Advice please!! A3 BLACK EDITION TDI - CONVERTING SINGLE EXHAUST TO TWIN

boy5545

Reaction score
Ok finally decided i'm going to buy the Black Edition TDI 140 however, i'm very fussy and i don't like the single exhaust. I've decided when i buy the car i want to convert the single into a double exhaust. I don't have a clue how much this process will cost and what exactly will need changing. I'm hoping it won't cost much...any advice on what i need to do thanx.

get a milltek cat back. approx cost £500

Get a new lower valance i think thats about £90, you will also need to get a new honeycomb effect that when i last checked was £110 :( As its different on the single and dual exhaust valance. And a new back box. If you plan on any performance mod may be worth looking at milltek :)

i have a twin exit valance in lava grey not sure if its your year tho

The single exhaust doesn't seem to have many fans does it!

It should be a fairly easy mod to do but I would always question the cost/benefit.

Benskin is right, you need a new valance and 1 piece of honeycomb insert. (the main middle one)

The tow cover and left hand side honeycomb is the same.

Its a 10 minute job to switch the valance, its 2 screws and a load of slotted clips, easy!

Once thats sorted i'd get a custom exhaust place to put me some new stainless trims on to the standard box.

Shouldnt cost more than £250 all in. I'll put some pics of mine up next week once the custom trims are fitted. I'm going for 2x 3.5 inch as they look much nicer than the 2x3 inch Audi fit as OEM.

Hey thanks for the comments. The parts that i need where do i purchase them from. anyone could recommend me a place btw, i'm in Manchester so if anyone know's a decent garage let me know. I'm presuming i need to buy valance online?

Hey thanks for the comments. The parts that i need where do i purchase them from. anyone could recommend me a place btw, i'm in Manchester so if anyone know's a decent garage let me know. I'm presuming i need to buy valance online?

No you need to get them from the parts counter at your local Audi dealer

Ok popped down to the Audi service centre and told them i want to have the single exhaust changed to a double. The guy said it can't be done WTF!!! he also told me that modifying the exhaust will invalidate the car warranty. What's your thoughts guys?

Ok popped down to the Audi service centre and told them i want to have the single exhaust changed to a double. The guy said it can't be done WTF!!! he also told me that modifying the exhaust will invalidate the car warranty. What's your thoughts guys?

Right dont listen to Audi regarding parts changing as they told us, you cant could do the single grill conversion from the split grills. Pretty sure they told NHN he couldnt do stuff with his car which he proved them wrong. You can buy the dual valance unclip your single one and sell it on.
And clip the dual one on. Dont speak to parts regarding warranty after all they only work in parts and they probably cant even find there own nose. Regarding the exhaust just get a custom exhaust back box. Cant see why that would vaild it. Speak to sales or aftersales and see what they say

Any changes from standard spec CAN invalidate your warranty and should also be notified to your insurer... I know that sounds very BAh Humbug but I would hate to see folks lose their warranty and possibly more importantly be driving UNINSURED which is what could result from not declaring modifications.:sadlike:

No need to change the exhaust, any custom place can swap the single trim into a twin for £60-£70

If Audi invalidate a warranty because of tail pipe trims, then they would never get custom! To be fair, they probably wouldnt even notice.

Hi All, does anyone have the truth about the single and twin exhausts? I'm about to buy the 170bhp sportback black edition and im gonna spec it pretty high, and after spending about 28ish grand, i defo want a double exhaust, and i dont want to have to fiddle about with it afterwards....

does anyone know why they have a single exhaust? thanks all

fforeggub posted on this a while ago Singh and some photos. You may be able to search them? Twin everyday for me!

All the best...