on the passenger which involved the removal and refitting of the headlight and bumper. Does the headlight need resetting in the car management software or has the body shop damaged the self levelling sensor? I have also heard from someone that the sensor sits somewhere between the suspension arm and chassis on the passenger side.

Any assistance would be grateful before I start my informed discussion with the body shop.

Thanks in advance.

Lion Man

PS everything was fully working before it went into repair and the damage to the wing was only a deep scrape however it was better to replace the wing then waste time panel beating and filling.

Check the leveling sensor thats fitted to the passenger front wishbone, when people jack up the cars, sometimes if no care is taken, they can snap the xenon sensor arm of, if this is intact then yes stick it on vagcom to check what the actual fault is & it should clealy show you the issue & what needs doing.