Sidelight Bulb help and advice?

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
I would like to upgrade the standard sidelight bulbs in my 2004 A3 with something that is much brighter and gives off a whiter light. I am unsure what I should be looking for, LED's or standard bulbs?
I read once that LED's can cause problems with the DIS showing that the bulb has gone etc, is this true?
I have also read about Piaa and Chrome mirror effect but am still confused.

Please can anyone recommend which bulbs I need, I just want something that is whiter and brighter to match the bright white headlamp bulbs I have?

thanks in advance

I always go for Phillips Blue Vision sidelights to go with my white dipped beams.
The bulb glass is blue but the light emitted is white.

You can find them on ebay for about a fiver for two bulbs.

:thumbsup:

Or if you want to go led, this sort of thing will be suitable. ebay led
They have built in resistors, which means they will be plug and play. Lot's on there so have a look

I have bought a few.

It does seem though that you get what you pay for . I have bought a couple of sets of number plates bulbs of there. 1st set was cheapest I could find and they lasted about 2 months before the leds fell off the pcb. The 2nd set I have now cost a lot more, but the quality is much better and should last a lot longer structurally wise.

would you happen to have an ebay link to the ones that are better made so that I don't buy some cheapo ones ?

These dont look to bad. Should be nice and bright.linky

There is only one problem with leds though, When they are off, they look foo king ugly!

thanks, worth a try. I'll try to not look at the headlight units in the daytime lol :)